“Clean Living Near the Cruise Terminal in Brooklyn”

Sleep Inn Brooklyn Downtown
Ranked #32 of 71 Hotels in Brooklyn
Okinawa, Japan
“Clean Living Near the Cruise Terminal in Brooklyn”
Reviewed 7 September 2012

This is a great little oasis of clean living in the middle of an otherwise, dirty Brooklyn, but the folks in the neighborhood don't reflect the mess around them. We had an excellent stay in a nicely appointed, though small, room. Breakfast each morning on the house was palatable and subway to Manhattan is only 3 blocks away. Friendly, accommodating service here. I will be back. Very near the port if cruising. MUST eat at Jake's Barbecue !!

Room Tip: C level rooms are below the street, but I imagine all the rooms are quiet here.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank WorldTravelSavey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Czech first
Dayton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We were in town for a wedding in Brooklyn & this hotel was convenient to the wedding venue. It was a small room but it's price reflects this. The hotel was clean & the staff was friendly. The breakfast area had a good variety of choices. It was a short walk to the subway also.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
nassau,bahamas
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Got a single room with king bed here for 2 nights as I just needed somewhere to rest before meeting up with my family who were arriving later. Pre-arranged for an early check-in at 7 am and when i arrived i had no problems and everything went very smooth. Also needed a late checkout at 1pm which they gave to me and waived the $10 fee! YAY!
The staff is always friendly and helpful, the breakfast was good (for being free) and they have a couple vending machines for extra options. The hotel is very clean and the area never once felt unsafe. The hotel seems to be a bit out of the way from "downtown" about a $10 cab ride to atlantic ave/fulton st...but this wasn’t too bad. and they will also call a cab for you at any time.
Another great feature was that they held my packages that were shipped before my arrival for me. I had a bit of issue with this first because when i first called to confirm that they would hold my stuff, the guy was telling me they could only hold it if it arrives one day before my arrival and no longer. How can i guarantee that the stuff arrive one day before i do. Impossible.
but after speaking to two other gents, they confirmed they would be able to keep my stuff until i got there. which they did and no issue/fees or anything .
all in all, good hotel and id definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank bahamalady
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Very clean new hotel in Brooklyn. We initially were worried about the neighborhood, but it was relatively quiet and safe. Hotel is near a subway station and NTC subway is quite efficient we had no transportation issues even later on at night after coming back from a show. Walla are quite thin. We were there at the same time as a group of teenagers from France and they were slamming doors till all hours and we heard everything in the hallway. Once they were gone however everything was fine. We stayed 5 nights and we had excellent service. Breakfast was okay with great service.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MTLcyclebuff
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 July 2012

You choose this hotel to save money when Manhattan is your destination without compromising the most important things being safety and cleanliness.

Cleanliness rating is a 10. Looks like new(probably is as I saw another reviewer said it as a new construction).

Safety is a non issue although it seems to be the concern when considering hotels like this in an old urban location. The hotel is situated in the middle of an old urban very middle class, clean urban family residential neighborhood. Nothing much visually but I don't see any reason to fear for safety than anywhere else urban. There is nothing much in the surrounding area. Restaurants and shops on 4th ave is distinctively Spanish.

Parking is limited like any urban area. If you owned a car and lived in the city, you'll understand. Plenty of parking under the highway bridge 50 yds away.

Breakfast is good and a little more than basic with eggs and sausages in addition to the standard continental fare.

I got my room really cheap and got a very small King bedroom. Any cheaper I'd have to settle for a hostel and shared bath. But I got a very nice comfy king bed and bath. And I kept $200 in my pocket for equivalent room comfort on Manhattan.

Stayed July 2012
1 Thank PhillyGuy88
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 6 July 2012

The only negative thing about this hotel is that although it bills itself as "Sleep Inn Brooklyn Downtown" this is hotel is not near downtown Brooklyn at all. You must take a Subway to get downtown Brooklyn as walking is not feasible. Aside from that, hotel is great, clean, and still new. Staff is nice and friendly and breakfast from 6:30AM - 9:30AM is more than adequate for anyone. Although not in the best of neighborhoods, we never once felt unsafe at all and we've frequent come to the hotel between midnight and 4AM. The subway is a very convenient 5 minute walk from the hotel which will take you to downtown Brooklyn in 10-15 minutes and to Times Square in 35-40 minutes. Parking is extremely limited for those having a car while here. There are 8 parking spots in front of the hotel with at least one usually two being taken up by hotel staff. I would definitely stay in this hotel again as price and quality are a good deal.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TyTy-Buddah
Desoto, TX
Reviewed 19 June 2012

When I first arrived at the hotel I expected the worse. The neighborhood is not the greatest and it was kind of hidden at the end of the street. There were only about 10 parking spaces available at the front of the hotel maybe less so we had to park our car under the freeway bridge across the street hoping there was a parking space available in the morning but this is to be expected in NY parking is at a premium. Check in was quick and painless. When I arrived at the room it was much nicer than I expected it was very small but it was fairly new looking and the beds were comfortable. The hotel provides breakfast in the morning from 6am to 930am.The breakfast items were not bad, they had fruits, yogurt, juices, eggs, sausages, waffles,etc. The dining area is small but we were able to get a seat each time we went. i recommend going early. Overall the hotel was great but very overpriced at $169 per night (I got it for less but that is the going rate) for that price I could get a suite but this is NYC and all hotels are going for those rate or higher. if you are going to Brooklyn I would suggest this hotel, all restaurants and shops were near by and the subway is only 3 blocks away on 25th street.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family