“Nice theme and Great location!”
Review of Hotel BPM Brooklyn

Hotel BPM Brooklyn
Ranked #40 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Newport News, Virginia
“Nice theme and Great location!”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel because I had a concert to attend at Barclays. This hotel is very close to the 36th street subway and Barclays is the next stop. The hotel staff was very friendly. Liz and Mai were very helpful , I know I bothered them enough. I had an order of Shari's Berries delivered there on the day I was supposed to arrive. However, issues with my flight caused me to check in the next day. Liz put the strawberries in the fridge for me and I was able to get them brought up to the room when I arrived. The rooms are nice, small but what do you expect in New York. The shower is amazing and I love how you can listen to their music station in your room and bathroom. My friend had an issue where she partied too much and ended up throwing up in the room. I called the front desk to request some items to clean it up. They sent someone up and he told me to call him to take the trash out when I was finished cleaning. I had a great experience with everyone who worked at the hotel, including the housekeepers. Our flight left a little late, so we were able to check out, leave our bags at the front desk, and go find a restaurant to eat at.

I do have a few complaints about the hotel though. The elevator is slow and you have to call the front desk to get ice. It would be easier, if there were ice machines on each floor of the hotel.

The restaurant is nice. We talked to the lady working in the restaurant and she recommended some decent places to eat. We ended up going to the Sunset Diner (open 24 hours), which is about a fifteen minute walk from the hotel. A fifteen minute walk will take you to a number of restaurants open late, even on Sundays.

I will be staying at this hotel again due to the great staff, the location, and the hotel's theme. Perfect for attending a concert at Barclays and catching the subway to Manhattan .

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank echappell86
HotelBPM, Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Hello Echappell86,
We are happy to hear that you had an excellent stay with us and could earn a 5 star rating. Many of our guests love our ideal we are to get to the Barclays Center. Being just one stop away. Feel free to always chat up our staff and they are here to help and provide tips, suggestions, or just someone to chat with when you bored.

We are sorry to hear that having to request became an issue during your stay. We like to provide the service of bringing ice right to you which is a nice personal touch we like to offer. Also this helps keeps the floors quieter as ice machines are very noisy.

We look forward to having you as a guest with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Read a lot of good reviews about this new hotel in Brooklyn and decided to give it a try. The hotel itself is modern and has freshly prepared breakfast made to order. The rooms are rather small...very small actually. I couldn't walk around the bed and only had one suit case. The staff were helpful. The R and N train are a 2 minute walk from the hotel. They also have an agreement with a local car service company that gives the hotel special rates.

Great stay the only down side about this hotel is the room size!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Ahmed E
HotelBPM, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Hello Ahmed,
Thank you for posting a review about your experience with us. We are happy to see based on our amazing reviews you have chosen to book with us and had an great stay. Our rooms are small but surprisingly other hotels offer rooms even smaller which is normal for New York. I would not recommend our single king if you plan of spending a lot of time your room. I would suggest booking on your next visit our Superior King which is very roomy.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed at Hotel BPM for 3 nights.

The room was great with modern fittings and bathroom. The decor and theme all tie in nicely to the musical theme of the hotel. The speaker in the bathroom was a cool touch.

Initially I wouldn't have picked the area as the first choice, however the cost of the stay was reasonable in comparison. Plus the hotel is only minutes away from the subway so is quite easy to travel from that neighborhood.

Over all I had a very comfortable stay and would stay again in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
HotelBPM, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Hey Jade,
Thanks for posting a review about your stay with us. Were going to have to work harder to earn that 5th star from you. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the bathroom sound system which is a very popular feature we offer. We understand we are ahead of the curve of development in our area by a few years we hope the access to the express trains make up for this. We look forward to having you stay on beat with us again.

Hotel BPM BKLYN
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel BPM last weekend for two nights. We were visiting our daughter who loves in Brooklyn. Unfortunately, we didn't realize how far away the hotel was from where she lives. That would be the only reason we would not stay there again. The room was great. Very comfortable bed and bedding, great bathroom and all very clean. Staff were excellent, very attentive. Breakfasts were okay. Very fast, so that you can get on with your day. Subway stop very handy. Other than the the distance from our daughter's place, we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and would definitely recommend it.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello McIntyres,
Thank you for choosing BPM as your hotel for your visit to see you daughter. We are happy to offer the families in the area a high quality hotel for theirs visits to Brooklyn. I am glad to hear that our staff was very attentive to your needs as we strive to offer each guest the best service possible. We hope you will over look the distance to your daughters home and chose us again. If so be sure to check our website for any specials or events we may be hosting.

Thanks,
Hotel BPM Brooklyn
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I had a great stay here last week. In addition to it being close to the train, it was a great experience. The lady at the front desk made me feel very welcome when I arrived from the freezing bitter cold! Calling up to the room to make sure I was happy with the accomodations. I requested a robe, iron and ironing board by brought up and they each item appeared almost magically. Upon arrival it was cool to hear the hotels private music channel playing in the room (and cool bathroom) as I came in. The pricing for room service was surprisingly reasonable and the food and service was excellent. I did, however, note and take into consideration the $5 service charge.

The best part about the whole experience was one staff member's hospitality. After coming back very late from working a concert in the city, starving from working super hard and super cold from walking from the train, I realized that I didn't have my hotel card. Ty, at the front desk was very helpful and friendly and cheerfully put up with all of my questions. I asked if there was a microwave and Ty said he would have my food warmed for me and after I retrieved my food from my room, they came back with my sandwich on a dinner plate piping hot and looking nothing like the left overs I had stuffed in the tiny fridge hours before. I was excited.

Ty answered each of my questions at 2:30 am with enthusiasm and great customer service. He even recommended a great cab company to my tired brain and instead of costing $35 dollars my ride cost $24 to Penn Station. I also really appreciated that Ty thought enough about my day to schedule two wake up calls for me, which he delivered very promptly and professionally. He even had the cab waiting to take me in ample time...

In fact, if it wasn't for Ty's great hospitality, I would have surely missed my train and been stranded for a day in NY, operating on less than 3 hours of sleep. :/

Overall, my Hotel BPM experience rocked my face off and I would stay there again in a heart beat per minute...

Green Features: I appreciated the minimalist theme of the hotel and also noted the nod to the environment with the bottles of body wash and shampoo in the showers. They smelled incredible and I think the were even called "Bee Kind"
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
HotelBPM, General Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Hey Bobbiette,
Thanks for taking time out to write us such a great review. We like to work hard to ensure each guest hotel experience is a great as their visit to New York. Things don't appear magically its our super power here to bring meet guest requests at lighting speed. We do charge a $5 service charge for room service but unlike many hotels we don't force our guests to pay 18% gratuity as many other do. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our "Bee Kind" soaps which can be purchase on our website and each sale of Bee Kind goes toward pollination research. We look forward to seeing you again.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Loved the theme of this hotel and the music that played as soon as you walked in, the rooms were pretty small but the decor was nice. Staff was so helpful even at 2 a.m when I was starving, they know the area. Even though small, its brooklyn and good for the price. Would stay here again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Rebecca R, Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
I am very happy to hear about your great stay will us! Each employee here takes pride in their work and in this building. New York City is known for its tight spaces and we are no exception, however we hope that our cozy environment continues to offer you comfortable and relaxing stays. I am not sure which room you stayed in but our Superior or Deluxe king room would suit you better on your next visit; these rooms offer more space.
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Nice hotel not too far from anything 15 minutes into Manhattan soho etc ... Rode train to Barclays center it was one stop away. Staff was nice .. Limited parking .. Room service prices are reasonable mini bar as well. Over all I would recommend for the price

• Stayed January 2014