“I love the Condor Hotel”
Review of The Condor Hotel

The Condor Hotel
Ranked #10 of 71 Hotels in Brooklyn
Williamsburg, Virginia
“I love the Condor Hotel”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My family and I loved this little Gem of a Hotel, The Decor is just beautiful! The breakfast was not only great, but the atmosphere in the dining area was awesome! We really enjoyed the laid back, quiet atmosphere! John and Tevon (I hope I spelled this right Tevon or Trevon..forgive my memory!) were extremely attentive to all of our needs! I loved the location, I parked in secure parking but honestly you can just park on the street and not worry about your vehicle at all! There is a wonderful patio outside that I just loved! I just can't say enough good about this Hotel and all the employees! I will be visiting again, That is a promise! Thank you all for such a pleasant experience for our first stay in Brooklyn!

Suzette Krzok

Room Tip: I booked a corner room, I loved it! Loved my Balcony!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Suzette K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
chicago,il
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Condor Hotel in Williamsburg for a overnight stay in New York. I was very impressed with Energy saving features of the Hotel . I had a tough time finding the Condor but most of my confusion had to do with part of the subway being under construction and a lack of clarity on the shuttle bus service to the Williamsburg area. The rooms are very clean and have amentias that make the room very comfortable. The hotel is close to the G train but you have to be prepared to do some walking. The area has a very contemporary feel to but the neighborhood has a older look to it.

Room Tip: There isn't much of a view out of the window but you can't beat the quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank rbmusic50
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 13 August 2014

A cute little hotel nestled into a residential part of Brooklyn. Rooms are really nicely done and spacious for a New York Hotel. The front desk guy was very friendly and, for New York, it's a quiet spot for easy sleeping.

I was pleasantly surprised by how nice it was for the price. The room was spotless and very nice.

On the downside, the location is not ideal for getting to some of the more popular parts of Brooklyn. There is a metro stop near by, though, for easy entry into lower Manhattan. Hard to get a cab on the streets in that part of town, so have the front desk get you one shortly before you set out on a journey that requires a cab. Not too many good restaurants nearby either.

But, again, for the price, you won't find a lot better in NYC. I'd definitely go back.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are not on Franklin, but make sure you get one toward the back of the hotel if noi...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
New York
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I'm really glad I found this place! It's the perfect place to stay in Williamsburg, as it's walking distance from the bars and nightlife (15-20 minute walk) but far away enough so that you don't have to deal with the noise and rowdy crowds when you're trying to sleep or just chill out -the immediate surrounding area is really quiet and peaceful.

The decor was really nice, the whole hotel seems newly renovated, and has a modern but cozy feel. The room had a lot of closet and drawer space, unlike many other hotels I've stayed at, and the beds are SO comfortable! That's something that's really important to me and The Condor really delivered. There's a common room on the first floor with newspapers and a large array of magazines, as well as an enclosed outdoor area in the backyard, which is a really nice place to relax with friends during the summer.

As for the staff, they were great. Offered to help with anything I needed, very friendly and warm. You can tell they really care and genuinely want your stay to be a good one.

I ave only good things to say about this place and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Renee A
New York
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel was amazing and I am very thankful I stayed here. There was always staff around to help and they were very friendly. The place was clean, and the beds are extremely comfortable. Thanks for a wonderful experience!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ariella856
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My boyfriend, sister, friend and I all stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. We were all quite pleased with our stay and so impressed with the men working at the reception. They were so helpful and very welcoming. The cookies were amazing and the selection of complimentary coffees was great! The rooms were clean, there was a balcony and we also had access to a cute courtyard that we liked to call 'The Secret Garden." The hotel was pretty close to the subway and a bit of a walk away from the Brooklyn Bridge, or a 7 dollar cab ride away. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I'm not sure, just stayed on the 3rd floor and had 2 double beds.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Heyzerz
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Reviewed 9 August 2014

From the moment we were greeted by the AMAZING Mo upon arrival, we felt relaxed and at home at this boutique hotel situated in a thriving Brooklyn neighbourhood. We drove in and were able to park securely just across the street.

At the front desk was an espresso coffee/tea station and fresh, homemade chocolate chip cookies/biscuits! By the end of the week, I was pretty used to coming back into the hotel and stopping for a biscuit and cup of coffee and a chat with either Mo or another personable and professional concierge, Tevon. I could go on about these two and also take care to mention what a great manager, David is, as well as Jamie, but it wouldn't capture the fact that every one of the Condor Hotel staff that we met during our week long stay were genuinely friendly!

We were out and about on a very active trip to New York and found the location of The Condor to really suit our needs. The G line (subway) is only about 3-4 blocks easy, safe walk away. From the hotel, we walked to the subway, the bus (on the corner) or to historic areas of Brooklyn, including easy reach to a variety of delicious ethnic foods. We had authentic Caribbean, Italian, Mexican and Soul Food, all within an easy 10 minute walk.

The breakfast was simple and delicious; fresh bagels, homemade waffles, fresh fruit, cereals, a variety of excellent brewed coffees and teas; a bit better than a continental breakfast and part of the cost of the room.

The final thing I will make specific mention of is the beds. My wife has been a nurse for a fair number of years and has a difficult back. One of the most challenging aspects of traveling is arriving at the hotel and finding out, too late, that the mattress doesn't suit her back.

She absolutely LOVED the mattresses at The Condor!
In fact, we all woke every morning feeling very refreshed and relaxed.

We were traveling as a family of 4, 2 fifty-somethings, one 16 year old girl and our 22 year old son, and all of us thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Condor Hotel and would recommend it to anyone looking for a place where you feel comfortable, relaxed and welcome.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family