“Better than expected given the location”

Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Better than expected given the location”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Had never been to this area of Brooklyn before, but the found this hotel much better than expected. Friendly and accommodating staff on site, which is key. The hotel has some restaurants around it, but the best ones are via subway or taxi--which the staff would be happy to call ahead for one if needed. In the immediate area is a supermarket, Dunkin Donuts, and several Deli's for any quick food items you made need, although the hotel does offer a Continental breakfast! If you have any qualms about Best Western quality, I assure you that this place is a good value and right off the D or R train.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MissHeartcore
Peter R, General Manager at Brooklyn Way Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear MissHeartcore,

Well as mentioned on the previous post, Better than Expected.....Yes we do play on words by saying we are the BEST at what we do....

Although our following is really seeing our attention to detail and our love for the business we strive daily to be better....

Watch out everyone the Best Western is making its mark in Guest Relations.... MissHeartcore, thank you for choosing us and we hope that your future bookings will be with us....We know that we can continue to exceed your expectations!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Who said you had to go to Disney World for great customer service.....
Im not a review writer but I had to take time out to write this one. Janessa and Chiel (I hope i spelled it right) make a super great team.
Great customer service is expected but not always provided. I decided to write this review because these two BestWestern employees went above and beyond to make sure my stay was a great one. In my line of work i travel a lot and a comfortable affordable stay is a blessing. Both Janessa and Chiel were awesome, Chiel made sure I had a room with a great view and was nice enough to tell me what street would provide the best picture of the statue of Liberty. Janessa is a gem, she gave me weather updates and help correct a billing issue that I had prior to check out. Chiel even suggested that I park in the lower garage so I wouldn't have to scrape ice off my car in the morning.
I have 5 more weeks with of work in New York, because of the customer service that has been provided at BW the next 5 weeks will be at BW...

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view of the city skyline...
Green Features: I can't say to much about the practices... I also opt out of room service while staying in hotels....
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank gil h
Dear gil h,

Better than Expected, this is what everyone seems to be saying about our Hotel.....

As you stated everyone expects wonderful guest relations or customer service yet saddened by not receiving it, the difference is that we provide before expectation, it begins from the moment you walk into our hotel.

The best part of being small is that we can take the time to provide each guest with our undivided attention and this has become our trade mark! So expect the unexpected when you stay with us, but on a good note LOL!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Chris and Linda were by far the nicest people I spoke to on my trip. They were kind understanding, knew what to do. And they did an amazing job overall. Hats off to you two. I strongly recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank jordasch
Dear jordasch,

Thanks for taking your valuable time and commenting on our hotel. Chris and Linda are great, the entire staff as mentioned on most of our reviews do in fact truly love what they do, this is what makes us different.

The idea of providing less than 100% Guest Satisfaction is not in our vocabulary....

Thank you again and hope to see you again in the future!!
WORCESTER
Reviewed 4 February 2014

All about the staff in this place! They were amazing! All commodoties were standard but it was the staff and their courtesy that won us over! Maribel - was a charm! There was a sense of unity and team work Sunday morning! Staff seemed so happy to be there and so willing to answer questions! Very easy to access and perfect central location to stay in Brooklyn.

Room Tip: avoid floors on c level... basement type.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear SHARON O,

Yes, what do we have that no other hotel has? A Great and engaged staff....

It does not take much to provide 5 star service and more than that, the staff enjoys what they do! It truly does show, so I am glad you had the opportunity to experience outstanding customer service first hand!!

We hope that on your return to Brooklyn you choose us for your stay!
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I cannot say a single negative comment about this hotel!

I stayed here with my partner and 14 year old son for 8 nights in December and I would happily go back and do the same again and fully intend to!

Rooms were fine, small but not for NY standards, had everything we needed. Beds were an OK size and very comfortable, extra pillows and blankets were provided as it was extremely cold while we were there.
The subway is just outside the door and took us to Manhattan in 10-15 minutes even when taking into consideration that the main R line was not in service due to maintenance so we could never go direct.
We loved the Atlantic Avenue area and some great bargains to be had and the Starbucks there has a great view and atmosphere and staff were lovely!

The local area may not be touristy or very appealing to the eye but the people were lovely and there's everything you need, Pizza places, dunkin donuts, subway and a launderette (not the one on same block!) but about 5 minutes down. There's a great supermarket next door that sells everything that you could need and a 99p store over the road that had very unique items!

Breakfast was free and as with lots of free breakfasts people moan, I'm really not sure what people expect for FREE! There was fruit, toast, bagels, pastries, muffins, waffles (fresh in waffle machine), eggs, bacon, sausage, jams, cereal, yogurts and fruit juice, water and teas and coffee - tea and coffee was free for the duration of the stay - not just breakfast.

The thing that completely makes this hotel is the staff - each and every one of them were just wonderful and made us very welcome. My son has Aspergers and is very funny about where we stay but he loved this place and the staff were lovely with him, even when he turned up for breakfast in his PJs and in bare feet!
The staff were great at answering questions about local places, subway routes and generally anything else. They organised a car to the airport that was excellent service, he arrived early and was happy to wait while we grabbed breakfast.

I really hope to be back here very soon and I won't look anywhere else if it is the same price!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mickeyp0507
Dear mickeyp0507,

What can I add to say Thank you for the very informative and wonderful comment and review!!!

To keep it so simple, Thank you from all of the staff of the Hotel, it is our pleasure to assist all of our guest! We love what we do and it does show, this being said I am proud to say thank you again and hope that you spread the word and choose us on your return to the U.S.

Safe travels! Happy Bookings!
memphis, United States
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The pounding on an adjacent door continued for 30-40 minutes at midnight on a Sunday. Eventually, the noise stopped after I complained to front desk and asked the guest to stop yelling/pounding myself. Staff was very friendly & helpful, especially Marilyn.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Suzette D,

So first thanks for all the kind words and was sadden to hear of some of the noise that you experienced, I am glad however that it was taken care of when you called down.

We do not tolerate loud or disruptive guests so I am glad that the staff did in fact attend to the issues promptly and professionally. We hope that on your next visit you continue to choose us for your stays!! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay overall!!
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Very happy with our stay here. The staff were excellent, rooms were very clean and the continental breakfast is more than adequate. Compared to other area hotels this definitely a great deal for the price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear PJMinCT,

We are happy to see that you were happy with your stay. Although you are technically our neighbor in Connecticut we hope that when you continue to visit Brooklyn you continue to choose us!

Stay warm, winter will end soon!