“Excellent place in Brooklyn”

Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #16 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent place in Brooklyn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

New and nice hotel. I've stayed in many hotels in Brooklyn and was very happy when they opened a new one. The room was clean. It was small, but for one person for business trip it was excellent, especially they have a free parking. For Brooklyn it's very nice and convenient place to be.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sale, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

I booked several months ago, for eight nights and was to check out on 31 October but after hurricane sandy, due to flight being cancelled, I was able to extend my stay till I could secure a seat on flight back to Australia via Dubai. Great room, with a view of New York. Staff friendly and helpful, breakfast staff ensured food supplies replenished. I would certainly stay here again when I return to New York to finish sight seeing interrupted by hurricane sandy. Subway close by is a bonus.

Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Charlie A, General Manager at Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
Dear Brenda,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor about our property.
I am pleased that we were able to accommodate you with an extended stay until you were able to make new arraignments for your return home. It was a tough time for us with Hurricane Sandy, and we worked hard to ensure our guests were safe and secure during the storm.
I hope you are able to return soon to finish you’re your sightseeing, and enjoy everything that New York City has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again!

Regards,

Charlie Alfano
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

Came to Brooklyn on 10-22-12 for a 7 day stay to visit my son. Room was great, comfy bed, flat screen TV, and a tub! View of the Verrazano-Narrows bridge and Statue of Liberty on a clear day. The subway station was right on the corner, with an excellent deli across the street. Well, hurricane Sandy came to town the night I was due to check out, and needless to say I was stressed out. The hotel handled the emergency situation in a very professional way. When the storm hit they instructed everyone to keep out of the elevators and remain in their rooms, which was great advice since the winds outside were treacherous. The new construction held up beautifully and I was never worried about my safety. The next few days when we were all trapped and worried, the staff remained extremely professional in meeting our needs. I stayed an additional 5 days while trying to arrange a flight home and transportation to the airport. The staff went above and beyond during this time, even offering to drop me off at the airport when passing nearby. Even though they were going through this whole experience with their own homes and families to deal with, they put us first.

Room Tip: Don't pick the bottom floor unless you like to keep your shades shut. It's on street level...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Chandigarh, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

The hotel is conveniently located on the subway, and the room was beautiful and super clean. The breakfast was great and well-stocked but sitting area is small. Nice view of New York skyline from our room.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors and toward New york side are quieter and has great view
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank simsra
Eddystone, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night on October first. We have never been to Brooklyn and had no idea what to expect. 1. In a normal neighborhood. Didn't feel unsafe. 2. Subway is literally at the corner! Awesome to not have to worry about hiking it. 3. The hotel was beyond our expectations. It was new, clean, comfy bed, nice flat screen, nice bathroom- just amazing overall. I've stayed in both the best and worse hotels on the east coast and this was very close to topping even the highest quality hotels I've been to before. 4. Our reservation wasn't saved by the person who booked us over the phone but the staff didn't worry us at all and even gave us the key right then and there which I wasn't expecting given it was 11 and check in isn't until 3. 5. Dunkin donuts across the street! Nice to grab an erly or late snack and/or coffee right across the street. 6. If your a tourist there are a bunch of coupons for different stores and entertainment at the front desk. 7. You can not beat the parking!! It was 18 bucks for 24 hrs and they were not pushy about being out on time I asked if we could pay to stay a few extra hours and he said as long as it was gone that night it was no problem! Granted it was a Monday in October so not the busiest time of year or week but it was amazing to not worry about it. Every time I've been to NYC I've paid like 90 bucks to park and my car has scratches and I have to empty everything so the Parker's don't rob me!
We will definitely stay here again for our next NYC trip even if we don't need to be in Brooklyn it was soooo worth it!

Room Tip: The room we had wasn't huge and the bed took up most of the space but was not a problem at all f...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Zwijndrecht, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

try as an alternative stay the hotel listed below outside manhattan
BEST WESTERN Plus Prospect Park Hotel in Brooklyn :

easily accessible near a subway station on a major boulevard
very good accomodation
fantastic helpful and friendly staff
a very moderated breakfast buffet

There are several local shops nearby

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends