“Very comfortable”

Ranked #25 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Roma
“Very comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Nice hotel, just a short walk from the Brooklyn Bridge and the stunning view of Prospect Park (and with 4 metro stops within max. 2 minutes walk). A lot of shops in the area. Rooms are nice and well equipped, everything works very well and the people working there are gentle and effective. Plus: prices are honest and fair for this comfortable Sheraton. I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

My family and I came to the Sheraton for a weekend trip while visiting my brother. Id like to first talk about the room. it was VERY clean and comfortable. A little cramped for space, but it did its job. The beds were a dream to sleep in and we got some great rest. The pool area wasn't as big as it looked in the picture, but it was fun, and served its purpose as well---we had a great time taking a late night swim, and the lifeguard on duty was VERY nice and assisted me with helping my toddler get used to the water. The lounge area was very clean and neat and homely. The staff member Darcil (hope im spelling it right) went ABOVE and beyond to make us comfortable. She truly made us feel at home, and she was very patient and compliant with our requests. We love her :) The food choices for breakfast weren't the best but with what was provided...we enjoyed it. The finger foods/chicken spread later in the afternoon was very tasty, but again--more variety would be appreciated. We really liked the exclusiveness of the club lounge, as it made for a relaxed comfortable hang out spot and it was never overcrowded. We also were assisted by Marissa and Efrain at the front desk who were both EXTREMELY nice and helped out a lot. Lastly Ray assisted us with packing up our bags and loading them into our car...he was so helpful and friendly. We would definitely come back here over and over again and appreciate all the hospitality :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Wheaton, illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

It's NY. $300 / night doesn't go that far even in Brooklyn. But I would have expected a little more. The room was fine, in fact quite nice. I had no problems like some of the others indicated. However, the club lounge was disappointing. When I was in there, it was unkept. The evening snacks didn't have any beer or wine - even from a paid bar. The food options were very limited. The breakfast service was limited too. Be aware the neighborhood seems a little sketchy, but it's OK. There were no cabs out front. I wanted to get a drink from the bar, but it seemed closed - odd as it was 9p. Not sure what was going on there. All in all it was an OK experience, but don't go with your expectations too high. It is only a few short stops from the Financial district and is a good value relative to what you'll get in Manhattan. So I will stay here again.

Room Tip: higher is better!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days in mid July 2014. I am a regular visitor to Brooklyn and have stayed at various boutique hotels in the area over the years.

I have no complaints about the hotel room or the facilities, they were pretty adequate, although not much better than that. What I was disappointed with was the general chaotic nature of the reception area and the entrance to the hotel. I was also very disappointed with the response i got when i complained that the hotels laundry service had managed to shrink a pretty expensive shirt of mine, that i had bought only the week before.

On two occasions I called the hotel, on both occasions i left a message, to which no response, either by phone or email, was forthcoming. On the third occasion the receptionist i spoke to was pretty short with me and told me to call the laundry service direct and raise the issue with them. Bear in mind that the laundry service was the hotels laundry service.

I won't be staying here again....

Room Tip: Expensive wifi
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Montana, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

This Sheraton had nicely appointed rooms, some might say small, but for New York standards, I thought it was spacious and still had a king bed, armchair, nightstands, and a desk. The lobby is small but still has nice chairs to hang out in and there is a large coffee shop that serves all your favorite Starbuck's drinks. All of the staff at the hotel were very nice and accommodating. We had to leave items at the front desk for pickup and they were happy to do it. My luggage decided to take a different trip than mine and as soon as it got there very early the next morning, security came up and delivered it so I was not late to work. The only negative item was when you ask for a cab, the bellmen get you a gypsy cab. It cost me $20 to go to Park Slope. Once in Park Slope I saw there are metered cabs now in Brooklyn, so you have to make sure to ask the bellmen to get you a metered cab (about 1/2 the cost). There is a restaurant and bar in the hotel and a very cute restaurant/bar right across the street too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We really enjoy our stay at the Sheraton Brooklyn everytime we come. The staff are so accomodating!! The location works well for us as our daughter goes to school at LIU University which is just around the corner. We are also able to jump on the subway and be in Manhattan in 10 minutes. It is so convenient! The rooms are small but are modern and clean. The beds are super comfy, the shower is amazing and the customer service is excellent. We stayed on the 24th floor and had a beautiful view of Brooklyn. The only downside for staying up this high is that there is a night club near this floor which kept us up a few nights a little later then we wanted to be. The hotel offers cookies and lemonade through out the day which is a nice touch. Overall an excellent choice and we prefer the calmer atmosphere in Brooklyn vs NYC.

Room Tip: higher floors are quieter but make sure you check what floor the night club is on
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Spent 5 wonderful days at this hotel with my boyfriend. Rooms were dreamy and very comfy. Hotel is in the heart of brooklyn with subway station very close. Which allow us to move easily. The starbucks in the lobby is an added value. Only thing that bother me a bit; for the price we pay for the room (around 250usd) we should have had complimentary breakfast...but nice stay overall

• Stayed September 2013