“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Martins Ferry, Ohio
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel at least a dozen times and really like it. It's convenient to pretty much anything in New York. The R line is just outside the hotel. The beds are comfortable, you get the usual toiletries and the breakfast is good. I have never had any problems here, but I'm sorry more people are discovering this hotel as the prices have gone up since I first stayed here which is natural. Still a bargain compared to hotels in Manhattan. I'll be here again in October.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Peter R, General Manager at Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear stitchinglady,

First let me say Thank you for being so loyal to our Hotel and we welcome you back each and every time.

We are so glad that you do enjoy yourself each time. We do pride ourselves in providing outstanding customer service and yes it is truly starting to show!

As far as pricing I try very hard to be as competitive as possible and still try to even do better. I am glad you are a loyal customer and we will continue to see you in the future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed at the Best Western Plus Prospect Park from August 28th-Sept.4th and I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The rooms are a bit small, but very clean. The service of the front desk staff Collin and Janessa was great, As they were very friendly And also very accommodating. The location is great as its 3 stops on the subway from Barclays Center and Atlantic shopping plaza. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any one going to NY who is looking for an affordable hotel that offers free continental breakfast and wifi.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Sherryfirstlady
Dear Sherryfirstlady,

Thank you for the kind words. Our location is still kind of a secret, we may not be the closest Hotel to the Barclay Center but I feel we are the most convenient as you stated.

We are so glad you did enjoy your stay and find everything to your satisfaction. I will pass along the comments to Colin and Janessa!
Ecuador
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Very clean, rooms small, but where are they not in NYC? Staff was friendly. The breakfast is not the best but you will be able to find something to eat. As a family we were not there much as we were there to see the sights outside the hotel. Easy access to the subway and grocery store right next door were perfect for us.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peter R, General Manager at Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear AnythingsFeazable,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay while visiting NYC.

We have been expanding our breakfast and have added hot foods to our line up. We are however happy to hear your enjoyed your stay and that you did take advantage or travelling around.

The Subway as mentioned right outside does truly make the difference when deciding to stay outside of Manhattan itself. The grocery store right next door is a true amenity that our guests enjoy, no need to search and pay high prices just because of location or lack there of, this is the advantage of being situated in a residential neighborhood.

Thank you for all the kind words and we hope that we are your hotel of choice on your next visit to Brooklyn!
Fontana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I love this hotel. The room was small but cozy. I had a queen size bed that fit perfectly in the room. I was on the 10th floor and had a view of Manhattan. The bathroom extras were more than I expected. I was given shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion. That's more than I've received at top brand hotels. Breakfast was great. Waffles, eggs, meat, bread, cereal, yogurt, fruit, and coffee and juices were provided. The eating area was a little small, but that's expected in NY. This hotel was 10 feet away from the R train on the subway line. That was convenient for me, as it was my first time visiting the city. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Brooklyn.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Dear Robyn B,

We are so happy we made your visit to Brooklyn an enjoyable and memorable one!

The NYC Subway "R" Line right outside our door is a true asset. No need to take a bus or walk more than as you said 10 feet away and in less than 45 minutes you are in Midtown Manhattan or any of the other 4 boroughs for that matter.

We love to see that our hotel, amenities and staff made your first trip a great one as mentioned before.

We are so very happy that you had an absolutely great experience and we are looking forward to your return trip!
Norridge, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I'd been looking for a non-Manhattan, affordable option & decided to give Brooklyn a try. I'm a BW rewards member, so that chain was on top of my list. When I realized how convenient it was to the places I needed to see, I was definitely leaning towards picking this place. Then I read the reviews. Multiple sites mentioned the exemplary customer service of Anthony & Jose. Well, they're right! Anthony checked me in, and upon hearing it was my first visit to Brooklyn, upgraded me from a queen to king room. He also gave me great tips on dining & entertainment in the neighborhood, plus there was a Time Out New York in my room, so I was all set!

The mood at this hotel is a happy one. Fellow guests voluntarily speak with one another. In the big city! Shocking! ;) I was able to meet Jose at checkout & he and his coworkers were kind, funny, professional & courteous. I'm happy to give them a 5 star review, as I would not hesitate to return. It's a newer building & a great find. My only wish would be if the fitness center was a bit bigger, BUT if it was, I might have missed a fantastic run in Prospect Park!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Dear doctork9,

Anthony and Jose, well a good team one checks you in the other checks you out...strategic planning or just the right mix, I say both.

Here at the BW Prospect Park all entire staff is empowered with knowledge and courtesy to assist in every guests needs. We try hard to ensure that our entire front desk spends quality time with all of our guests, that is what makes us different from the rest....We all enjoy what we do, it is not just a job here...

Our fitness center is a little on the small side, but as you mentioned why run in a room when you have Prospect Park and runners trails etc. On your next visit, Colin, Janessa, Linda, Carlos, Wilfredo, Chris as well as Jose and Anthony will do their best to always accommodate!

Thank you for all kind comments and finding your home away from home here in Brooklyn!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel is close to the subway station. It is in a convenient location in Brooklyn. The parking is easy to find on the street if you don't want to pay hotel parking of $18/night. Cheaper than staying in Manhattan. I would definitely stay here again. The hotel is very clean and free continental breakfast is great.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear cyb7280,

As I always do, let me say Thank you for the kind words and that we did meet all of your expectations.

We strive for excellence each and every day and we appreciate all of our guests. Yes the neighborhood is safe and secure and after 5pm usually you can find parking so there are benefits but as you stated the parking at the Hotel has its conveniences as well.

Thank you again and truly look forward to seeing you again.
dallas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

My family and I stayed here during my sister's wedding. We were looking for something affordable but nice and most importantly clean. Best western in prospect fit the bill. The staff is one of the best I've encountered. I've stayed at ritzy places and none of them are as friendly and helpful as this staff. The rooms are small but the make excellent use of the space. I would highly recommend this hotel. And it's right next to the Subway!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Peter R, General Manager at Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Joyes A,

Please congratulate your sister from all of us at the Best Western Plus Prospect Park!!!

We wish them many years of happiness!!

As with everyone we take great pride in providing outstanding customer service, something as you stated seems to have been lost over the years in the Hospitality Business.

We ensure that every guest feel at home, this is not just a quote, it is fact, I am pleased to see that my entire staff has delivered!

We hope that when you return to Brooklyn we can continue to deliver that feeling of home and caring attitude for you, your family and all your friends. Thank you!