“Superb service and great value!”

Best Western Plus Arena Hotel
Ranked #18 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Superb service and great value!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

First, Shantile was really most helpful and went above and beyond to make our stay most pleasant. Now this hotel is close to the subway, very affordable, offers free WIFI and a delicious Continental breakfast. Parking is limited and could become a problem it the small lot in the back is full. I stayed with my wife for two nights and definitely felt very welcome from the staff. Great job!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Rich M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Steven A,

Thank you very much for your glowing review of your stay at the Best Western Arena Hotel. I appreciate your recognizing Shantile as someone who went above and beyond to make your stay pleasant. We are happy she is part of our team. As a senior contributor with reviews in 21 cities you have a keen eye for value especially when you include free breakfast, wifi and parking in the price. Yes parking is our achilles heel because we do not have enough for every guest, it does present a challenge. Most importantly I glad we made you feel welcomed.
I hope you consider staying with us on future trips to the Brooklyn area.

Richard J Murphy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
Ft Lauderdlae, Fl
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel 7/21 thru7/24/14. The rooms are clean and hotel environment very quite. You need to be alert when outside of the hotel. Some of the surrounding areas are a bit rough but during the day we felt safe walking to the train. They serve a decent breakfast: fresh fruit, juice, coffee, pancakes, yogurt, cereal ... You get the idea. The staff was wonderful. They assisted us with directions and transportation. A special shout out to Cleopatra, Karishma, Jesus , Shantile, and Venetta. I would return just based on the service we received from the staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pioneer13
Dear Pioneer13,

Thank you for your glowing review of your stay at the Best Western Arena Hotel. Your comments
"A special shout out to Cleopatra, Karisma, Jesus , Shantile, and Venetta. I would return just based on the service we received from the staff" is the best compliment I could receive. Our staff truly are the heart and soul of this hotel and Im glad they made a difference during your visit.
We hope you do come back based on our service, It would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Kemblesville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I booked my husband here when he went to visit our daughter for a quick overnight.
Apparently he slept the best he has in a long time. The room was clean and comfortable, the hotel in general, very nice, even though the location was a bit strange. The hotel is newer and in a neighborhood in Brooklyn surrounded by factory and garage type buildings where you wouldn't expect to find a hotel.

Everything about his stay was nice except when he went to get breakfast in the morning, there was nothing but two English muffins left in the bin and a few pieces of fruit. Apparently the woman whose job it was to replenish the food was engaged in some kind of enthralling conversation with another woman that left her unable to do her job. While holding said conversation, she couldn't stop playing with the pats of butter meant for the food. She was just standing there the entire time my husband was waiting to see if she was going to put any more food out (around 9:30 am. Breakfast was supposed to be until 10) stacking and unstacking pats of butter and talking to her friend. While waiting, he realized that he forgot his phone in the room and went to retrieve it in the hopes that he might find the food restocked on his return. What he found instead, at 9:55, were locked doors to the breakfast room.

Room Tip: Don't plan on getting the breakfast you paid for.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Rich M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Artsygirl,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Best Western Arena Hotel. Your review is kind of a tale of two hotels. It seems like the quality of sleep and overall comfort was high since he slept in late which are all positives. Then the breakfast experience was the last thing he experienced before checking out and left a bad impression with him. Our baked goods are ordered and delivered daily so our guests can have the freshest products each morning. At times we can run short of items especially close to the 10:00am closing time. I would expected my staff to greet you and let you know what the situation was but as you pointed out was too busy stacking butter. I would appreciate if you would email me directly at gm@arenahotelnyc.com and let me know what day of the week this was.

If you would be willing to give us a second chance is providing you with a more hospitable stay, free to contact me for assistance and I will ensure a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We found this place on the internet, and booked it since it was close to where our son lives in Brooklyn.
The place was clean and modern, with great service. The neighborhood looks rough, but we felt safe walking at night to catch a train (about two blocks away).
The highlight was the staff, all of whom were friendly and accommodating. The night we checked in, we arrived weary and late, and the girl working (Liana) offered us water and snacks from the breakfast room.
We stayed 4 nights, and I will definitely book there again on my next trip to NY!

Room Tip: We were told to request a room toward the back, since the Long Island RR runs past the hotel. We di...
1 Thank Julie S
Rich M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Julie S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Best Western Arena Hotel. We are delighted to read that you came across us on the internet and the hotel is located near your sons home in Brooklyn. Im even more pleased that Liana took the time to offer you something to eat after such a late arrival. I will be happy to share this with her and she will be grateful for your recognition of her caring service.

