“Mediocre Stay”
Review of The Condor Hotel

The Condor Hotel
Ranked #23 of 74 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My friend and I booked a weekend stay at the Condor as part of a package deal. We were swayed by its #1 ranking for Brooklyn hotels. The hotel did not meet our expectations. We didn't feel very safe in the neighborhood and didn't find the hotel to be conveniently located to shops or transit. I would rank the hotel as a solid 3 star, the breakfast was pretty poor and the rooms weren't cleaned thoroughly. Intermittent WiFi service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank danannex
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Ms. Engle,

My staff and I are extremely grateful that you spent your weekend with us. I am unbelievably disappointed that your recent stay did not meet your expectations, as we try very hard to deliver the most memorable experiences. However I do appreciate our conversations this afternoon discussing your stay. I always encourage guests to bring up any issues they may have, during their stay (as opposed to after they leave) so we can fix it immediately and provide a perfect experience.

I would like to respond to each one of your important points individually:

1. Neighborhood- Although we can't control much about our neighborhood, guests from all over the world are flocking to Brooklyn and the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn in particular. This is because Williamsburg is one of the most dynamic and diverse neighborhoods in the entire NYC area. Our specific street and surrounding streets are known to be a very safe, tight knit, family community. As you can read in previous reviews, guests find our hotel and neighborhood to be very safe. Although for a visitor from outside of New York, I can completely understand why NYC can be viewed in a cautious way. You did mention that we are not located in the middle of a lot of shops and restaurants. You are absolutely right. We are situated in a neighborhood which gets very quiet at night. We do not have the loud nighttime traffic (foot and car) and rowdy bars on our street. However if you want an amazing selection of restaurants, bars, activities, site seeing etc. this starts from just half a block away. Our front desk staff knows everything about how to make your stay enjoyable in Williamsburg!

2. Breakfast- We have only gotten the most positive feedback about our breakfast. However we are always looking to improve. After looking at many other hotels we decided that we wanted to go one step above for a continental breakfast. Not only is our breakfast room 3-4 times the size of other hotels but we also offer what we have been told by guests to be a wider variety of foods than they typical see at a continental breakfast. I will await further details from you in e-mail as to what you feel we can do to improve our breakfast even more!

3. Housekeeping- I am shocked to hear that you did not feel your room was adequately cleaned during your stay. We have a full team of highly trained housekeepers who are very flexible in addressing guests' concerns. You did mention to me in e-mail that there was a meal that was NOT thrown out by the housekeeper who cleaned your room one day. We advise our housekeeping team that if they are unsure if something should be thrown away or not that it would be better to leave it not thrown out. We wouldn't want our guests to find a fresh meal thrown out if they in fact didn't finish their meal yet.

4. WiFi- We are proud to offer free high speed wireless Internet as well as a Data Port and a guest computer (with Internet access) for all of our guests during the duration of their stay. As you can read in many other reviews, we get very positive feedback on our WiFi speed. This is the first I am hearing of such a complaint (as we just upgraded our entire system to be even BETTER) so please accept my apologies. I am still awaiting your response via e-mail so I can determine if this is an isolated issue or not.

We value your honest and detailed feedback. This is how we grow and improve.

We all hope to see you again soon as we know you will have a better stay next time!

Looking forward to chatting with you further.

David Margolies

Write a ReviewReviews (1,015)

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Very clean, great service and comfortable bed. Will definitely go again. Staff was very accommodating in every aspect. I loved the modern appliances in the rooms and bathrooms. The hotel rep even greeted us with fresh chocolate chip cookies and keurig coffee.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Onmestilettos10,

I must jump straight to the Keurig comment. I bought this just 2 weeks ago so that our guests who come in from the cold can choose from 15 different flavors of hot, fresh coffee, hot chocolate and teas. I am personally glad that you enjoyed this free perk (along with our fresh baked cookies).

It sounds like our staff did a great job making you feel comfortable! Also, it sounds like you really appreciated our modern accommodations.

We are excited to see you again soon.

David Margolies

P.S. For UP TO 20% OFF and limited time only Trip Advisor PROMOTIONS be sure to book at The Condor Hotel website directly. All you need to do is search your dates on our site and the promotions will automatically show.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Midnight and at all fights cancelled out of JFK and as a result, all airport hotels booked. My wife remembered a mention of this hotel by a neighbor and she immediately called. A young man named Trevon answered and she said he was so very friendly, accommodating and helpful and she booked a room for me. I arrived and was pleasantly surprised by this Boutique Hotel in Brooklyn and Trevon's friendly demeanor. If you find yourself in the neighborhood, do drop in.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Visiting612,

I am sorry that your flight got canceled. However we are delighted to know that you found a comfortable place with us until the next flight out.

We hope to get the opportunity to see you again soon on better terms. Thank you for your detailed review.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Price and location great, Staff helpful. Spacious clean room. Just a few blocks from the subway. Lot's of neighborhood shops and eating places. Plus a continental breakfast. Probably going to be my "go-to" place when I'm in Brooklyn.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear jrlexjr,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking time out of your busy day to share your wonderful experience. It sounds like our hotel was a perfect fit for you, particularly the room rate, location, staff and complimentary continental breakfast. I am very proud to know that we can expect to see you in the future again!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed here for 5 days and it was great! The staff was very helpful and friendly (especially the lady and gentleman working on the night of Jan 21 whose names I unfortunately don't remember)but they were awesome helping us with car service during a snow storm and even offering a free snack from the vending machine while we waited. The only reason I did not give 5 stars is because we had some issues with the heater in the room and expected a bit more from the breakfast. The only eggs were cold and hard boiled and did not seem fresh. I know the brekfast was free, but with everything else being so great, it would be nice to have a hot breakfast with more options. Overall very good experience, would definitely recommend!

Stayed: January 2014

Dear rightnao,

I am delighted to hear about your positive experience with us. However I am disappointed to know that our complimentary continental breakfast was not as good as you would have liked. We get a lot of compliments on our breakfast so any more details you can share with me would be super helpful. Please reach out to me at 718-526-6367 or manager@condorny.com so we can learn from you!

However, it's nice to read all of your positive remarks about the rest of your stay!

David Margolies

P.S. For our BEST RATES and limited time only Trip Advisor PROMOTIONS be sure to book at The Condor Hotel website directly. All you need to do is search your dates on our site and the promotions will automatically show.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

This was a great hotel, contemporary atmosphere, and the staff was amazing.

They offered cookies upon check-in, and just made you feel welcomed.

I would recommend this hotel to all my friends who are looking for a hotel in the Brooklyn area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jason N,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our fresh backed cookies upon check-in! We also got a brand new Keurig machine with 15 different flavors. I'm sure you will find something in their that you will like.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

As an affordable premium hotel, The Condor beats the competition. It was apparent the front desk staff were there to create a supremely gratifying and highly memorable experience. I very much enjoyed every Condor moment. These moments either planned or spontaneous, make me feel special. :)

From a 'raving guest"

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sswayzzee,

Thank you for taking time to share your amazing experience with us. We are so proud to have been able to contribute toward your stay. I am so happy you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to your next trip.