“Nice hotel, awesome service, area was not great but I didn't feel unsafe.”
Review of Hotel BPM Brooklyn

Hotel BPM Brooklyn
Ranked #39 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
GreenLeadersSilver level
White Lake, Michigan
“Nice hotel, awesome service, area was not great but I didn't feel unsafe.”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Checked in and our room was available early. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Was worried about the room directly next to the elevator but it was never a problem. Couldn't hear a thing. Staff was always pleasant and helpful in directing us to what we were looking for. Breakfast was always there and replenished quickly, although, my kids would have liked cereal, and I would have like some protein, not just carbs. We had to walk a couple of blocks to the subway system, which was our transportation the entire trip, it wasn't a big deal. Rates are a lot cheaper than anywhere else in New York and the rooms were a lot bigger than anywhere else in New York. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Kelly L
Rebecca R, Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for the positive review Kelly! I am happy to know your stay was an enjoyable one. We are working on developing a fuller breakfast menu and I assure you we will have a lot more to offer very soon. Thank you again for your review and I hope we see you again.

718-305-4182

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My family visited from Pittsburgh over the 2014 4th of July weekend.
Broken elevator for two of the three days. My elderly Mom had to walk up and down a dark, narrow staircase to her room.

Breakfast buffet was sparce on the one of the three days it actually appeared. The hotel is located in a off the beaten path area of Pittsburgh near a bypass. I have lived in Brooklyn for 5 years and had to use my GPS to find it.

I signed up and paid in advance for a poor quality experience. The staff was nice but the service a 2 star at best.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cathy W
Rebecca R, Manager at Hotel BPM Brooklyn, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
I am sorry to hear that you had such a difficult time during your stay, I want to first apologize for the inconvenience that the elevator caused you. We are doing all we can to take care of this extremely strenuous situation. Although we are located in a somewhat discreet location in Brooklyn, Sunset Park is a cozy area surrounded by a large family orientated and business community. This neighborhood has so much to offer it is very unfortunate that you were unable to experience it during your visit. We want to thank you for your review.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed! Very helpful! The staff was more then pleasent. They all went above and beyond! Thank you BPM Hotel you guys were fabulous!!! Everything was clean, beautiful and the stores, restaurants and gas stations all near by.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Mecaroman
Out of this world! Such positive feedback and great enthusiasm, thank you for taking the time to mention how great your stay was. It is because of our amazing guests such as yourself that my staff continues to work so hard to ensure that your stay is everything you hope for. Our core values are at the center of what BPM standards for and customer service is absolutely number one. We hope to see you again in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 July 2014

great service by richard the front desk rep. super friendly staff. normal rate for the time i was there was like $280 which is insane, depsite the newness and lovely decor for the area but i got a hotelonight.com rate for $169 which is still high for the distance to manhattan as you can find specials and deals for that price right in the city if you look carefully, although the space may not be as new and cool.

conveniently located 3 blocks from the DNR subway line (one of those lines is 2 express stops to lower manhattan but still is far like 30 minutes) at 35-36th st. sunset park is kind of at the brink of the gentrified (park slope--much nicer, upper west side like of brooklyn but a bit yuppy and stroller saturated) neighborhood and the surrounding area has affordable eateries, shops and conveniences but is rather aesthetically displeasing. you will not want to be hanging around here.

hotel itself was super cool and CLEAN. great concept. personalized service. rooms were micro-sized typical of ny but not as much the boroughs which you can frequently get a lil more space. the bed was comfy, the decor funky cool, and the bathroom decent sized. great shower and water pressure but terrible lighting. strong AC, blackout shades, minibar, snack tray, free coffee and a nightime juice drink (that claimed to help sleeping), pay for water though which is shady to have it placed the way it was which made it look free.

no activities, no frills. decent breakfast and space. there are virtually no amenities here.

i would NEVER stay here for $280 + tax/fee a night though. my rate was $169+ which ended up being about $197.

Room Tip: few choices, about all the same though...no need to worry about view or noise whereever
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
It is always a joy to hear that your time spent with us was one to remember. As a small privately owned boutique hotel we are fortunate to provide one on one personal attention to all of our guests and guarantee to provide the best rates available. The rates for each room are influenced by a few key factors such as, occupancy, room type and even booking for the weekday verses the weekend. In reference to the hotels location and our personal décor the owner has taken much consideration into creating the ultimate experience, a laid back feel with an upscale appeal. Thank you for your review and booking with Hotel BPM we hope to see you again.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I use Trip Advisor when I am traveling and have trusted their judgement in the past. I planned a trip to NYC and didn't want to spend $400 a night so I looked for alternatives.

