“New York Bday..Including Spinning at Hotel BPM”
Review of Hotel BPM Brooklyn

Hotel BPM Brooklyn
Ranked #44 of 74 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 February 2013

My wife and I recently took a trip to NYC for my Bday in Jan...

Part of our trip included not only Staying at..but performing at..Hotel BPM in the new Lounge... Loved the room..the colors.. and I cannot say enough about how AWESOME the Staff is.. from way before we ever got there.. to every minute we spent there.. They helped us with our every need..

Performing at this hotel was a new and exciting experience.. The sound from the DJ booth can be heard in ANY room via the TV.. My wife told me how cool it was to walk thru the hotel and hear my set coming from some of the rooms.. As a DJ this is part of what makes the experience at Hotel BPM so Cool... Basically the entire hotel can be a party.. and the vibes that night suggested it was.. Some guests even came down to the lounge once they heard the music..

I guess the main thing we have to say about our stay.. was to us.. it felt like Home.. from the first second we called to book... to the minute we left to head back to DC..

Hotel BPM.. its staff.. guests..and of course DJ BIJAL.. will all have a special place in our hearts for a long time to come.. We Hope to make the trip a regular event in our lives.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DJ_Chucklez

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Excellent stay; the people are great and very accommodating. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. They have netflix and an open bar some weekends. Although it's in sunset park the hotel itself seems to stand out in quality and service....definitely going back for a third time.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 18 February 2013

On the bus coming home from NYC. Had to make sure I posted a review. BPM was a fabulous experience. From the moment we checked in the staff was amazing, friendly,and welcoming. The DJ at night was fun and played a great variety. Sada at the desk was helpful and nice beyond belief. Rooms were clean, spacious (for ny) and very trendy but comfortable. Not a ton of entertainment in the local area, but had some fun playing pool with the locals at Uncle SAMs.

Room Tip: Ask Sada when you get there. She's the best!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I found this hotel last minute on the web and got a great deal. From the pictures I saw, the hotel looked great. Once I got to the hotel the feeling matched the pictures. Its a modern hotel and I would definitely recommend it. Its clean, looks nice and the price is great. I have no complaints for this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 16 February 2013

The walls are paper thin, you can hear everyone's conversations and tvs. Every surface in the room is scuffed, one bedside table is missing a drawer. No music other than in the lobby, clocks in the room are wrong. Just a general state of not being maintained. The location is fine for Brooklyn but certainly not romantic nor nice by any means. My husband and I travel a decent amount as found this place to be pretty bad. The website and ads are deceiving

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Aloubea
Paul R, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Aloubea,

Read your review and I'm sorry that you didn’t find our hotel up to your standards. Not sure if it's just me but for the life of me I don't get how people refer to themselves as world travelers or in your case "travel a decent amount" and yet have no review history. The reason I bring this up is to understand you...the reviewer and what standards you are used to and what you compare us to...but alas no reviewing history.

The same music you hear in our lobby and our lounge area is the same music that can be found on the guest rooms Televisions (channel 61) and there is a speaker in the bathrooms with controls for volume next to the door.

We have two cantilevered bed side tables...one with a drawer and one without. Used often for personal computers and guest’s electronics but certainly not a missing drawer. There is one clock in the room not multiple and it is a clock combined with an iPod/MP3 player. Apologies if the time was not exact.

Our surfaces in our guest rooms are cleaned and polished regularly and certainly as needed. Some guests can just be downright messy and thoughtless and the light color of our drawer and cabinet fronts have certainly seen abuse but we don’t check guests into a damaged room or a room that has not been put in proper order.

The remark about the location speaks tomes in perhaps why you chose to be punitive to us. “The location is fine for Brooklyn but certainly not romantic nor nice by any means” sort of a backhanded compliment to one of the most exciting and art driven of the Burroughs. I take umbrage at that remark but again...you made no complaint to the hotel nor do you have a history of what we can see to compare this to. All you’ve done is taken an anonymous slam at our hotel and our location.

Reviews and customer feedback are meant to be helpful and constructive to the Hotel. It’s why we encourage every guest to visit sites such as TripAdvisor and share their experience(s). But it’s difficult to respond adequately when the reviewer is a phantom. Feel free to contact me in person via email at GM@HotelBPMBrooklyn.com and I can try and get to the bottom of your displeasure.

Respectfully,
Paul Ruffino

Reviewed 30 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel and was so impressed with all the hotel had to offer. I've traveled the world and just had time to put up this review as I wish half the hotels I stayed at were half as nice for the value! The staff made my stay a pleasure to be away from home! The DJ in the lobby was an added treat! Free drinks and full breakfast on the weekend! The rooms far surpassed any 5 star ratings which were incredibly comfortable with all amenities and the most plush bed and linens! I travel the world and wish they were a chain! If you haven't been to Brooklyn you need to stay here and see why it is becoming the new NYC!!

Room Tip: All rooms are new! Dont matter which one you get!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ira Z
Paul R, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Dear Ira Z

Thanks for taking time out of what must be a busy travel schedule to write a review for us. The fact that we made an impression on you to encourage a review is gratifying to the entire staff.

Brooklyn is indeed the "pulse" of NYC and is being discovered daily by more Manhattan bound travelers as a borough with much to offer and a flavor all its own.

Thanks again for the kind words and we'll leave the music on for you.

Cheers,
Paul

Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayed at the BPM in September 2012, that is a while after the opening. The area is secure and quiet. The Hotel : brand new, minimal design, music hotel (there is an option of listening to music 24/7 from the sound installation in your room and on wkds there is a dj on the deck). The staff was very friendly and helpfull. Breakfast was ok (nothing fancy but fresh and good enough to start your day). The only "problem" we had was with the cleaning service which was average for a 3star brand new hotel that wants to etsablish a good fame. I would go back because of the convinient location and very pleasant staff(5min walk to the nearest metro station, 25min ride to the centre of Manhattan, the taxi costs about 35dollars). It was kinda pricy but we got a special fare via internet.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Paul R, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear Lne_79:

We appreciate your patronage as well as your review. I am sorry that you experienced a "problem."

We strive very hard to create the best possible guest experience. If you would be so kind please write me (gm@hotelBPMbrooklyn.com) and explain to me what you feel we could have done better with regard to our cleaning your room.

Your input is appreciated. We look forward to your return visit.

Cheers,