“Black Writers Confrence”

Best Western Plus Arena Hotel
Ranked #16 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before for the Black Writers Confrence @ Medgar Evers College. The location is a good one for attending the confrence. Stayed at the hotel from Friday night until checkout on Sunday

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Rich M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Selwyn W,

Thank you for sharing your comments with fellow Tripadvisor readers about your stay at the Best Western Arena Hotel. I recall when you checked in I joked about your "flight" from Elizabeth. We appreciate you continuing to stay with us on your visits to Brooklyn. We do offer convenience to Medgar Evers College as well as cultural and recreational areas like the Brooklyn Museum, Prospect Park and Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. We look forward to providing you with many more rewarding stays.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The room was exceptionally clean. Even though the train was close by, we had no trouble sleeping. Subway station was nearby, making our trip into Manhattan easy. I would stay here again and I would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kathy C,
Thank you for sharing your review with fellow Tripadvisor readers. Im delighted to hear you enjoyed the clean room, free internet and breakfast. We are close to Brooklyn Musuem by taxi 10 minutes away but a bit longer if you walk. We are close to public transportation subway and bus that can have you traveling like a true New Yorker in no time.
We would love to have you come back and see us again if business or pleasure brings you back to Brooklyn.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The hotel is plonked down in an industrial strip by the El, but the price is right for a fairly spacious and clean room, breakfast and free Internet. It's a long walk to the Brooklyn Museum, but doable; livery cars come quickly via pleasant desk staff. Rooms are dark, but great beds! Avoid the office center for anything complex; proprietary software means no images can be saved from the Internet (I needed this for a presentation). Still and all, a good option

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Rich M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Kathy C,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with fellow Tripadvisor readers. Im glad you enjoyed your spacious clean room, free breakfast and internet. My staff is alway eager to help arrange transportation to any destination desired. I am sorry to read you had trouble with our lobby computers not being able to save work needed for your seminar. We have to have those safety precautions in place to avoid malicious software viruses being downloaded thus rendering those computers useless. We are delighted your overall impression was positive and that we were close to the Brooklyn Museum.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed at the Best Western Arena Hotel, despite the location, the hotel is a hidden gem. When I stepped into the room, I was very happy with the accommodations. The room was very clean, large flat screen television, and enough amenities in the bathroom for my use. The staff was professional and courteous. Despite my room being about 4 feet from the ice and vending machine, it was quiet. Didn't try the breakfast, so I can't rate that. The only downside is a lack of decent restaurants in the neighborhood, but you can always find better food near the Barclay's Center, which is a quick trip on the bus or train. If you use common sense traveling to the hotel at night, you will be fine. Don't pass this hotel up. Brooklyn needs more places like this. I'm picky, and I was very pleased. CC.

1  Thank Cynthia H
Rich M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Cynthia H,

We sincerely appreciate your sharing your experiences and commenting on your recent stay at the Best Western Arena Hotel. Im delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and that the room was clean and the staff was professional and courteous. What we lack in location we make up for in service. Yes there are more sit down restaurants closer to Barclay Center and lucky for us we are only a few minutes away. Being the largest of the 5 boroughs that make up NYC we are surrounded with diverse communities that seem to change every 15 blocks or so. We are glad you found this hidden gem.

Regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2014

At the last minute I called to see about availability. Cleopatra not only remembered me from a prior stay but assured me should would be able to accomdate us. We also needed to get ready for a wedding, and even though it was before check-in, she advised us that she had a room that was available. The next day we were at breakfast. I asked if tehre were any bagels. Cleopatra happened to be in charge of the breakfast area. She apologized that the last bagel had been taken. Without my knowledge, she ran out and got my family bagels (and all with a smile on her face). What an amazing employee.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Judy C,

We can not thank you enough for sharing your experiences about your stay with fellow TripAdvisor readers. Our staff sets us up for success and recognizing you from a past stay and going out to buy you bagels demonstrates the level of service Cleopatra and her staff deliver on a regular basis. We are so happy you continue to choose our hotel during your visits to Brooklyn. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Best Western Arena soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is an excellent hotel. This was my second stay. I'm definitely coming back. Sevices, value, sleep quality cleaniness, location and the rooms were outstanding. The hotel is convenietly located near the subway and my friends in the Brooklyn area.

1  Thank Sandra Z
Rich M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Sandra Z,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us and fellow Tripadvisor reader with your honest feeback about your experiences. With Brooklyn providing you so many hotel options, Im delighted you gave us a second chance to provide you with a stay that was comfortable and enjoyable. Since our location to the subway and your friends is ideal, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Had to stay here for work. I was floored there was free parking ( but only a few spaces). Rooms were nice, free breakfast, very simple but fine. Will definitely stay here again when going to SUNY Downstate. Descent restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Oceancat
Rich M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Oceancat,

Thank you for your awesome comments about your recent review of the Best Western Arena Hotel. We are close to SUNY Downstate so Im glad our location met your needs. Im delighted to hear that the rooms and breakfast were good and that you would consider staying with us in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back whenever business has you visiting the Brooklyn area.