“La la - Pool just open in the afternoon - Executive Lounge :-(”

Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel
Ranked #27 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 29 November 2010

It was not that stay at we expected with Sheraton. We had a reservation for a quiet room upstairs end of floor - at least we stayed in front of the elevator - with every stop "bling bling". All around outside it was really noisy - they built some new houses.

We booked this hotel especially because of the pool in NYC and the Executive floor. The pool-hours starts at 4pm - you can´t use it in the morning, same with jacuzzi. So it does not make really sense, during the evening you are mostly out for dinner or concerts. There was no sorry ... this are the rules.

The Executive Lounge - hm. Nothing special - dark, cold, oldfashioned. Nothing special.

Reviewed 27 November 2010

Although off the beaten path and in kind of an odd location, this hotel was an excellent deal. The place is brand new, the lobby is smallish, but it was filled with twenty-somethings just about everytime I went through - all on their laptops drinking coffee. Room was small, but comfortable, clean, and modern. The workout facility was great! All brand new modern equipment. Parking was around the corner, (Vic's) - they were nice folks. They parked the car for you, and I walked the next morning to pick it up (saved $14 in valet that way). Cost was $25 to park.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2010

The restaurants were excellent, the room was better and the service and friendliness of the hotel staff was the best! Everything was top notch; this was our first visit and we were made to feel right at home. Ramon in the restaurants and Nicole at the front desk were especially helpful, and went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and to make sure our visit was perfect. We look forward to going back; we know a smile is waiting.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2010

I stayed here about weeks ago with my wife over heard another couple talking about bedbugs in there room but didn't put much stock into it and really didn't worry as we were only there 2 nights and were checking out the next morning. A few days ago my wife and I started to get bit up and found a bug and confirmed it was a bed bug. As I never had bed bugs before this trip I was pretty sure I knew where it came from. I called the Hotel to at least try and confirm that they had the problem or even knew about it and was told some one would call me back,but never heard from them, which just tells me that there avoiding the problem. I will not be staying there any time soon (never again!). If your planing on staying there just check the beds before you get in them. its a shame other then this they were a nice hotel.

5  Thank MrBBubblez
MarieKupfer, General Manager at Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2010

Hello Mr B Bubblez
I just saw your review regarding a recent stay at our fine facility which opened a few short months ago. As I know you are aware every major branded hotel has their staff go through extensive training and has procedures in place to proactively protect the safety, security and integrity of every guest room. I am not aware of any incident of this nature that came up but would certainly like to speak with you personally to ascertain the facts surrounding your visit. In this way I can conduct a proper investigation to insure the integrity of this guest room.
My direct dial is 917-281-5188. Please feel free to contact me at any time. I look forward to our conversation and I look forward to being your host in the near future.
Marie J. Kupfer
Sheraton Brooklyn
marie.kupfer@sheratonbrooklynnewyork.com

Reviewed 17 November 2010

We had a nice stay here. Hotel was away from all the hustle and bustle, yet very convenient to subway. Seemed to be more of a business clientelle. Very reasonable, also, and no extra charges. Will be happy to stay here again!
There is a very nice museum and a lovely park within walking distance.

Reviewed 16 November 2010

New and clean with nice finishes. Small rooms, but that was expected - it is NYC. Helpful staff and management e-mail prior to trip was a nice touch. Very close to several subway lines. My 70 year old mother didn't mind the short walk to the subway. Club level weekend breakfast voucher was OK.

2 problems with the location: 1) Use of the subway is necessary. Construction, one way streets and newness of hotel means many taxi drivers don't know how to get there - even with internet directions or GPS. Pay attention when you come in from the airport because if you use a taxi or car service to get back to the hotel you will have to instruct someone during your stay. 2) Not a lot of dining options immediately surrounding the hotel. The area is pretty deserted at night so walking later in the evening may make some uncomfortable. Taxi use takes you back to problem 1.

If you are someone who is comfortable in an urban atmosphere and with the use of the NYC subway system this hotel is a great value compared with staying in Manhattan.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2010

The room was great. The service from the concierges and welcome staff was wonderful. Access to the internet from the lobby was slow but the computers were modern and had great screens. The bar staff was very good one evening ( a young lady) and appallingly rude on another when my wife and I went for a drink soon after opening time and were made to feel inconvenient nonentities at best. The quality of the food in the restaurant on our experience needs significant improvement to justify the price. However, the bar prices are a lot better than reasonable; particulalry during Happpy Hour.

location- 50 metres from subway station, around 25/30 minutes by subway from Times
Square. We thought location was terrific but can certainly understand comments which suggest otherwise. Fulham Mall will never win any tourism prizes. Lack of local restaurrants may be an issue- we ate most nights in Manhattan- and thank god for au bon pain at metrotech up the street away from the mall for breakfast.