“Nice hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn
Ranked #20 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel in an awful location. Staff are helpful, rooms are clean and the breakfast is ok. It is a lot of money for a hotel in the projects. I don't think I would stay there again if I am honest but if you need access to the Barclays centre it's close.

• Stayed: May 2014
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Brooklyn

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed in the hotel in May of 2014. Great experience. Personnel is excellent. I was served by Elexi McFaire- she was very accommodating and nice- she was very helpful in finding alternative accommodation. The hotel is spotless- clean and comfortable. great location. Breathtaking view from the rooftop.
Highly recommend to everybody!

Room Tip: Great breakfast. Excellent staff
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Fairfield on May 28th for one night. The staff here could not have been more accomadating. Vijay at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The lobby is bright and inviting. The lower level has a business center, fitness area and breakfast lounge. The breakfast in the morning was surprisingly expansive. The room was clean and quiet. This was my second visit to this hotel, and I knew the location was ideal for seeing family in Brooklyn and for sightseeing in Manhattan.
I came into the city for my son's graduation from Brooklyn College. At the last minute, because of his health my husband had to cancel, so I decided to try to shorten my trip. It was at that time I discovered that I had made the mistake of booking through a third party. My three day trip had been prepaid and I was not able to modify the reservation. Just a warning to others to be very careful in your searches. I thought I was dealing directly with the hotel, but found out too late that I had booked through an international company who was very unwilling to make any changes.
Manager Anthony really came through for me. He was able to split up my reservation, so that I can use the two prepaid days for a return visit in June. It is the extra effort and superior customer service that will keep me coming back to this hotel.
Thank you again Anthony, see you next month.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank SheilaErie
Reviewed 30 May 2014

GREAT staff (especually Vijay, Anthony, Carmen, Maico, and others) are friendly efficient and seem to care about doing a great job. Rooms clean, well apportioned, and about as large as you get in the NYC area. About 1.5 mile nice walk to Brookyn Hieghts and DUMBO, and the same from the Brooklyn museum, botanical gardens, etc. Nice roof patio with excellent view too. Some city noise in early morning, but is about the same or less than other hotels in the city. Actually fairly kicked back compared to staying in Manhatten proper. Lots of tourists from all over Europe and Asia blowing throw in the spring and summer make elevator rides and breakfast fun. Stayed at thi shotel for 39 days so far in 2014 with several of those stays being 10 days and over. Staff always tried to be accomodating. Example is placing me at secluded end of a wing.

Room Tip: 5th floor has ice machine in the middle (maybe every other floor too) DON'T get a roon in the mi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Friendly front desk. Had room with good view of New York City
Room was clean! Room was small. We were gone most of day so it was ok. Decent free breakfast. Get down early for best selection. Outside noise can be heard in morning. Night was fine. This hotel represents the Marriott brand very well.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel with my young family. The hotel was in a very safe location and was maybe 10 minutes to the Barclay MTA station - which connects to just about every line that serves Manhattan.

The room was small but clean, and the staff was extremely friendly to the kids. With free parking and free breakfast, I would highly recommend this place to families out there that are looking for an inexpensive location and easy entry to NYC. We are definitely staying there again.

Room Tip: We stayed up a little higher, but it's a fairly quiet location
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe M
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Booked a room through Hotels Tonight and got a great price. Check in was easy, quick and the staff was very friendly. Hotel was clean, crisp and with a hip feel. Free parking and breakfast in the morning a bonus. Well suited location as Brooklyn becomes more trendy.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends