“great stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“great stay”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Excellent stay; the people are great and very accommodating. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. They have netflix and an open bar some weekends. Although it's in sunset park the hotel itself seems to stand out in quality and service....definitely going back for a third time.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 February 2013

On the bus coming home from NYC. Had to make sure I posted a review. BPM was a fabulous experience. From the moment we checked in the staff was amazing, friendly,and welcoming. The DJ at night was fun and played a great variety. Sada at the desk was helpful and nice beyond belief. Rooms were clean, spacious (for ny) and very trendy but comfortable. Not a ton of entertainment in the local area, but had some fun playing pool with the locals at Uncle SAMs.

Room Tip: Ask Sada when you get there. She's the best!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I found this hotel last minute on the web and got a great deal. From the pictures I saw, the hotel looked great. Once I got to the hotel the feeling matched the pictures. Its a modern hotel and I would definitely recommend it. Its clean, looks nice and the price is great. I have no complaints for this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 16 February 2013

The walls are paper thin, you can hear everyone's conversations and tvs. Every surface in the room is scuffed, one bedside table is missing a drawer. No music other than in the lobby, clocks in the room are wrong. Just a general state of not being maintained. The location is fine for Brooklyn but certainly not romantic nor nice by any means. My husband and I travel a decent amount as found this place to be pretty bad. The website and ads are deceiving

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Aloubea
Paul R, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Aloubea,

Read your review and I'm sorry that you didn’t find our hotel up to your standards. Not sure if it's just me but for the life of me I don't get how people refer to themselves as world travelers or in your case "travel a decent amount" and yet have no review history. The reason I bring this up is to understand you...the reviewer and what standards you are used to and what you compare us to...but alas no reviewing history.

The same music you hear in our lobby and our lounge area is the same music that can be found on the guest rooms Televisions (channel 61) and there is a speaker in the bathrooms with controls for volume next to the door.

We have two cantilevered bed side tables...one with a drawer and one without. Used often for personal computers and guest’s electronics but certainly not a missing drawer. There is one clock in the room not multiple and it is a clock combined with an iPod/MP3 player. Apologies if the time was not exact.

Our surfaces in our guest rooms are cleaned and polished regularly and certainly as needed. Some guests can just be downright messy and thoughtless and the light color of our drawer and cabinet fronts have certainly seen abuse but we don’t check guests into a damaged room or a room that has not been put in proper order.

The remark about the location speaks tomes in perhaps why you chose to be punitive to us. “The location is fine for Brooklyn but certainly not romantic nor nice by any means” sort of a backhanded compliment to one of the most exciting and art driven of the Burroughs. I take umbrage at that remark but again...you made no complaint to the hotel nor do you have a history of what we can see to compare this to. All you’ve done is taken an anonymous slam at our hotel and our location.

Reviews and customer feedback are meant to be helpful and constructive to the Hotel. It’s why we encourage every guest to visit sites such as TripAdvisor and share their experience(s). But it’s difficult to respond adequately when the reviewer is a phantom. Feel free to contact me in person via email at GM@HotelBPMBrooklyn.com and I can try and get to the bottom of your displeasure.

Respectfully,
Paul Ruffino
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel and was so impressed with all the hotel had to offer. I've traveled the world and just had time to put up this review as I wish half the hotels I stayed at were half as nice for the value! The staff made my stay a pleasure to be away from home! The DJ in the lobby was an added treat! Free drinks and full breakfast on the weekend! The rooms far surpassed any 5 star ratings which were incredibly comfortable with all amenities and the most plush bed and linens! I travel the world and wish they were a chain! If you haven't been to Brooklyn you need to stay here and see why it is becoming the new NYC!!

Room Tip: All rooms are new! Dont matter which one you get!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ira Z
Paul R, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Dear Ira Z

Thanks for taking time out of what must be a busy travel schedule to write a review for us. The fact that we made an impression on you to encourage a review is gratifying to the entire staff.

Brooklyn is indeed the "pulse" of NYC and is being discovered daily by more Manhattan bound travelers as a borough with much to offer and a flavor all its own.

Thanks again for the kind words and we'll leave the music on for you.

Greece
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayed at the BPM in September 2012, that is a while after the opening. The area is secure and quiet. The Hotel : brand new, minimal design, music hotel (there is an option of listening to music 24/7 from the sound installation in your room and on wkds there is a dj on the deck). The staff was very friendly and helpfull. Breakfast was ok (nothing fancy but fresh and good enough to start your day). The only "problem" we had was with the cleaning service which was average for a 3star brand new hotel that wants to etsablish a good fame. I would go back because of the convinient location and very pleasant staff(5min walk to the nearest metro station, 25min ride to the centre of Manhattan, the taxi costs about 35dollars). It was kinda pricy but we got a special fare via internet.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Paul R, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Dear Lne_79:

We appreciate your patronage as well as your review. I am sorry that you experienced a "problem."

We strive very hard to create the best possible guest experience. If you would be so kind please write me (gm@hotelBPMbrooklyn.com) and explain to me what you feel we could have done better with regard to our cleaning your room.

Your input is appreciated. We look forward to your return visit.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Pretty nice hotel, Value for Money .. Just 20 minutes from Downtown Manhattan by train .. Also free drinks on weekends :) .. The hotel is themed like a DJ's den so they have interesting music playing all around.

Very interesting if you are into music.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear Pramathmalik:

Thanks for taking time from your schedule to pay us the compliment of your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your experience here and hopefully you'll keep us in mind when you visit the area in the future.