“Great hotel in brooklyn”

Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #16 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chandigarh, India
“Great hotel in brooklyn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

The hotel is conveniently located on the subway, and the room was beautiful and super clean. The breakfast was great and well-stocked but sitting area is small. Nice view of New York skyline from our room.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors and toward New york side are quieter and has great view
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank simsra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Eddystone, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night on October first. We have never been to Brooklyn and had no idea what to expect. 1. In a normal neighborhood. Didn't feel unsafe. 2. Subway is literally at the corner! Awesome to not have to worry about hiking it. 3. The hotel was beyond our expectations. It was new, clean, comfy bed, nice flat screen, nice bathroom- just amazing overall. I've stayed in both the best and worse hotels on the east coast and this was very close to topping even the highest quality hotels I've been to before. 4. Our reservation wasn't saved by the person who booked us over the phone but the staff didn't worry us at all and even gave us the key right then and there which I wasn't expecting given it was 11 and check in isn't until 3. 5. Dunkin donuts across the street! Nice to grab an erly or late snack and/or coffee right across the street. 6. If your a tourist there are a bunch of coupons for different stores and entertainment at the front desk. 7. You can not beat the parking!! It was 18 bucks for 24 hrs and they were not pushy about being out on time I asked if we could pay to stay a few extra hours and he said as long as it was gone that night it was no problem! Granted it was a Monday in October so not the busiest time of year or week but it was amazing to not worry about it. Every time I've been to NYC I've paid like 90 bucks to park and my car has scratches and I have to empty everything so the Parker's don't rob me!
We will definitely stay here again for our next NYC trip even if we don't need to be in Brooklyn it was soooo worth it!

Room Tip: The room we had wasn't huge and the bed took up most of the space but was not a problem at all f...
Zwijndrecht, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

try as an alternative stay the hotel listed below outside manhattan
BEST WESTERN Plus Prospect Park Hotel in Brooklyn :

easily accessible near a subway station on a major boulevard
very good accomodation
fantastic helpful and friendly staff
a very moderated breakfast buffet

There are several local shops nearby

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

After reading most of the reviews of this establishment, I am as equally impressed with the Best Western Prospect Park in terms of comfort, service and value. As travelers from Australia, finding a suitable location on a budget (NY is so expensive) was a difficult task yet this place offers pretty much everything. The subway to Manhattan is literally at the doorstep, the service is exceptional, and the rooms modern and comfortable. The included breakfast is quite decent as well, offering more than enough to get the day started. I will certainly be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Brad V
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

We arrived to this hotel at 2 p.m., but they wouldn't check us in. We were declared "pre-paid room" holders (on Expedia.com) and so told we would have to wait until the 3 p.m. check-in. The front desk clerk refused to crack a smile as if it was against her job description. Our bags were held while we went to lunch. When I asked for directions, the front desk clerk told me that they had "free wi-fi" and I could check that way. But as she wouldn't check me in, I had not been provided an access code.

The hotel room, as has been reported, was small. But it was the breakfast room that was not only small but required patience. The woman stocking the breakfast food physically pushed me--pushed me--to move me out the way. She didn't say excuse me or even acknowledge my existence. She simply took her hand, placed it on my back with a shove, and put more eggs in the food warmer. But the flow of the room required repeated bumping into other guests, and they need to study how to better set up an arrange this space.

The hotel is on the "R" line of the subway. It is convenient in that regard, but it takes 20-30 minutes to get into Manhattan.

On a separate note: two other gentlemen were trying to check-in while we did. However, they only had USD and the hotel refused to check them in. I genuinely do not know the details, but as they had cash to pay for their hotel, including a deposit, I remain baffled as to why they could not check-in. Since when did American businesses stop refusing American currency?

3 Thank Throbbert
Fresno, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

We/re in the middle of our stay and I'm already inclined to point out a few things about the BW Plus Prospect Park in Brooklyn, NY.

First, the good -- it's New York, NY, so you're going to pay more for any hotel. We're paying about $200 per night with taxes. That's not bad compared to a Manhattan hotel. It's a single subway train ride away from Manhattan (about 30-45 minutes) and the 25th St. "R:" line is right below the hotel, so that's very convenient. The hotel is obviously newer and in great general condition. I'm not exactly sure why they call it a Best Western "Plus" but I suspect it's because it has a better than normal breakfast. Overall, the staff have been friendly, the beds are comfortable, the gym is great (5 machines available 24/7, 2 saunas), and most things work correctly. (Rooms run small, but again, this is New York.)

Now, the not so good -- that better than normal breakfast is served in a room the size of one hotel room. All the customers flock to that one little room every morning and get in each other's way. We've been kicked, stepped on, and spilled food on. But, it's not the customers' fault. The hotel staff are trying to fit 15-20 people in the room the size of on hotel bedroom. They need to do something with the overflow, like bring a few tables to the lobby area.

Secondly, we've had a minor problem with our TV since we've checked in. The sound will not work on two channels. Not a big deal, but one channel is a "watch every night" channel for us. We've contacted hotel staff about this and been told that it is a problem with the TV provider. I guess every TV in the building has not sound on these two channels. It took the staff three days to find this out and they never did leave me a message about it. Instead, I have to keep calling downstairs every evening to get updates.

Finally, the hotel brochure says "guest laundry is available." This was important to us. We're going to be here five days, then on a cruise. We want to clean our clothes before the cruise. Well, I went looking for the guest laundry. Couldn't find it. The front desk clerk explained that it is a block away and across the street. I don't think my idea of "guest laundry is available." is the same as this hotel's management.

Oh, and one more thing, the pictures for this hotel show a good view of the Statue of Liberty. Apparently, only two hotel rooms have that view. Don't expect to get the Statue view.

None of these things are so bad that I'd give it a poor rating. But I'm finding that our vacation is not as fun and trouble free as I had thought it would be. I may post an update upon checkout. Thanks for reading.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the Statue of Liberty view. If you can get one, celebrate the victory.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family