TA gave BPM 4.5 out of 5 stars, so I assumed that this would be a deluxe experience. It advertises the hotels convenience to the subway (true), but the truthfulness stops there.

BPM advertises a "hot breakfast". The only thing hot was when you put the bagel in the toaster!

The afternoon we asked about local restaurants. The clerk rummaged around and found a few menus to fast food and Chinese. None were in walking distance. We did locate a little pizza place a few blocks away.

BPM is is a very distressed location (almost slum-like). We were concerned about walking to dinner, and they advertise "room service", so we tried to call the lobby to get a menu. The room phone didn't work. So we walked down several flights to the lobby (the elevator didn't work) and asked for the menu and were informed that they don't have room service.

BPM advertises "plush robes". There was just one for the two of us.

The beds were nice and the shower was nice, but the rooms were very small and needed cleaned.

The employees tried to be helpful, but they had to work within the constraints of the hotels amenities and condition.

I find it very hard to believe that our experience was unique and am dumbfounded that Trip Advisor gave it such a high rating.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel! If you must stay at BPM, choose a room on the first floor, because we had...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ed B
Unfortunately it seems as though you faced some obstacles during your stay and I understand your frustration. However I would like to address a few of those problems a little further, regarding the neighborhood it is fair to say that although it is not a seemingly tourists attraction as our neighboring borough Manhattan. Hotel BPM is located in a completely safe and welcoming area of Brooklyn which is undergoing many changes both economic, cultural alike. In essence Brooklyn has much to offer, in regards to our breakfast. Our kitchen department is undergoing some extensive renovations we are not serving a hot breakfast as it against health regulations. We are serving a continental breakfast and we continue to ask our guests to be patient with us through this setback. I hope that you find yourself giving us a second chance in the future, thank you for your review.

Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Hotel BPM was ideally located for our purposes as we wanted to meet up with our daughter in Brooklyn and travel to lower Manhattan, but there were too many problems for me to recommend it. First, we had 2 adults, 2 children listed on our reservation, and they gave us a room with 1 king sized bed and said it was our fault for not confirming the number of people. Our confirmation (through another website) stated: "All rooms are guaranteed to sleep the number of guests you provided during your search, but we cannot guarantee the number of beds." The staff did provide us with a second, king-sized bedroom for free, but it was 4 floors below us, which would have been entirely unsatisfactory if our children had not been teenagers. Regarding the room itself (Room 505): fine quality sheets with LOTS of tears in them; broken light bulb in the desk lamp; the Keurig looked like it had NEVER been cleaned; the rug was made of synthetic strips which PROHIBITED vacuuming (UGH!), and the air conditioning unit ran ALL NIGHT. The breakfast area/nightclub on the LOWEST LEVEL is dark and very small. Breakfast consisted of coffee, hot water, pastry, bagels, and sliced cantaloupe, hardly worth mentioning. Parking is VERY limited, although we parked on the next block for free with no problems. Everything looks like it used to be nice, but is neglected now.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ElvisOnly
Upstate NY
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and I have experiences in many different hotels across the country (although I am new to this website, as I've never been "inspired" to write reviews before) and this experience was not what I expected. I guess my main reason for sharing is so that others have a more realistic view. We were doing all our research via the internet and were not experienced in knowing the different parts of Brooklyn- if we had it to do over again, we'd stay somewhere else. Via the internet, this hotel comes across in the same category as luxury hotels but at a better value- it was not even in the same category at all. Everything was cheaply done- our shower floor pooled water in one side and didn't ever drain, our toilet clogged first thing in the morning before we even used it that day, and we had problems streaming netflix due to slow wifi which was the available television option. The location isn't really ideal or close to any of the hip or touristy neighborhoods in brooklyn, but it did seem relatively safe. The employees were kind and helpful. It wasn't terrible, it was just mediocre and we felt as though we overpaid. It just wasn't what we anticipated based on our pre-trip research and I know we won't go back. I'd rather stay in a boring yet reputable chain hotel if I can't afford a hip, unique hotel next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple