“The WORST Stay in our LIFE!”
Review of Pointe Plaza Hotel

Pointe Plaza Hotel
Ranked #25 of 75 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 1 April 2013

My cousins and I stayed at this hotel March 28-31, 2013. First they couldn't find our upgrade from a standard room to a suite. Then when my cousin arrived to sleep in the living room area the sofa was not a sofa bed. I specifically requested a sofa bed. The 2nd night I was informed that it was not guaranteed because not all suites have them, but I was told that I was paying for one the day I upgraded. I brought this up to the front desk and they bring up bedding to the room for a roll out bed. No money back or anything for what I paid for. The blanket that they brought was a toy story blanket with washed up beading on it and old stain. Then our toilet chain kept popping off to where we couldn't flush the toilet. I again called the front desk; a lady came up to tell me that she would be right back. SHE NEVER RETURNED! We had to put our hands down that nasty water to connect the chain back in order to flush the toilet. Now lets talk about the shower. The knob that you turn for shower or tub just fell off. Told them about that too and again NO one came to fix it. NOT ONE TIME DID ANYONE COME TO APPOLIGIZE TO US OR FIX ANYTHING. I will be fighting back hard to get my money back or report them to the BBB. The manager or receptionist didn’t even try to contact the GM for us.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Imam K, Manager at Pointe Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

First of all I am very sorry to hear that you had a terrible stay.
My apologies one more time.

I spoke to you after you departed and extended my sincere apologies.
I wish we spoke while you were here.
No it was not me who you thought was Imam.
Well I made this clear when we finally spoke.

I am glad that you are happy with your upgrade charge is removed and accepted my invitation back to pointe plaza hotel.
That will give me a chance to show you, what we really are about.
Looking forward to your return as you promised.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. Especially, I liked the skylight very much. It's really pleasant to stay at.
Just you should know it takes more than half an hour to get to Manhattan by bus, subway or taxi.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Hhiikk U

Thank you for taking your time to drop a note about your stay at the Pointe Plaza Hotel.

We appreciate your pleasant remarks and as well wish you be back soon.
We have added K-Cup coffee machines in rooms.
These upgrades are only possible because you keep coming back and staying with us.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Just spent 4 nights at Pointe Plaza in NY. Really good value for money with big and very clean rooms, wonderful beds and the most helpful staff. Breakfast was OK and distance to nearest subway tolerable.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Annika E

Thank you so very much for taking time to let us know that you had a good stay here.
I hope to see you in near future and our service can live up to your expectations.

i also appreciate you recognized the value.
Our goal is to get better everyday. that being said, your next stay will be better than the last one.
We added K cup coffee machines in guest room.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

My fiancé and I were displaced after our home in Breezy Point was severely flooded by Hurricane Sandy. We had the pleasure of spending 28 nights in the Pointe Plaza Hotel. The hotel was clean, the rooms were nicely decorated and, the staff was excellent . Imam and his team do a great job. We look forward to visiting with our new friends from Pointe Plaza again someday soon

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Kurt B

Sorry about the delayed response.
We appreciate you taking time to let us know how your stay was at the Pointe Plaza hotel.
Hope to see you again and soon.

Sandy is not welcome back but you are always welcome back here at pointe Plaza Hotel.
I was our pleasure having you here. I as well hope you will be back soon under different circumstances.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

This quirky hotel really takes care of its guests. The daily shuttle to Times Square is excellent. The breakfast buffet isn't awesome but certainly adequate. The rooms are quite odd but comfortable. Good location near things, not right in the thick of Williamsburg but I'm sure that's why it's more affordable. I've stayed here numerous times and the front desk staff is very friendly and can guide you to wherever you want to go.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
9  Thank def2013

Hope to see you again and soon.

I am glad you recognize us as a great hotel in Brooklyn.
It adds great value with Shuttle to Times Square and great continental breakfast.
we assure you better stay every time you return.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

Some work colleagues were staying in this hotel and so I stayed there for the convenience. Room we had was a "suite" with a kitchen (2 burners, a frig, sink, microwave) with a table, chairs and skylight. Bathroom had THE ABSOLUTE DEEPEST bathtub I've ever seen in a hotel. Wish I had stayed longer to benefit from a hot, deep soak.

Bedroom was simple decor. "King size" bed was really 2 twins pushed together on one head board. Room did have a view of Manhattan skyline and bridges from Brooklyn. Did not check out continental breakfast because my friends in another room cooked me breakfast. A secure parking lot is available 1 block away for $15/ per night. The price cannot be beat for a NY hotel $119/night. Hotel was very clean.

Room Tip: Ask view city view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Durham123

Hope to see you again and soon.

Your thoughtful review is much appreciated.
I am glad you liked our deep bath tub.
Next time please check out our continental breakfast. It is nothing short of the breakfast your friend made you.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

what when we first got there we had never been to New York City so we had no idea how it would be! We pulled up to the hotel I ran in to find out where to park and the front desk staff analia said to park between Francis street and Franklin street when that was completely wrong after 30 minutes of standing in freezing cold looking for parking and her getting very irritated when we called for more specific instructions we finally found the parking which was just straight down the street past the first Street on the left hand side so if you stay there that's where you park ,she just handed me a piece of paper and told me to go park when I got to the parking had no idea how to get in finally someone pulled up and told me to put in the code found on the back that she had wrote into the keypad,she could have told us that so that was the first thing that irritated me after a 6 hour drive there , finally we got checked into our room when we got in there there were no TVs or a coffee maker which anywhere I've ever been you could at least find a coffee maker and a TV in the biggest dump of a hotel ,that was disappointing I went down to the front desk to ask her if they had another room the manager was very nice! He asked her if there were any other available room and she said no without even looking which that made me even more irritated I asked her if they had a coffee maker I could put in the room she said no but she would bring me up an old coffee pitcher/container that I could get coffee with downstairs and take to the room I said okay that was fine but she never brought it!!!!! if you're going to stay in this hotel the rooms are very nice but if you get an economy room make sure you realize there are no TVs in the living room or in the bedroom and there are no coffee makers so if that's something that you prefer make sure you do not get an economy room !other than that the rooms are nice it's in a safe quiet area it's in a Jewish Community. the rest of this day was fine we did not stay in the hotel much but I think that the front desk girl could have a little more patience with people who don't have any idea about that area!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank krissylj83

Hope to see you again and soon.

I have to say sorry again about the parking lot location mix up.
It is really straight up and on your left from the hotel and can"t get any simpler.
About your room, When you booked online, the third party website definitely mentioned that the economy rooms do not have a TV.
We could not have controlled what room type you choose. You chose an economy room type.
We now have coffee makers in the room.
Hope you choose the right room type and give us another chance in near future.