My husband and I absolutely LOVED this hotel, the room, the bed/bedding, and the bathroom, as noted by everyone so far. The location was great for us, while visiting my brother's family in Brooklyn. The price was fantastic, the parking was easy, cheap, safe, (and such a relief!) I really want this hotel to succeed, as I really want to come back!
Here are a few, minor things we thought could have used some more attention:
- The Keurig in the room was AWESOME. Having sugar and even powder creamer would have been even better.
- The room was very clean. The coffee mugs in the room were not.
- The staff is very cool, friendly, and enthusiastic, but some of them might need a bit more training to appear more professional. This has nothing to do with the dress code, which I love. It was just very clear that some of the morning crew on Sunday was hungover/tired.
- We were traveling with a baby, and brought our own pack n play, which was good b/c no one offered us one. I don't know if children are a rarity or discouraged at BPM, but we were definitely the only ones I saw.
- Our neighbors smoked pot every evening, which truly wouldn't have bothered us except that the walls are super thin or the ventilation is tied from room to room, because our room REEKED every time. We didn't complain to the hotel because we knew going into BPM that this was likely a party crowd. But after we loaded our stinky luggage and baby gear into our rental car and could still smell it a day later, we became a bit more annoyed about it.
- Sound travels thru this hotel very easily. The good news is that the floors are small, so there aren't a lot of rooms on each. The bad news is that from our bed with the TV on, we could hear every time someone came off the elevator on our floor.
- The breakfast/cocktail room is very cool, but the breakfast bar experience was a bit awkward. We weren't sure if we were supposed to just grab things from the bar, like regular hotel breakfast rooms, or if the breakfast attendant was bringing things to us. Coffee should have been available as a stand alone. There were items offered that were not readily available, and no one would have known were available unless a guest hadn't asked specifically. (Cereal, omelettes, bacon, etc)
Overall we really liked the hotel. I am sure the tiny things we noticed were just due to a new property and new staff finding their groove, and we cannot wait to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where music meets hospitality; Hotel BPM (inspired by the music term "beats per minute", referring to the pace count of a song), is about redefining the travel experience to a new generation of travelers, this lifestyle brand, focused around music entertainment culture, offers it's clientele a modern minimalist feel with upgraded amenities & aspects of music lifestyle mixed in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel BPM Brooklyn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel BPM Brooklyn New York