We went to this hotel expecting to endure a young, noisy, party atmosphere for the sake of being near our daughter in Williamsburg. Instead we thoroughly enjoyed the young, friendly, good- humoured, clued in and excellent service we received every step of the way!
Let's get the manageable negatives out of the way quickly and move on to the many positives.
1. The room design is annoying. Dimly lit area around the safe which is at the bottom of the tiny wardrobe (standard room). Floor level shower that allows water to spread around bathroom floor and stylish but silly frosted glass window between bathroom and bedroom forcing mid-night users to navigate in darkness or wake up partner.
2. The rooftop bar could be disturbing at night, but we brought Quies earplugs from the airport and slept like logs - and I'm a very light sleeper!
Just off Bedford Ave in the cool, laid back heart of Williamsburg.
Short, pleasant stroll to subway on Nth 7th St., taking L line into Union Square and from there to anywhere.
Happy, friendly, clued in and obliging staff.
Dozens of restaurants for every pocket. We loved Fada at the slightly more expensive end and Peters since 1969 for really tasty, good quality casual comfort food (everyone gets a crisp, melt in your mouth corn muffin with their meal- mmmmmmm).
Heath Ledgers, Five Leaves restaurant five minutes walk through McCarren Park. In NYs top five for breakfast - had PERFECT poached eggs there - simple but amazing.
The outdoor pool! A rare treasure in NYC with excellent service and really comfortable sunbeds. It gets very hot in NY!
Free bikes. Test your skills on the safe, sunny streets around Bedford Ave. and if you're happy to go, take your bike on the East River Ferry to Brooklyn Bridge Park or downtown and continue from there.
Lots of cool, hip, vintage and boutique shops for unusual gifts and purchases.
Near the cool, friendly Wythe Hotel with its famous rooftop bar. Unparalleled views of the sunset over Manhattan!
This is as close as you'll get to relaxing, laid back holiday in New York - we loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Brooklyn's most vibrant neighborhood, McCarren Hotel & Pool is an exciting urban retreat. With 64 modern rooms, an ideal location overlooking McCarren Park and luxury amenities that include a rooftop bar with breathtaking views of Manhattan and one of New York City's largest outdoor swimming pools, McCarren Hotel & Pool is the first full-service lifestyle hotel in this thriving neighborhood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your McCarren Hotel & Pool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- McCarren Hotel & Pool Brooklyn, New York