“Not Your Ordinary Meat Focused Restaurant”
Review of Prime Meats

Prime Meats
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime Meats is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #203 of 5,385 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American, German
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Vermont
“Not Your Ordinary Meat Focused Restaurant”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The name threw us off a bit as we thought this restaurant might be a tired old steak house. Instead we found a place that has a nice assortment of different meat and fish starters and entrees. Many of the meats are butchered, smoked and cured right on the premises for an amazingly fresh taste. There are several German items on the menu which I would put up against the best German food I've ever had, including in Munich. I have never had a more delicately flavored Wiesswurst in my life.

Visited February 2012

Portland, Oregon
“Great Surprise”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Our son lives in Red Hook Brooklyn and he insisted that we come over from Manhattan on our recent visit. I love German Food and do not have it often, it was wonderful. My son and husband both had beef and it was also very good. Well worth the trip from Midtown.

• Visited February 2012
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“meat and wine at its best...”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Very satisfying dinner from starters all the way to the desserts. Good wine, good service, meats cooked to perfection... If I have to there were two things to complain for the entire night: 1. Tables are too close to each other. I simply couldn't sit closer to the person sitting next table if we were at the same table. 2. The dining room was a little over-dimmed. It was pretty hard to read the menus and see your meal in detail. Everything was so delicious though, so I had to trust to my taste rather than my sight... Definitely recommended.

Annapolis, Maryland
“Meat Lovers Paradise with Great Neighborhood Vibe”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I don't know anyone who has been to Prime Meats and had a bad experience. And, if it's meat you're seeking, most seem to agree that the Cote Du Boeuf is the best in the city. Located in the cute Cobble Hill area of Brooklyn, Prime Meats exudes neighborhood charm. Upon entering you feel like you're in your neighborhood tavern except the food is awesome and the libations including wine list are quite good. For the non-red meat lovers, the raw oysters, beet salad and fish dishes are also excellent.

New Jersey
“Warmth and Ambience and Great Food!!!”
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Had lunch with son close to Christmas. We called but they do not take reservations; however, the young woman said we could get a table within 30 minutes. It took us about 15 minutes to find a parking spot and we were, indeed, given a table about 15 minutes after that around 1:00 p.m. We were lucky, alot of people came in after us and they were informed their wait would be 30-45 minutes.

They wanted to seat us at an undesirable table, kind of in the middle of a crowded room. I asked for another nearby and no problem. We had a lovely Asian waitress who was very accommodating and pleasant.

We ordered mushroom & herb spaetzle and kind of got that for an appetizer. Son had dated a gal whose father was German and we both thought this was maybe even better than his homemade spaetzle. Son got pork schnitzel, I got homemade sausage and both were wonderful and we shared each.

We didn't like the 3 dessert offerings so we both ordered cappucinno. Very good but we both thought it was odd that it was served in glass (think 'shot') glasses instead of ceramic cups or mugs.

Other than that, we enjoyed our afternoon very much.

The place was tastefully and elegantly festooned with greenery and simple red and green lights. Very nice.

Highly recommended for a family gathering but one would hope they'd take reservations for a larger group at least.