“Surprisingly Fantastic and we will stay again!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel

BEST WESTERN PLUS Arena Hotel
Ranked #19 of 71 Hotels in Brooklyn
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Surprisingly Fantastic and we will stay again!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

Being a native Brooklyn-ite from Flatbush I was very hesitant about staying anywhere on Atlantic Avenue, especially across the street from the El Train and around the corner from busy Nostrand Ave. However, this newly made over Best Western surprised me as I pulled up. The appearance itself told me they made a change, but then I stepped inside to a staff of wonderful people who I cannot remember their names but faces are clear to me, were so helpful, professional and KIND!! My room was clean and comfortable. I will definitely stay here again when I come back home to visit with my family in Brooklyn!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jeanine920

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
Istanbul
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights this may. The hotel was far above my expectations. The cleanliness and size of the room would totally meet the standard you may expect from such a chain hotel. There was a huge LCD screen with lots of alternative channels including HBO. Besides, every room had a free wi-fi

Breakfast was not spectacular, but definitely OK.

At first, the location and the neighborhood may seem a little bit uneasy. We didn't experience any single incident that would make us very uncomfortable during our stay with my wife. Also it can only take 3-4 minutes by walking to reach the nearest subway station. You can reach to downtown or midtown around 30 minutes.

Room Tip: try to avoid the rooms located on the road side
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vladivostox
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

you will be really suprised once you see this place. the rooms look the same as shown on website. it does get a little noisy with the subway passing by but believe me it wont really bother you that much. hay its new york have fun. it will seem a little scary where the hotel is located but im a 27 year old female and i walked all throughout the night by myself. i was suprised to see so many females and older women walking by themselves late into the midnight. you can find just about everything to eat just only a short walk away. the one thing i really love is that i flew into queens and i didnt bring anything. it was awsome that the 99 cent store is on the corner. just remeber u dont need a taxi . i paid 50 bucks for a cab from lagaurdia but all you need to do is take the M60 bus to 125th west in harlem and take the subway A train for 2.25 to nostrand this street is only 2 blocks from hotel .

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank lakoria27
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

This is a nice new hotel in the Bed-Stuy/Crown Heights area of Brooklyn. The hotel itself is outstanding with flat screen TV, refridgerator, and microwave in the rooms. The wi-fi worked very well. They serve a nice free breakfast in the morning with the usual cereal, muffins, pastry etc.The big down side to the hotel is its location right next to the elevated Long Island Railway tracks. The train is pretty loud and if you need total quiet to sleep this is not the place for you.

The hotel is a short two block walk to the A (express) and C (local) line subway which can take you directly downtown in about 30 min. The A line also connects with JFK airport so there is really no reason to get a car. The neighborhood might appear to be a bit scary at first for a non-seasoned traveler however I walked it at all hours by myself and never had any problem. The area is well patrolled by NYPD.

Overall, if you can deal with a little noise and don't have to be in an upscale neighborhood, staying at this hotel is a great way to save money while still staying at a very nice place.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank jsguyrus
Spokane, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

I have to admit I did not have high expectations for a hotel in this neighborhood, but it was where I needed to be. What a surprise! The staff was amazing friendly, fun, and helpful. The bedroom and bathroom were spotlessly clean. The free breakfast was good enough to keep you going for awhile, and the workout room was well equipped. Internet is available in the rooms and in the lobby. Easy access to the subway. And there is a GREAT Indian restaurant in the neighborhood that is NOT dangerous to get to.
Some people have complained about the noise, but it really wasn't bad for a NYC hotel, especially at this price.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank JanetSpokane_WA
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2011

I just returned from NYC yesterday. My friend and I went for New Years Eve. With hotels in Manhattan completely priced out of our price range, we decided to stay here. The staff was incredibly helpful right off the bat and did everything they could to help us enjoy the hotel and NYC. Room was exactly as advertised (very clean, comfy beds, complete control over our temperature, free internet, cable tv, mini vault). The thing that I was most impressed with was that our room had a microwave and fridge. My room at a 4-star Vegas hotel last year didn't even have a fridge. It was a great surprise, and came in very handy.

The hotel is only two blocks from a subway station that took us directly into Manhattan. Very easy walk at all times of the day. Continental breakfast was free each day. Nice fresh selection of food and drinks. It was exactly what I needed to get some food each morning before heading out to the city where I could get bigger meals later.

Yes, the LIRR track is right outside of the window, which we were worried about when we got to our room and saw how close it was. But my friend and I slept straight through the night each night - we had no problem with the noise.

Overall, I would definately recommend this hotel to friends and family (actually, my sister is planning a trip to NYC next year, and I'm going to strongly suggest this place).

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
6 Thank CanuckTraveller33
dc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2010

Wonderful, modern, new, clean hotel with incredibly helpful and friendly staff. Couldn't have been more pleased. Felt like a total luxury hotel at an incredible unbelievable price that included safe (off street/camera protected) FREE parking!? We were on the back of the hotel where it was completely quiet. Subway a block away. We're an older white couple and walked all around the neighborhood to eat and shop - took buses and the subway - felt completely safe even at midnight each night.

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple