“Modern, comfortable, clean, great servive” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Condor Hotel

The Condor Hotel
Ranked #6 of 70 Hotels in Brooklyn
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Modern, comfortable, clean, great servive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Service is excellent. I asked for help on several items and they were always helpful. We were automatically upgraded on arrival as a larger room was available. The room was very comfortable and also fairly quiet - not easy in the city.

1 Thank 3rdrocktraveller
David-CondorHotel, General Manager at The Condor Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hi 3rdrocktraveller,

I am happy to read that you felt our service was excellent. Hearing this from a seasoned traveler and reviewer makes all the difference. Sounds like you enjoyed the upgrade and the quiet nature of our hotel! :)

All the best,

David Margolies

P.S. For our BEST Rates and Exclusive TripAdvisor PROMOTIONS of up to 20% OFF Make sure to visit our Hotel's Website Directly!!

P.S.S. For all first time UBER users (definition: the coolest taxi app in NYC), you get $25 FREE on your first ride by entering the code CONDOR during sign-up. This is a great deal if you need to get to us from the airport or around NYC!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This has been my second stay at the Condor in as many years. I appreciate the quiet residential neighborhood, while at the same time being centrally located to Midtown and the surrounding burroughs.The staff is the real reason I come back though! The always generous Motanou, the erudite and friendly General Manager David, the excellent new addition, Tevon, and the familiar face of John are a welcome sight after a long journey. Furthermore, the facillities are clean, modern, and secure. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for the above mentioned criteria. I plan to stay here again; this Hotel is a hidden gem.

Room Tip: I clicked on the swimming pool by accident. There is not, in fact, a pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Asif F
Hi Asif,

It was really cool meeting you and getting to see some of your amazing artwork! What an inspiration. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Knowing that you had a great stay makes our hard work all the more worth it. John and Tevon are ecstatic to see their names mentioned. They are #CondorSuperstars.

Hopefully we won't have to wait another year to have you back!

All the best,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The Condor is a great place to stay the night. The room I stayed in was surprisingly spacious;it was clean cozy, and had nice tech. The staff is a prime example how to change a one night stay to a relationship. The first time I came into the condor Mo greeted me with a warm smile and had the answers to all my questions. Unfortunately my card didn't go through but she didn't make me feel bad about it at all. Which made want to try to come back. When I did come back Tevon was just as knowledgeable about the facilities. He helped me find the room that would work best for me that night. Adam took great care of me helping me with whatever I asked. I would suggest the Condor Hotel to anyone that want to stay in a Brooklyn hotel. Can't wait for my next stay.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank jaubstar
Hi jaubstar,

My staff and I are so please to know that you had such a wonderful experience. Mo, Tevon and Adam are particularly happy to see that they were able to have such a positive impact on you!

We can't wait for your next stay!

Karlsruhe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

A nice hotel in Brooklyn with modern enterieur and comfortable rooms. Staff is very friendly. I enjoyed the healthy breakfast (no ham/scrumbled eggs/sausages, etc. but fruits, vegetables,...).
Rooms are equipped with coffee machine, refrigerator and microwave.
Way to next Metro station is about 10 min walk. Ideal for visiting Manhattan.

1 Thank carper007
Hi carper007,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your wonderful 5 star experience with us. I am glad to know that you enjoyed our healthy continental breakfast. Since the last time you were here we added an assortment of coffees. Although I am not a coffee drinker I know how important coffee selection is to our guests. Between the coffee at the front desk, breakfast and in the rooms we must have over 10 different options!

We look forward to your next visit,

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I'm not a big reviewer, I have never been actually. I'm making an exception however due to the exceptional service and quality of hospitality offered by the Condor.
A delightful staff, an above par continental breakfast, and fresh baked cookies at the lobby everyday are the types of details one would expect these days. Not only does the condor shine in those regards, it sets a new benchmark on them. When I return to Brooklyn, I will not second guess myself. Save yourself the time an hassles of picking a hotel and book at the condor as well.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Andre,

Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback with us. Especially because you are not an avid reviewer, as you mentioned. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our attention to personal attention. This is what we strive for.

We are excited for your next visit!

Cheney, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

First of all, Motanou is the epitome of welcome graciousness. We checked in on a Thursday evening and got into room 307. All in all a very nice room. Lots of traffic noise from Franklin but you can sleep with the AC running. Good location for us with family in the area.

Two nights later our toilet quit working after a couple of starts and stops earlier in the day and we had to move to 207 around 9p.m. I had a bad feeling from the beginning as noisy pot smokers were on the balcony next door and lots of noise and door slamming ensued. This is a non-smoking hotel too. It was a rough night and around 1a.m. after warnings the kindly night manager evicted the unpleasant trouble makers.

We got back into 307 the next day and the following 2 nights were back to normal city noise and good sleeping. It would have been nice to have some comp for the move and bad night.

The good things:

The breakfast was really excellent for our tastes from good cold cereal to eggs, bagels, toast, fruit and vegetables.
The entire hotel staff is great as others have mentioned from the front desk, to breakfast and to the room servicing folks. They are helpful, warm and personable.
Keurig coffee and cookies by the front desk. Greatly appreciated! They also have REAL half and half for the coffee which is a must for me and I get irked at hotels that do not.
The car service is outstanding. Let Francisco A. know we appreciate his driving.
Free Wi-fi and nice computer to use in the lounge downstairs.
Daily Wall Street Journal, magazines and NY Times were in the lounge.

A few tips for the owners:
Get HD TV! The little TVs and blurry pictures could be improved upon. After walking the streets all day, we did want to watch a little television and relax in the evening.
Strictly enforce the no smoking rule. The last night we were there the hallways were smelling of cigar smoke.

Would I return to The Condor? Yes if I could book one of the higher rooms with a balcony.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor. It is worth it.
2 Thank franB479
Dear Fran,

Thank you so much for sharing such a detailed review with us. It looks like you had a wonderful stay with us aside from a few frustrating hiccups. I am glad to know though that we kicked into gear to handle all of the issues that you faced.

It would be nice to hear more about your stay. Would you mind reaching out to me at manager@condorny.com or 718-526-6367?

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

My sister and I stayed here for 8 nights whilst visiting New York. The staff in the hotel are really helpful and friendly and they managed to help us with whatever we needed be it subway directions , booking taxi's or recommending places to eat. As 2 girls travelling we wanted a place that felt safe and this area did feel safe at night. It is about a 8 min walk from the subway and is well lit at night. It is straightforward to get into Manahattan and a train away from the main shops/bars/restaurants in Williamsburg. The only slight drawback we had was that the hotel is not in the main area/ hustle and bustle of Williamsburg where our friends live, but this was easy to get to walk to in the sunshine (30mins walk) or a short taxi/train journey at night. The hotel was quiet throughout our stay. Breakfast was basic. Was an excellent stay overall.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a room not at the front of hotel as road is busy with traffic in the morning.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ave190
Dear Ave190,

We had such a blast with you during your trip from the U.K. I am so happy to know that you had a wonderful experience and enjoyed the quiet nature of our hotel. Your feedback means a lot to us. Thank you!

'Til next time,