“Comfortable Thanksgiving Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
BOSTON, Massachusetts, United States
“Comfortable Thanksgiving Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed for two nights during the Thanksgiving/Hanukkah holiday in November. The employees were some of the all around friendliest staff we have encountered from the cleaners, to the food & beverage staff, to the concierge. Hotel BPM was also very generous with us doing an early check in since it was Thanksgiving day and we would be arriving around noon and needed to make it to the dinner by 3pm.
The rooms, although small, are very clean and the bed is very comfortable. Breakfast was ok, much better than the cereal offered at other hotels. They had turkey sausage, bacon, mini pancakes and bagels. Eggs are normally offered, but had run out by 9 am when I asked for them. The bed in our room was on a metal frame that incessantly squeaked when turning over, loud enough I kept waking up when it squeaked. The room is very quiet and heard no noise from rooms above, below or around us, but, the sound between the door to the hallways is loud, it sounds as if your door is wide open. We could hear every conversation in the hallway, even the quiet ones.
Overall, we would probably stay there again if we could get another deal on Hotels.com. It is convenient to the train and has a parking lot and again, was very clean, great staff and has a comfy bed.

Green Features: Loved the refillable shampoo and shower gel, makes so much sense than to have thousands of travel size bottles thrown away.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

My wife and I got a reasonably good rate on a hotel room at BPM for 6 nights in September.

There is a subway and a couple of convenient stores nearby, but not much else. You can get to Coney Island and Manhattan fairly easily by subway, but it does take time depending on when you're traveling.

My room was small, but reasonably quiet (I was on a higher floor) and the bed was comfortable. The free breakfast was nice. The one small issue we had was with our towels not always re-stocked every morning, but not a big deal.

The other issue I had was with my online booking. Even though I had a confirmation number and email receipt, when I called a week before my trip they did not seem to have the booking. They resolved the issue, but it was a good thing I called!

We spent most of our time in Manhattan, so even though the hotel is a four minute walk to the subway, it was still a bit of a hassle to go back and forth every day. But if you want to save a bit of money, then one should consider staying at Hotel BPM.

3.5 / 5 stars

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I recently stayed at hotel bpm and I must say, this facility is absolutely great. I felt like I was at home. The staff was great, the room was clean, comfortable and inviting. I don't think I have ever stayed in a hotel room that was that small but they make great use of the space. It really did not bother me at all. The cable TV was great along with the sound system throughout the room, not to mention the free wifi. It really made for an exceptional experience. The breakfast was excellent every morning and it seemed that they really put effort into making every order to your liking.

The only draw back was the neighbourhood. There really wasn't anything to do within walking distance. However, if you need something for personal hygiene or food products you are in the right area. There are spanish, chinese and fast food places surrounding the area. There are also gas stations within a block or two that are 24 hours. In addition, the subway is literally a 3 minute walk. It was not difficult getting around and it is strategically right near Manhattan but also close to downtown Brooklyn. You really can't ask for anything more.

Something that was really convienient for me was the laundry mat at the corner of the street. Before my flight, I washed everything before packing so that when I got home I was ready for work the next day. The laundry mat can do this service for you or you can do it yourself. It just seemed like an efficient use of my time while I was winding down on my vacation.

I would go to BPM again in a heartbeat and would encourage all of my friends and family to do so also.

Room Tip: Room 512 was great!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Blackwood, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

BPM is located one train stop away from downtown BKLYN. The room was a nice and the bed very comfortable. The water pressure in the shower could have been stronger. I liked being able to listen to the television while in the bathroom. The shower gel had not been refilled. I was not able to turn on the heat. I will stay again and recommend to my friends. The checkin staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Commutetired
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Location was great : nearby an express metro station direct to Manhattan in 2 stops. The room was perfectly clean, the bed very comfortable and I did appreciate the style of the room including bathroom ! With a friendly staff and the possibility to have a breakfast included in the price of the room, Hotel BPM is definitely a very smart choice for a visit of NYC !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Ahoj92250
HotelBPM, Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Hello Ahoj92250,
We are very happy to hear that you loved the style of the room and the bathroom is a favorite of many of our guests along with our Sound Sleeper beds as well. We work hard to provide excellent service and a free freshly cooked breakfast we agree can't be beat. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I liked the hotel. Neighborhood seemed safe, but not the best. Only downside to the room was the REALLY loud AC. Soundproofing was good, but doesn't help when AC noise is coming from inside the room. Staff was very friendly and helpful! French toast breakfast was just so-so.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank siebkens
Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Me and my mom stayed at the BPM Brooklyn for 6 nights and it was a great (and cheap!) option for us to visit NYC. The rooms are small (which we expected) but very modern and clean and the size of the shower was a nice surprise. Breakfast was hot, delicious and made to order. Staff was very helpful and friendly at all times. The hotel is right by a subway station and we never felt uneasy walking back and forth at night - however, there is not much going on around the hotel so make sure to grab dinner & drinks when in the city. We visited both Manhattan and Brooklyn on separate days and had no problem getting there (but you have to plan for 45 min to uptown Manhattan). When arriving from the airport there is a car service that has a special rate for hotel guests.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family