“Brooklyn Best Plus Western Arena Hotel”

Best Western Plus Arena Hotel
Ranked #18 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Brooklyn, United States
“Brooklyn Best Plus Western Arena Hotel”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed at the Best Western Arena Hotel, despite the location, the hotel is a hidden gem. When I stepped into the room, I was very happy with the accommodations. The room was very clean, large flat screen television, and enough amenities in the bathroom for my use. The staff was professional and courteous. Despite my room being about 4 feet from the ice and vending machine, it was quiet. Didn't try the breakfast, so I can't rate that. The only downside is a lack of decent restaurants in the neighborhood, but you can always find better food near the Barclay's Center, which is a quick trip on the bus or train. If you use common sense traveling to the hotel at night, you will be fine. Don't pass this hotel up. Brooklyn needs more places like this. I'm picky, and I was very pleased. CC.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Cynthia H
Rich M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Cynthia H,

We sincerely appreciate your sharing your experiences and commenting on your recent stay at the Best Western Arena Hotel. Im delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and that the room was clean and the staff was professional and courteous. What we lack in location we make up for in service. Yes there are more sit down restaurants closer to Barclay Center and lucky for us we are only a few minutes away. Being the largest of the 5 boroughs that make up NYC we are surrounded with diverse communities that seem to change every 15 blocks or so. We are glad you found this hidden gem.

Richard J Murphy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Polish first
worcester
Reviewed 13 March 2014

At the last minute I called to see about availability. Cleopatra not only remembered me from a prior stay but assured me should would be able to accomdate us. We also needed to get ready for a wedding, and even though it was before check-in, she advised us that she had a room that was available. The next day we were at breakfast. I asked if tehre were any bagels. Cleopatra happened to be in charge of the breakfast area. She apologized that the last bagel had been taken. Without my knowledge, she ran out and got my family bagels (and all with a smile on her face). What an amazing employee.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Judy C,

We can not thank you enough for sharing your experiences about your stay with fellow TripAdvisor readers. Our staff sets us up for success and recognizing you from a past stay and going out to buy you bagels demonstrates the level of service Cleopatra and her staff deliver on a regular basis. We are so happy you continue to choose our hotel during your visits to Brooklyn. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Best Western Arena soon.

Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is an excellent hotel. This was my second stay. I'm definitely coming back. Sevices, value, sleep quality cleaniness, location and the rooms were outstanding. The hotel is convenietly located near the subway and my friends in the Brooklyn area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Sandra Z
Rich M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Sandra Z,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us and fellow Tripadvisor reader with your honest feeback about your experiences. With Brooklyn providing you so many hotel options, Im delighted you gave us a second chance to provide you with a stay that was comfortable and enjoyable. Since our location to the subway and your friends is ideal, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Had to stay here for work. I was floored there was free parking ( but only a few spaces). Rooms were nice, free breakfast, very simple but fine. Will definitely stay here again when going to SUNY Downstate. Descent restaurants nearby.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Oceancat
Rich M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Oceancat,

Thank you for your awesome comments about your recent review of the Best Western Arena Hotel. We are close to SUNY Downstate so Im glad our location met your needs. Im delighted to hear that the rooms and breakfast were good and that you would consider staying with us in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back whenever business has you visiting the Brooklyn area.

Richard J. Murphy
Ridge Manor, United States
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We recently stayed at The Best Western PLUS Arena Hotel in Brooklyn,New York . The Stall were GREAT! Everyone was extremely helpful, positive, and cheerful, which makes a Huge difference where mostly people are sadly unhappy. The staff make one feel warm and welcome, which is very important. They take pride in their jobs and their Hotel. The rooms were nicely decorated, verrryyy clean and comfortable. The House Keeping staff were also friendly and on top of their responsibilities and Management was Great! I could go on. Kudos to these Wonderful people and Thank you. You made our little escape from life an absolute pleasure. :o))))

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Christine M
Rich M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Christine M,

Wow what a review!! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with fellow TripAdvisor readers aout the Best Western Arena Hotel. As I respond to most posts we can usually provide you with a clean room and friendly service. Its rewarding to know that everyone you came in contact with from Housekeeping to Management was friendly and helped make a difference during your stay. We truly try our best with each and every guest to provide memorable experiences and its seems we did just that for you.
We hope you consider us again if future trips bring you back to the Brooklyn area.

Richard J Muphy
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Clean rooms, helpful and friendly staff, comfortable beds and easy walk to the subway, not a bad place to stay in Brooklyn although not a highly desired neighborhood still felt safe and comfortable walking back later at night.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Ramona W
Rich M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Ramona W,

Thank you for sharing your comments with fellow Tripadvisor members about your recent stay at the Best Western Hotel. We appreciate you mentioning that our staff is friendly and you were impressed with our clean rooms. I know we are close to your work which also makes us an indeal location for you.
We know you have several choices for hotels in the Brooklyn area, so we are truly gratefull you call us your "home away from home" during your visits. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Waterbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I made a quick reservation on line at short notice and I pull up and go inside. The Night Auditor took 25mins to check me. Then he tells me to park on the street. Come morning time to check out from me not getting up on time I get to my vehicle and I have a ticket. The stay was great just the Quality of the night service it sucks. Will I return no because they have limits space for parking if yours driving. And they need bigger rooms because I got a two Queen sized beds and my bed near the window was less then a foot from my bed.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Inspects_The_Best
Rich M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Inspects_The_Best,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with fellow Tripadvisor members about your brief overnight stay at the BW Arena Hotel. Im dissapointed to hear that the interactions with our night auditor were painfully slow as they processed your check in. Often last minute internet reservations take some time to reach the hotel since we are not fully interfaced with companies such as Expedia, Bookings.com or even Priceline. There may be up to 30 minutes between the time you reserve online and the time the hotel is notified via fax or email. Regardless, the check in should not have taken as long as you described so please accept my apologies for the delay.

Parking is limited at the hotel, yet we have two garages to refer guests too when our parking is at capacity. Street parking is an option but it would be advisable to refer to the posted signs every 50 feet or so.

We would welcome a second chance to provide you with a stay worthy of someone who "inspects the best" in their accommodations. Feel free to contact me directly so I can personally oversee your reservations and ensure a smoother stay.

Richard J. Murphy