“Convenient, Clean & Comfortable. but...”

Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel
Ranked #27 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 3 July 2014

PROS: Very close to Manhattan (just minutes by subway); close to different subway lines included one that takes you to JFK; close to stores and restaurants; clean; comfortable; reasonably priced (for New York).
CONS: No Free Wi-Fi (Tripadvisor listed it as among the amenities. Had I known that, I would have considered other hotels); breakfast not included.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were visiting family in New Jersey and wanted to stay close to Manhattan where we could spend some decent time without travelling to and from Jersey. The location was great, close to a subway and downtown Brooklyn. We were lucky to be placed on the 22nd floor, the room was quiet and clean, the king bed was amazing. The value was good for the rate we paid, although unfortunately the hotel system wouldn't accept the mastercard travel money card I was travelling with - lucky I had my credit card! Would definately stay again given the chance.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Room was very nice, and considerably more spacious than I expected to find in NY. I had a view of the Statue of Liberty from my window, albeit a very distant one. The noise level was minimal, and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. You're right in downtown Brooklyn, about 15 minutes by foot from the bridge, and subway entrances surround the building on every side.

Room Tip: The further you are from ground level, the further you'll be from sirens and street noise.
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice rooms, pleasant staff, always a taxi available. Starbucks on premises. Walking distance to Juniors Restaurant. Only fault was no A/C in the hallways! Stifling hot waiting for elevators. But will definitely will stay there again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen H
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed at the Hotel for a wedding in Brooklyn. Several things bothered me.First, you have to PAY for internet service in your room. To me this is just plain old cheap. The fire alarms went off twice in our 2 day stay. We ask the hotel to call a cab for us, which they did, but they called the private cab service connected to the hotel. We were not informed of this connection and the cost for the cab was very expensive..

We have stayed in many hotels and B&B's in America and Europe. I wouldn't go back to this one. Sorry Sheraton, you let me down on this one.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MikeWebb219
Denise L, Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We are extremely sorry to hear of your recent experience at the Sheraton Brooklyn. We have addressed your concerns with the proper departments. If you would like to discuss this matter further please feel free to reach out to Patricia Caruso the Assistant General Manager at patricia.caruso@sheratonbrooklynnewyork.com. Please know this is not the typical service of our hotel.

We cannot even begin to explain how disappointed we were to hear of the issues you experienced during your stay with us.Please accept my sincere apology for the issues you faced. This is certainly not the experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. Our goal is to provide our guests with a welcoming, home-away-from-home, and to hear that we did not properly carry out this promise is very disappointing.

Thank You for your visit and we hope to see you soon.
Best wishes and safe travels.
The Management Team

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I've stayed at the Sheraton Brooklyn for business twice, and both times the experience was very good. The location is classic Sheraton, with rooms and bathrooms that are well-appointed and stylish, if small. The front desk was very friendly and helpful, and room service was fine.

My only complaints are somewhat minor:
* The wireless in the rooms is an extra charge of $40 for 3 days, and it cannot be shared among devices. That seems like a policy from ten years ago, and smacks of trying to squeeze some extra money out of business travelers with a hidden charge.
* I requested wake-up calls 3 times, and twice no call came.
* The lobby is crowded and chopped up with chairs and pillars. It feels very claustrophobic and uninviting.

Overall, I enjoyed staying at this hotel, and will probably make it my default choice for my frequent NYC visits.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed away from the various rooftop patios. One was outside of my window, and it turns o...
2  Thank Reason_SF
Denise L, Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Brooklyn Hotel, we appreciate your loyalty. I am pleased to learn that you had a very good experience during your recent stay.Nevertheless,we are extremely regretful to hear of the mishaps you encountered. We have addressed your concerns with the proper departments. If you would like to discuss this matter further please feel free to reach out to Patricia Caruso the Assistant General Manager at patricia.caruso@sheratonbrooklynnewyork.com. Please know this is not the typical service of our hotel. We look forward to having you stay here again in the near future.
Thank you and we wish you a safe travel.

Sheraton Management Team

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Was told on phone I had free internet. Not so it was $14.95 which they charged for and I disputed on checkout and they credited my account. Parking was $20 per night with in and out privileges. Not so it was $45 and you were allowed to go out once plus it was a parking lot one block away. Elevators took a long time. Best feature was club level features. Not staying here ever again.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

We are extremely sorry to hear of you recent experience at the Sheraton Brooklyn. We have addressed your concerns with the proper departments. If you would like to discuss this matter further please feel free to reach out to Patricia Caruso the Assistant General Manager at patricia.caruso@sheratonbrooklynnewyork.com. Please know this is not the typical service of our hotel.

Thank You for visiting us and we hope we see soon.
Best wishes and safe travels.

The Management Team