“Hidden gem!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 70 Hotels in Brooklyn
Limerick
“Hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed for 3 nights to sightsee, shop and wander about. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the condor hotel and wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to friends in the future. We mainly delt with Drew at front of house ( who kept us stocked up on fresh cookies and lemonade!) He was so friendly and approachable throughout our stay and is really good at his job. Met Mo the night before we left who was so lovely and friendly!
We stayed in a king room which was spotlessly clean and had a huge comfortable bed. The breakfast was delicious with a great variety. I enjoyed the freshly prepared fruit and yogurts each morning, my only regret was not trying out the waffle machine!!
The hotel is set in a Hasidic community which was a lovely experience. We were lucky enough to be there for Yom Kippur and by chance when walking home we saw Kapparot being carried out by huge crowds in the street. A local Hascidic man was delighted to be asked about it and happily explained the ritual to us.
Overall, a great stay. Friendly, clean and comfortable, what more can you ask for?!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank istayedhere2
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and for providing such detailed and valuable feedback! I know how busy our guests are and to see that you took the time out of your day to share your experience means a lot to us.

Drew and Mo are ecstatic to see that they made such a positive impact on your stay. We have the best front desk/concierge staff in NYC and I am glad you had such a positive experience. I always encourage guests to engage with them and ask them any questions they have about Brooklyn or NYC. They know EVERYTHING!! I am also glad to see that you enjoyed our signature fresh baked cookies and ice cold lemonade up at the front desk.

It sounds like you really enjoyed the king room you stayed in as well is the cleanliness and the plush bed. We recently upgraded our breakfast after getting some great ideas in person from guests while they were staying with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed it so much!

You came during a very unique time of the year as you mentioned. Things get real fun around here then. The cultural experience is what attracts so many people from all over the world to Williamsburg.

We can't wait to greet you again in the near future (very near hopefully!).

Be sure to book again directly for our best rates and promotions. You can do this by visiting our website at www.condorny.com or calling us directly at 718-526-6367.

Thanks again for such valuable feedback,

Condor Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Ottawa Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

We recently spent a few days and found the Condor a great place to stay. This a small, cozy and very comfortable spot. Reception was quick and efficient, with an offer to recommend places to visit or eat. We were on a ground floor room, with a little (secure) open area outside. There was also a very pleasant, well kept outdoor space for guests off the main lounge area. The rooms were comfortable, very clean, the bed very comfortable. We walked around the area of the hotel. We felt very safe and will stay at the Condor again. This is a hotel which really cares about their clients, and goes out of their way to make you comfortable!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OttawaCanadaSteve
Dear Steve,

Thank you so much for staying with us! We genuinely appreciate it and do not take your business for granted. I am so delighted to read that we met your expectations on your recent stay. My staff and I come into work every morning with one goal: to deliver a 5 star stay to our guests. It pleases me to see that you experienced this.

We can't wait to see you again! Be sure to book directly at www.condorny.com or by calling us at 718-526-6367 for our best rates and updated promotions.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

This hotel far exceeded my expectations. I never wanted to leave. Staff was very friendly and helpful, and the free breakfast every morning was a nice start to the day. Above all, it was quiet and I slept wonderfully, which is rare in NYC.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jlo665
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel on your recent visit to Brooklyn and NYC. My staff and I are very happy that you had such an enjoyable stay. We enjoyed having you!

Be sure to book direct at www.condorny.com or 718-526-6367 for our best rates and promotions.

Thanks again for such valuable feedback,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

I've traveled to NYC many times and staying at the Condor Hotel has been my most pleasant experience yet. The staff are friendly and accommodating and easily make the guests feel comfortable. A couple standouts are Andrew and John. John was very helpful over the phone when I initially made the reservation and was equally pleasant in person. Andrew was on top of things and assisted with every strange request that I had without batting an eye. He is very personable and professional. The decor of the hotel was modern and elegant without feeling stuffy. I was more than pleased with the condition of the room. It was very clean and smelled wonderful as soon as you opened the door. Not only was the room spacious but it had great amenities like the kitchenette (with mini-fridge and microwave), flat screen cable TV and my personal favorite: the balcony. They do offer a continental breakfast as well as cookies and lemonade in the afternoons which I thought was a nice touch. There is an outdoor garden area where you can sit outside and enjoy some fresh air and maybe have some lunch. The location is interesting. It is in a rather quiet neighborhood which is a pleasant change from the hustle and bustle of most of NYC but the drawback is that there isn't much in terms of shopping and restaurants in the immediate vicinity. I personally did not mind being a little removed from the normal hectic feel of NYC nor did I mind the walk to public transit. Of course the nice people at the front desk can assist with taxi service if you need it. Overall, I fell in love with the Condor Hotel and the staff and not only would I recommend this hotel to everyone, I've now found my go to home away from home in NYC.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JadeAllwaze
Hi Jade,

It was such a pleasure getting to know you during your stay. My staff and I are extremely happy that we were able to meet your expectations and deliver a 5 star stay. Andrew and John are particularly happy to see that they made such a positive impact. Our front desk is amazing and it means a lot to us to see such positive feedback.

We really appreciate you taking time out of your day to share your experience.

Be sure to book direct again for your next visit for our best rates and promotions.

All the best,

Curtis Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I enjoyed the hotel, the plush bed and all the necessary tools to enjoy my stay was perfectly pleasing. Having drivers to take me where ever I wanted to go, including Spa Castle was fabulous. I was leery about traveling to New York and being on my own but the Condor Hotel made the entire trip enjoyable, relaxing and exciting.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Kimberly,

I am so glad that your expectations were met and that we delivered on our 5 star commitment during your recent stay. It sounds like you benefited a lot from our car service. They are really great. The best part about them is that they are at our hotel within 3 minutes of our front desk calling them for you and they give our guests discounted (and honest!) pricing. Spa Castle sounds really relaxing! Our guests really love it there. Thanks again for sharing your experience with us and future guests. It's feedback like yours that really help us grow.

Be sure to book direct again at www.condorny.com/welcomeback or by calling us at 718-526-6367 for our best rates and most recent promotions!

Wentzville, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

John at the front desk was wonderful and very helpful with everything from fixing the TV to providing excellent dinner suggestions. The food in the morning was excellent and was included with the room.

Room Tip: Use a car service for all trips around town. Very centrally located, staff and owner was very helpfu...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear John,

John really appreciates your positive feedback. He and our front desk team work really hard to create a superb experience for our guests. I always encourage guests to get to know them. Our front desk and concierge staff knows every restaurant, bar and local attraction as well as transportation to make your trip a real winner!

Strongsville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is the ultimate 'Hidden Gem' of a cozy place to stay! You are in a quiet, safe neighborhood of Brooklyn, minutes away from Manhattan via the Manhattan bridge. Minutes away from Brighton Beach and other shore attractions. My whole family was attending a wedding over the labor day weekend! The ENTIRE staff went out of their way to accomodate everyone especially the children and infants. Ample parking! Very friendly and helpful staff! Breakfast was far superior to any other hotel. Everyone in our party raved about their stay at the Condor! Congratulations to the entire staff for having such a wonderful hotel! See you soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your family's wedding! We are so delighted that we could play such a pivotal role on this joyous occasion. Thank you so much for taking such valuable time from your day to share such detailed and honest feedback. We sure hope to see you again real soon!

Be sure to book direct again at www.condorny.com or by calling us at 718-526-6367 for our best rates and most recent promotions!