“Clean, spacious, parking and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel BPM Brooklyn

Hotel BPM Brooklyn
Ranked #42 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
“Clean, spacious, parking and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

We came down from CT for a special occasion and were looking for a fun hotel that didn't break the bank. Hotel BPM perfectly fitted this description. The staff at check in were amiable and accommodating, and provided good recommendations for lunch spots. The rooms are a good size, very clean and a decent sized TV with cable and Netflix access. The bathroom looks good but the shower is a little disappointing pressure wise. Breakfast had a small choice but the French toast special was great, and there were healthier options too. The D, N, and R subway lines are just round the corner. All in all, we were very happy with our stay, and would recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Paul R, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Becky C,

Thank for taking the time to review Hotel BPM. We appreciate all of our guests feed-back.

You're a neighbor living up in CT so we expect to see you often :)

We have a couple of breakfast upgrades that we are introducing this month and I think you'll be pleased.

We'll leave the music on for you...cheers,

Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

I normally do not write reviews, but I had to for BPM. Im REALLY PICKY and hate hotels, but this one rocks! Very nice hotel, staff, rooms and location. So close to the subway (3 blocks). Staff is very nice, especially Rebecca and Chelsie. They were extremely helpful on what to do in the city. I LOVE the the hardwood floors (bc i hate old, dirty, smelly hotel carpet) and stand up showers were great, too! The only little (very little) annoying thing was the room key didn't work from time to time so I had to constantly run to the from desk, it may have been deactivated by cellphone or my MTA card. GREAT HOTEL!

• Stayed September 2012
Beland 1,

Perhaps you rarely write a review but we are certainly happy that you decided to write onre this time :)

Rebecca and Chelsie said to say Thanks! We get a lot of compliments on our hardwood floors in the guest rooms...just another detail that our founder, DJ Bijal put in the mix.

Sorry about the key problem...we have a technologically advanced locking system that was selected so as not to have that annoying problem. We are looking in to it.

Thanks for taking the time to write and we look forward to your next visit.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at Hotel BPM for two nights prior to launching an overseas move. We arrived on their FIRST DAY of business late, disheveled and grumpy from a 13-hr drive from North Carolina. We were instantly relieved when we walked in the door. I could list the lengths that the front staff and hotel management went to to accommodate us during this time when they were adjusting and learning themselves, but I think it should suffice to say that we absolutely felt our needs were considered at every moment.

Everyone we saw who worked at the hotel went above and beyond. They felt so bad that they didn't have champagne (they gave us wine instead... absolutely no big deal) that they comped the whole minibar for our stay, they gave us a voucher for a free night to offset any inconvenience we experienced during their opening (everything was great!), and they were kind, personable and respectful. Our experience was awesome.

The room was brand new, spotless and stylish. The bed was oh-so-comfortable and the shower was heavenly. There was free wi-fi, access to Netflix, etc.

The hotel has parking (a huge plus in NYC!) and is very close to a subway. We felt very connected to the vibe of the city without paying Manhattan prices.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Paul R, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, 23 September 2012
Laura R

Thank you for making BPM your choice when deciding to visit Brooklyn. When we receive a review like yours it strengthens our resolve to always make sure that NOTHING is more important than our guest.

We know that during our "soft opening" period we had times when we "slipped" a bit but made the satisfaction of our guest the first priority and by doing so we were able to overcome some of the little glitches and keep everyone smiling. Smiling btw is our norm around Hotel BPM as we can't be anything but happy when we see our guest enjoying themselves.

Safe travels and look forward to your next visit.

Alhambra, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

This hotel was awesome. I found it on Groupon and it really lived up to the reviews and more...they had free breakfast and more importantly FREE drinks from 8-12am! The DJ in the lobby was super cool and had great music happening as you checked in. Totally fun hotel and the rooms were clean and trendy. Staff was great...they helped get us a cab and even gave us umbrellas when it was pouring.

Because its a new hotel...there is room for improvement but it wouldn't take away from the visit. Remind them at the front desk that you want your room cleaned and if you aren't someone that looks at every single detail then its all good. I like small boutique hotels so this one was great :)

Just know you are staying a bit away from sites in New York...but if you don't mind paying for cabs and taking subway then your fine. A cab ride to Manhattan comes out to about $26

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank SgV_gIrL
Paul R, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Conchita B,

Awesome...a word that we love when our guests describe Hotel BPM! And as you noticed the rain did not interupt our service commitment to our guests.

We stive to be awesome and your review puts a smile on our face and allows us to keep it up.

Thanks for taking the time to write about us...we'll leave the music on for you :)

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed at Hotel BPM for about 3 nights and loved it! The breakfast was more than I could have imagined, the employees made you feel welcomed and were very helpful with everything I needed. I like that the key was just a tap on the door because my hands were normally filled. The music was a huge bonus because I can't go through my day without it so I had the convenient option of an ipod dock or tuning in to the BPM station that I could play in my room AND BATHROOM (singing in the shower was nice). Speaking of the bathroom, it was AMAZING..the mirrors didn't fog up, the back light in the mirror was perfect for my makeup application, the toilet had an ecofriendly flush option, and the products smelled incredible. Since I was there a few nights, I really enjoyed the fact that I had more options than just the tv because of their smart tvs that let me use hulu and netflix and even check my yahoo finance. Over the weekend I didn't feel like scoping out a place to end my night so it was nice to have the music already going when I stepped in and chill out with some friends in the lounge area.

Room Tip: I would recommend the suite.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelBPM, Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Hello indiannomad87,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a great 5 star review. We love to hear about how we are to be as much of a guests vacation story as the sites they visited. I am happy to hear that your enjoy our breakfast program. We do our best to bring in a new selection of fresh items daily for our guests. We can't go a day with out music here also and are glad to hear we both share of passion for music. We look forward to having you as guest with us again.

Hotel Management
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

My husband stayed here for our 1st anniversary. He was raised in Sunset Park, and this hotel is located about 10 blocks from where he grew up. Those who prefer more touristy areas will not feel comfortable in this remote location, even though the subway (D, N) are only 2 blocks from the hotel and Manhattan is only 2 express stops (10-15min) away. However, for those who prefer to see the "real" New York, this is about as real as it gets. Still in an "up and coming" area, there has been very little development here. The BQE is a block away, and 4th Avenue is lined with gas stations, bodegas, and divey yet authentic, cheap Mexican restaurants. Oh, and Greenwood Cemetery is also a block away. Okay, so it's not the prettiest area, to say the least, but it is very safe. The crime rate in Sunset Park is one of the lowest in Brooklyn. If you walk 4 avenues up to 8th Avenue, you will be in Brooklyn's Chinatown, which spans about a mile from 40th - 60th Streets. Head up there for some cheap & tasty dimsum or some of the best banh mi sandwiches in the city. Trust me, I'm an Asian foodie, LOL!

Now, about the hotel itself, at the time of our visit, it was still not officially open. Their official opening is actually not until the end of September. We were there for their "soft opening", so there were still some kinks that needed to be worked out. The elevator was not working 100% (it did not stop on the first floor, only the basement, for the first 2 days we were there), and our door sensor malfunctioned, so we could not get into our room without the aid of the manager.

We had a Living Social voucher for a Deluxe King room + a bottle of wine and 2 free drinks. However, the Deluxe Kings were not available for our dates, so we were offered a Jr. King room instead. What's the difference? The window is smaller and it's missing a 2' wide hallway that leads into the room. Everything else is exactly the same. The rooms are pretty small, even for "deluxe" rooms, but they were very comfortable. The decor is clean, modern and minimal, yet cozy. The TV is a flat screen and Netflix ready. The floors are wood instead of carpeted, which we prefer. There is an iPod dock, a Keurig, and a mini bar. Since they did not have their liquor license yet, they offered the entire contents of our minibar for free over our 2-day stay! Awesome! There was a White armoir with 3 drawers, but they were all warped so everything rubbed together and got stuck. If I opened the closet door, the top drawer would open with it. I think a lot of the rooms have this problem, which is why they put hooks on the side of the unit just in case.

The bathroom is sexy, sleek, with a rainshower (water pressure was not good on the 6th floor though), sliding glass doors (no tub), square toilet, hair-dryer, and a lighted mirror.

We had central air, which was controlled on the wall, but the unit can be a bit loud, especially when you're trying to sleep. The wifi worked great. They don't have ironing boards in the room for space reasons, but you can get one from housekeeping. The other nice touch was the black-out blinds, so we could sleep in. The only thing we were really missing was a room safe.

Breakfast came with the room, and was plentiful, but not very good. They offered fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, bagels, cream cheese, butter, and jams for the cold selection. The hot food is obviously microwaved, and my sausage was ice cold one morning. i had to send it back to get reheated. It kinda grossed me out. I am hoping the food quality will improve when the hotel opens.

The manager was very nice and the staff was young, energetic, friendly, and helpful. They were really the ones that made our stay pleasant. The hotel was opened by a deejay, so naturally they had great urban music playing in the lobby. It was not piped through the hallways, so we were able to have a peaceful stay and sleep at night.

I am confident that they will work out all their little glitches by the time they officially open. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel, especially if you can get a discount. The rack rate is a bit high for this location, but having said that, it is still about half the price of a prime Manhattan hotel in the summer.

Room Tip: Room 601 is the largest king room on the top floor. There is not much difference in square ft betwe...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SUSAN L
Paul R, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Dear NYCityZen:

Finally indeed!!!! :)

Just wanted to let you know we are gearing up for your 18 month anniversary. We really appreciate you taking the time to write your review and on behalf of the entire staff as big Thank You!

I'm confident that when you revisit us the "kinks" you noticed during our "soft opening" have all vanished.

You review was thought out and it took some time to compose and I just wanted to assure you that it was well received and appreciated.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

Fabolous Hip and Friendly hotel.. BEDS where plush as well as the Pillows.. Perfect urban atmosphere for the young professional on the go.. 3 blocks from train 1stop away from downtown Brooklyn.

Staff was very Friendly and Accomodating even in the wee hours of the morning.

Don't expect a early Checkin or late checkout which is understandable considering there size.

Pros-- Clean, comfortable, friendly, cool atmosphere, great amenities , good location , Accomodating and AWESOME STAFF

Cons -- slow elevator, Breakfast setup & flow.. Either make it full service or buffet style, it could be a lil more organized.

I would definitely recommend this to friends , family and coworkers..

Thanks BPM

M.WILLIS

Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Monique;

Happy belated Bumpin Birthday in Brooklyn :)

Don't think we forgot about you...we didn't. I wanted to thank you for your suggestions in your review and we've made some major improvements to our breakfast service since your visit that really moves it along while still keeping it service oriented.

The elevator...that's another issue LOL. Seriously we have it tuned up and where it may not be the fastest it seems to be doing a great job.

Hoping to see you back here soon,