“A great stay ay King and Grove”

McCarren Hotel & Pool
Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Buffalo, New York
“A great stay ay King and Grove”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I spent one night there last May, this time I stayed there for all three days of my quick vacation.
I love this hotel and its quickly becoming my favorite.
Its in a very vibrant neighborhood, with all the good things a big city has to do while maintaining nice neighborhood vibe.Great places to eat, lots of neat small stores, easy subway access.
The staff is friendly and accommodating and made my son and I feel welcome whenever we returned to the hotel. I have to say that Teddy felt like an old friend, because it seems like he was there every time we came or went.
The room was clean, quiet and comfortable.
We didnt eat at the Elm, but we had cocktails there and the bartender was outstanding...he clearly takes pride in his work.
The only negative was that the room wasnt cleaned when we got back one pm, but housekeeping brought us towels, they offered to clean then, but I was too lazy to move from the room.
Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Alistair M, Regional General Manager at McCarren Hotel & Pool, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear SRthebrave,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a reivew from your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as appreciating our central location in the heart of Williamsburg.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the neat future and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for upcoming special offers.

Alistair

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is a great hotel. We have stayed here many times and it is a favorite of ours. Location is very convenient. You can walk from the hotel to all the great stores and restaurants in Williamsburg. We especially love the pool in the summer. However, the best part of this hotel is the staff. The last time we stayed here we found that the bedside lamps were not working when we checked into the room. A staff member responded to our call very quickly and corrected the problem immediately. We have traveled all over the world and this staff is one of the best. They are responsive, helpful, and accommodating. We stay here frequently and the staff makes you feel as if you are returning home.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Alistair M, Regional General Manager at McCarren Hotel & Pool, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear mdg948,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as appreciating out award winning service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for upcoming special offers.

Boston
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I came from Boston to visit some old friends and for business. From the moment you step inside, the place is simply first class. I was greeted by someone outside who showed me to the front desk. The staff pointed me in the right direction and were very helpful. Later I went down to get drinks at Elm--had the best mojito of my life. After a busy Saturday, it felt so cool to see the design of my room--especially the heated floors and the view of the park.

The subway is right there to Manhattan and took me no time. Its a great value and I plan on coming once to King & Grove at least once a month when i travel to New York.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Alistair M, Regional General Manager at McCarren Hotel & Pool, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Jason A,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as appreciating our central location in the heart of Brooklyn but still a stones throw to Manhattan.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for upcoming special offers.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We came across the East River for a staycation and could not have picked a better location. The staff was terrific from beginning to end, accommodating our every need. Though we didn't eat at The Elm, we certainly took advantage of the beautiful bar for cocktails and a couple of choice items from the kitchen before heading out to dine in the food-friendly neighborhood. Lastly, views from our room of the Manhattan skyline were terrific. Looking forward to returning when the rooftop and pool are open!

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the Manhattan skyline if available.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear 899Adam899,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as appreciating our award winning service.

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for upcoming special offers.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Boutique hotel a subway stop from Manhattan at decidedly un-Manhattan prices! We booked a King room for a weekend getaway with friends and though services are basic, everything is clean, stylish, quiet (the otherwise noisy rooftop bar is closed in winter) and the location, steps from prime Williamsburg is awesome. Book in advance for best rates. I don't think we'll go anywhere else from now on. Makes a weekend escape to New York comfortable and affordable. Awesome bed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side have nice little balconies.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Alistair M, General Manager at McCarren Hotel & Pool, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear KitLP,

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed for 2 nights while attending a nearby wedding.

First, the staff was VERY helpful. Rooms were small but adequate, clean, and well stocked. Dining for breakfast was good but a bit pricey (but we are in NY).

The hotel is well located for shopping and dining and w/o traffic a 15-minute cab ride to Manhattan.

Recommended!

Only downside is the lobby is not well heated..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
AlistairKingGrove, General Manager at McCarren Hotel & Pool, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear JoeHouston52,

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for upcoming special offers.

Hockessin, Delaware
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We came to New York to see 3 Broadway shows and didn't want to spend a fortune on a hotel. We got an EMAIL special offer for this hotel and found it to be a delight. The rooms are on the small side but very attractive and well-appointed. The staff is charming and very responsive.

Located next to McCarren Park, it's 5 short blocks to the L line into Manhattan. The neighborhood is vibrant, with lots of small restaurants and shops. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the park.
Dear FrequentTraveler4446,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as appreciating our central location in the heart of Williamsburg.