“Nice new hotel and great staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn
Ranked #19 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Brooklyn, New York
“Nice new hotel and great staff”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Checked in to this hotel because we needed to evacuate our apartment due to Hurricane Irene. Was immediately given a room even though we had arrived several hours before our check in time. The room was very nice: the hotel was new, so the room was clean and modern. It was on the small side, but that was just fine for us. The wireless internet was fast and free. Also, I want to mention Amanda in particular, as she was extremely accommodating and helpful during our stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Finnish first
New Jersey
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We stayed one night at this very new hotel. The hotel is wonderfully appointed with a modern decor. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable - plus quiet. We found the staff to be friendly and always helpful about getting to understand the hotel and the area. The hotel is 4-5 block walk to subway station, 2-3 blocks to restaurants and shopping. This is a great place to stay if you are going to Brooklyn. Hotel provides complimentary breakfast but there is no restaurant on premises for lunch or dinner.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BGMNJ
Albany, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We stayed at the hotel on business. We had to be in downtown Brooklyn, so the location was pretty good. The Hotel is not in the best of neighborhoods, and would not recommend walking out at night. The worker at the hotel when we asked if there were any places to eat around directed us to the menus at the front desk to have something delivered.

We ended up going out to Junior's which was great and pretty close by.

Overall the room was pretty small. We had 2 beds, and was situated on the rounded end of the hotel. It was very clean. The only issue was the lights to light up the side of the hotel also lit up our room despite the shades.

Overall for the price, it was very reasonable compared to other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: X02, X04 rooms on corner with colorful lights...Would stay away
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank bmckim
St. Louis
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed here for a grand opening price of $170/night...Hotel just opened mid-July...We had won Regis and Kelly tix and didn't not want to pay city hotel prices. The hotel was nice..Room was nice - a little on the small side, but clean and new. Big walk-in shower with no tub. There are two train stations nearby. It was about 30 minutes out of the city; however, we liked the fact that it was new. Try Grimaldi's pizza in Brooklyn...line to get in but well worth the wait!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LovetotravelSt.Louis
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Loved everything about this place. The location is a little sketchy,but manageable. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
buffalo, ny
Reviewed 4 August 2011

stayed three nights while visiting our son in brooklyn. a few minor glitches since it has only been open three weeks but the staff was very attentive and helpful. added bonus of free breakfast and a rooftop "lounge" with a fantastic view. we will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
SS
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Having not been to NY in many years, and Brooklyn in particular, I didn't know a renaissance was taking place. I was looking for hotels under $200 a night in Manhattan but struck out. Fairfield Inn & Suites in Brooklyn, however, came up as an option. Based on amenities provided and quick access to the subway, I booked a stay. I used the link on the site to view nearby attractions and decided that I would go to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. The hotel was not difficult to find once I figured out how to navigate the NY subway system. Being a block off of 4th Avenue which has many restuarant and an organic market and between 2 subway stops, this location worked out quite well. I arrived on one of the hottest days ever recorded but once inside the doors, it was a very cool oasis. The room was very nicely appointed. In fact, I wouldn't mind redoing my bathroom to match theirs. After rehydrating, I went to the front desk to ask for assistance in getting into Manhattan and to the Botanic Garden. I can't recall if her name was Vijai or Visai but she was extremely helpful in providing detailed directions as well as a map of local amenties that I wanted to see. Based on directions provided, I decided to walk to the Botanic Garden. I saw many beautiful brownstones along with several monuments along the way. An added bonus was the farmer's market taking place near the Eastern Parkway and the proximity of the Brooklyn Public Library and the Brooklyn Museum.

The layout of the hotel lobby, business area and rooms was nice, nothing frou-frou or fussy. Decor had a modern feel. I was especially impressed that the hotel had not one but at least 3 rooms that were ADA compliant on several floors.

Each day I went out in the hot blazing sun, I was ever so grateful to return to my cool room and know that I could stop off at the organic market for a snack before heading back to hotel. While I would've preferred a Manhattan location for my visit, I truly enjoyed and appreciated my stay at Fairfield Inn & Suite in Brooklyn.

Susan Julien
Silver Spring, MD

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank benlanie
, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn, responded to this review, 2 January 2017
benlanie-We are so pleased we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to forward the message to Vijay as she is extremely helpful.
We can't wait to see you again.

-Elexi M. Guest Relations Manager