“Brooklyn Walking Tour”

The Heart of New York Culture
Ranked #19 of 61 Tours in Brooklyn
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the magnificent and richly historic Brownstone Brooklyn (or Greenwich Village or midtown Manhattan). I'm a New York City licensed tour guide (I'm on the Dept. of Consumer Affairs list with a star) who conducts private tours of NYC culture and history, and the current scene. My tours also incorporate my 30+ years of experience promoting the arts in New York: Broadway, music, dance, films and visual arts, with many "insider" stories.
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brooklyn Walking Tour”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Reva provided an excellent waling tour of Brooklyn. She pointed out many key landmarks and took me through several historic neighborhoods. It was well worth it. I also became more comfortable using the NY subway system. She is an asset to the NY tourism community and I am looking forward to the Greenwich Tour upon my next visit.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ryan B

concord, ca
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Walking Tour of Brooklyn”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Reva did a wonderful job in taking us through various neighborhoods in Brooklyn. She is knowledgeable and goes at a good pace. My only suggestion would be a break for restrooms or water.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Cavsp_12
Grand Rapids
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great tour - well beyond the typical!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Reva's brings the architecture of Brooklyn alive like nobody else can! You can tell she has a passion for her Brooklyn! Private tour is definitely the way to go.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank D_C_GrandRapids
New York City, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Reva Cooper's tour of the East Village was great”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

My husband and I took one of Reva's tours of the East Village, even though we have lived in the city for years. Reva pointed out buildings we had passed countless times, but now we learned their history and stories. Her anecdotes and historical facts helped us appreciate our home town like never before. I am looking forward to joining one of her Brooklyn tours, to learn more about my home borough!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank HWDBr00klyn
Paranaque, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do a Brooklyn tour with Reva Cooper (she's the best).”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Wanting to explore another borough apart from Manhattan, we booked a tour with a Brooklyn native last Oct 11, 2013. Reva Cooper did not disappoint. She took us deep into the heartland of Brooklyn, on foot well beyond 2 hours! We thoroughly explored the very picturesque brown belt district, among others. It rained, but this did not dampen her passion one bit. Regretfully, due to my 74 y/o mom's health issues, we could only muster enough strength past the Brooklyn Heights Esplanade. The Brooklyn outing far exceeded our expectations. Mom & I are more than pleased to have met Reva, who we now consider as our gold standard of what a tour guide should be. I knew I should've booked one other Manhattan tour with her.

Visited October 2013