We are entering our fourth year of welcoming guests to Brooklyn and have recently installed new paving stone to our main hotel entry and LED blue up lighting to enhance our curb appeal. We hope all guests including you Julie S when you return like the new look and consider us your home away from home during your visits to Brooklyn.

Once again thank you for your review and for choosing the Best Western Arena Hotel.

Buffalo, NY area
Reviewed 13 August 2014

It's not easy to find a reasonably priced hotel in Brooklyn, but we did! We were visiting our son for a few days so needed something semi close to him. The staff is extremely professional and friendly! We've been in other hotels where the staff treats you like you're a bother to them. Upon check in the young lady actually had a shower nozzle to show us how to work it! I would not have known if she hadn't shown me. Can not say enough about the staff. The room was a very comfortable size by NYC standards and very clean. The bed was comfortable. Fridge and microwave with a flat screen TV. The bathroom was again larger than expected and very clean. I felt like we were the only ones in the hotel. I couldn't hear any outside noise. The included breakfast was your typical breakfast fare with no complaints. The only caveat is parking. But that's how it is in NYC area. The hotel has about eight spots behind it. Good luck getting one. They do offer a garage around the corner, $9 for 12 hours. We found a spot on the next block in front of some brownstones at 9:00pm.... so don't let the parking deter you.... you'll figure it out. I highly recommend this place..... wait a minute forget all I said.... there might not be a room available when I need one!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Rich M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear vlcnmom,

Thank you so much for your detailed report about your stay at the Best Western Arena Hotel. As a senior reviewer fellow readers can expect an honest recap of your visit. We are delighted you found us to be a bargin. Especially with all the little extras like friendly service, decent sized bathroom and quiet accommodations. I assure you we were near 100% occupancy during your stay so it is rewarding to know noise was not a factor.
I see you were visiting your son who lives in Brooklyn and we would love for you to consider us your home away from home during your visits with him. Our limited parking is certainly a challenge during summer months yet you found the parking garage or street parking viable options.

Thank you again for choosing the Best Western Arena Hotel.

Cortland, New York, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed at the Best Western Plus Arena Hotel in Brooklyn in early August. This hotel was a nice surprse. Unlike many hotels in the area, the lobby is actually very nice and the staff were very welcoming. Amy was very helpful with locating restaurants and accomodating my questions.

The room was nice sized for Brooklyn and I didn't feel cramped like I have in other hotels in the area. There was a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker in my room, so I was able to keep my items stored during my trip. Don't be intimidated by the neighborhood - it's actually close to lots of things and nice side streets to explore.

The only reason I did not give an excellent is that there is some construction going on and the front walkway is a bit tricky. Watch your step! All in all, I would be more than happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room to the back - it's quieter away from the street even though your view is the parking...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Rich M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arena Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Melissa T,

Thank you for your detailed review of your recent stay at the Best Western Arena. As a senior contributer on Tripadvisor fellow readers can rely on honest feedback about your experiences.
Upon reading yours I am glad we were a nice surprise when I came to our rooms and staff. Thank you for mentioning Amy as someone who helped you enjoy your stay.

I agree the neighborhood is not as bad as some reviewers describe. We are in the process of enhancing our hotels curb appeal by installing new paving stones in front of the hotel. Couple that with new LED lighting we recently installed once the project is completed the hotel will look beautiful both inside and out.

Portage, Michigan
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a nice place to stay and convenient to the A/C line subway or LIRR stops. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful, rooms have a double window so you do not hear the LIRR cars, the breakfast was great - we loved the pancake machine!! Coming from the midwest, my only issue is the parking but there are several spots within a block to pay. The garage given to us at the front desk was full when we arrived at 10:30 pm but we found an open lot on the corner of Bedford & Atlantic that was half the price and attendants friendly. There is also street parking on Pacific which starts the residential area, just south.

Our tip when traveling to/from the subway line, stay to the east side of the Nostrand-Atlantic crosswalk. Panhandlers live under the LIRR train station.

Dear Crew 480,

Thank you for your detailed review of your stay at the Best Western Arena Hotel. Im glad you found us to be a nice place to stay and convenient to public transportation. We agree the double window design does dramatically cut down on outside noise. Thank you for trying the pancake machine. Its a true modern marvel and way less messy that the waffle irons.

Parking will always be our achilles heel. We simply do not have enough space at the hotel, but we do have two other parking options close to the hotel. Im glad you were able to take advantage of one.

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Arena Hotel.