“Amazing”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Baden, Switzerland
“Amazing”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Very stylish rooms. Not too big but all you need is there including a great bathroom. Pool area is very cool and the restaurant/bar on the top has the best view. On the other side of the street is a park.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Alistair M, Regional General Manager at McCarren Hotel & Pool, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Fabio_Negro,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay with us.

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Please feel free to follow us on Twitter or Facebook for upcoming special offers.

Alistair MacLean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is the epitome of the pretentious hotel and the architects who designed it should be ashamed of themselves. Invariable it is the small things that make a difference. For example there is only one tiny hook to hang your towel in the bathroom. Where would two people hang two towels in the bathroom is something that did not bother the designers in the least. Of course the water in the designer shower does not all go into the drain and ends up outside, some of it in the bedroom itself. There is no place in the room to set your suitcase, which you have to leave on the floor, right in the middle taking up space. The (design) light switches are infuriatingly bad and do not work properly… All in all a rather disappointing experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank GRAPESTRAVELLER
Dear GRAPESTRAVELLER,

I was disappointed to read about your comments regarding the design of the room and I appreciate you giving us honest feedback.

Please feel free to contact me directly for all future reservation requests so that I can ensure you have the right accommodations to suit your needs.

I do hope to have the chance to have you back at the hotel in the near future.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I recently stayed two nights at King and Grove Williamsburg. From the moment I walked in the staff was friendly, courteous and very helpful as it was my first time staying in Williamsburg. The room was very clean and modern. It was the most comfortable bed I've had at a hotel and I travel a lot. The second night I sat at the bar and had drinks at the Elm. The bartenders were making fantastic drinks and both were very personable. Also, the open kitchen is a great touch! It's also only 3 blocks from the subway and the immediate area is filled with great restaurants. Anytime I come to New York in the future I will be staying here.

Dear Moreese33,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as appreciating our comfortable beds and award winning service.

I look forward to hearing welcoming you back in the near future and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for upcoming special offers.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Beautiful Contemporary design with a very comfortable room. Cozy, functional and best mattress ever. Best sleep I have ever had in a hotel. Staff friendly and accommodating. Weather was cold and rainy, but staff provided us with umbrellas to make our outdoor ventures bearable. Location great for walking to restaurants and rooftop bars. Unfortunately the hotel rooftop was not open. Opens in May. The elm restaurant and bar superior, would like to see a casual menu offered in addition to the current dinner menu. Will definitely go back!

Stayed March 2014
Dear Gina B,

I was delighted to read your comments regarding our beds which are in a league of their own when it comes to being comfortable.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for upcoming special offers.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The King and Grove Williamsburg was perfect. The location is perfect for exploring Williamsburg and neighboring areas on foot. The room was really nice-modern, stylish and comfortable too and spacious for NY! The staff was exceptionally friendly and had great recommendations for where to go around town. We would stay here again and hope to do so soon when the amazing looking pool opens in spring. Thank you King and Grove!

Dear jhsphilly,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as appreciating our central location in the heart of Williamsburg.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for upcoming special offers.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Very impressed with this hotel. Very clean, conveniently located and incredibly friendly and accommodating. The room was large for a NYC hotel; bed was incredibly comfortable and quiet part of the city overlooking a park.

Dear B E,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as appreciating out central location itn the heart of Williamsburg.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for upcoming special offers.

Bermuda
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Came to NY for a weekend break, a friend suggested this hotel. I have to say I am extremely pleased with the whole experience. As a hotelier for a 5 star property, this place met every single expectation. Alberto is a superstar all the staff is extremely help full. The room was great very comfortable bed nice size. The hotel is in a very nice area. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Jc M,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as our award winning service. I have passed along your kind words to Alberto who is key part of our team in the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for upcoming special offers.