“Disappointing trip: average food”
Review of Fatty Cue - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bedford
Transit: J/M/Z at Marcy, L at Bedford, G at Metropolitan
Plainview, New York
“Disappointing trip: average food”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I heard so much hype about this place that we shot out from Long Island to Brookyln. Unfortunately, the food was only average. Some plates were great, others big misses. The atmosphere was cool, but that did not make up for a very raw chicken dish and repetitive flavors among some of the specials. The bill was very expensive for the food delivered to the table. I will give it another try, but so far "one strike."

• Visited February 2012

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nice atmosphere.”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The food was good but portions were small. I liked the atmosphere and would go back for that.

Visited April 2011
Tenafly, New Jersey
“Nice, but way too spicy for my taste.”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

You can see that owners are really trying, so that makes you feel good, good service, great drinks, but food was way to spicy for our taste (and we like a bit spicy). So, ask before you order.. Also, rabbit (signature dish) comes deep fried which is not specified on the menu..didn't like it. Pasta was excellent.

• Visited February 2012
Montreal
“Absolutely Impressed”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I went to the one in the West Village for my birthday.

To start with, everyone in the staff was very enthusiastic, positive, and knowledgeable... With our waitress's guidance, we chose a number of dishes to the middle, from all the four sections they have.

Everything, and I mean everything that came to our table had a unique, delicious taste to it... Some must-haves are the Apple Salad and the Roasted Carrots; the Buttermilk Pappardelle was also worth trying. I loved the smoked-pineapple juice.

The atmosphere was just as bit cool as the food was. Only problem was that it was way too loud when we entered, and the loud hip hop music added on top did not completely help it.

The pricing was reasonable for a restaurant of this caliber.

Overall, this place should definitely be checked out...

• Visited January 2012
Toronto ,Ontario
“Delicious with a great vibe”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

This review is based on the West Village location. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun eating out! The menu is based on BBQ/smoked techniques with global influences. This is good "stick to your ribs" type food that's big on flavour. The room is funky and the crowd is young, hip and fun. Also the bar prides itself on it's cocktails, and rightly so, as they are delicious and different. This is a great place to meet friends and just have a good time. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2011