“Awesome Stay”

McCarren Hotel & Pool
Ranked #15 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 May 2014

my wife and i stayed here for 9 nights, returning a week ago.
we couldn't have had a better time.
the room was big for new york standards, with a balcony overlooking the park and an amazing view over to manhattan. super comfortable bed, could have maybe done with a bit more storage space for those staying longer than a weekend, i guess.
the elm was great, amazing food and a good bar area. i'm not a massive fan of hotel bars and restaurants, as i spend too much time in them with work, but the elm was great.
the hotel is in such a good location for other bars and restaurants around williamsburg, it was a shame to stay in really.
really good transport links into manhattan, and really friendly and helpful staff.
can't really fault it, would like to have seen the rooftop bar and pool open, but that's no fault of theirs we arrived just before the season started for both. both looked (from what we could see) to be really spacious and fun.
will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: we had a king room overlooking the park at the front. a little noisy from the traffic, but you'r...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My boyfriend & I stayed here to celebrate his birthday. I had planned a special getaway weekend, with a concert, brewery tour, great restaurants and sightseeing. This Hotel fit the bill. It is a boutique hotel I across from a park in Williamsburg, and everything about it felt special. Our room was small, but still wonderful for what we needed. The bed was comfortable, and the wooden floors were nice underfoot. We enjoyed looking out our window at the pool below, and the apartments across the way!! The bathroom was nice - very clean! I especially loved the soap - hand milled in NY - nice touch!! There was plenty of room in the closet for both our clothes for the weekend. We were there the last weekend the pool was open, and the weather was glorious! We enjoyed bobbing around the pool and having a poolside drink. The rooftop bar has spectacular views of the Manhattan skyline. Our goal was to explore Williamsburg & the front desk staff were helpful with maps and directions and ideas. Also, the other hotel guests were all pretty chic / hipster looking, and we enjoyed that aspect - no boring tourist types here! We loved every minute of our stay, and hated to leave. This was not an inexpensive hotel, but for us it was worth it!! We would definitely go back. I really hope we do!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Alistair M, Regional General Manager at McCarren Hotel & Pool, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Corsagi,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review from your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as appreciating all our amenities along with our convenient location in the heart of Williamsburg.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for upcoming special offers.

Alistair Maclean

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We've stayed here at least 5 times since our son moved to Williamsburg to attend Med School in NYC and this place is great as it is near an incredible selection of food and cultural venues. In addition the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The restaurant is world class-reservations are recommended. The rooms are well designed with good, clean functional bathrooms and large beds. Only complaint is that they are a little small and the work area is not well set-up. For us the location, in the heart of Williamsburg and next to a wonderful park makes up for some of the these deficiencies. Compared to NYC you'll find good reasonable parking options. Only 4 short blocks from the L line that gets you to NYC in less than 10 minutes.

Room Tip: In the back you get the view of the pool during the summer months. Otherwise it is located in a quie...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Alistair M, Regional General Manager at McCarren Hotel & Pool, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear deaixa,

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for upcoming special offers.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Recently stayed for a week visiting our son, daughter in law and little grandson. This will be the fourth time we have stayed here, the rooms are very nicely appointed with wooden floor, marble bathroom and the most clean and comfortable bed you could wish for. The hotel has changed hands over the last couple of years and has had some teething problems but everything is up and running now. The new manager Michael and his team couldn't have more helpful in trying to make our stay as pleasant as possible, nothing was too much trouble. This hotel is perfectly located for a trip to New York, you could easily spend a week eating in the great restaurants and looking around the individual shops and markets in this area without going into the city which is only a short train ride away. We'll be back!.

Room Tip: We've always stayed at the back overlooking the pool. The hotel does not have entertainment for...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear louiseGuildford,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as appreciating our central location in the heart of Williamsburg. I have passed along your kind words to Michael who is a key part of our team here at the hotel.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Very stylish rooms. Not too big but all you need is there including a great bathroom. Pool area is very cool and the restaurant/bar on the top has the best view. On the other side of the street is a park.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Fabio_Negro,

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Please feel free to follow us on Twitter or Facebook for upcoming special offers.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is the epitome of the pretentious hotel and the architects who designed it should be ashamed of themselves. Invariable it is the small things that make a difference. For example there is only one tiny hook to hang your towel in the bathroom. Where would two people hang two towels in the bathroom is something that did not bother the designers in the least. Of course the water in the designer shower does not all go into the drain and ends up outside, some of it in the bedroom itself. There is no place in the room to set your suitcase, which you have to leave on the floor, right in the middle taking up space. The (design) light switches are infuriatingly bad and do not work properly… All in all a rather disappointing experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank GRAPESTRAVELLER

Dear GRAPESTRAVELLER,

I was disappointed to read about your comments regarding the design of the room and I appreciate you giving us honest feedback.

Please feel free to contact me directly for all future reservation requests so that I can ensure you have the right accommodations to suit your needs.

I do hope to have the chance to have you back at the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I recently stayed two nights at King and Grove Williamsburg. From the moment I walked in the staff was friendly, courteous and very helpful as it was my first time staying in Williamsburg. The room was very clean and modern. It was the most comfortable bed I've had at a hotel and I travel a lot. The second night I sat at the bar and had drinks at the Elm. The bartenders were making fantastic drinks and both were very personable. Also, the open kitchen is a great touch! It's also only 3 blocks from the subway and the immediate area is filled with great restaurants. Anytime I come to New York in the future I will be staying here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Moreese33,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as appreciating our comfortable beds and award winning service.

I look forward to hearing welcoming you back in the near future and in the meantime please feel free to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for upcoming special offers.