“Eat of the work week treat.”
Review of Amber Steakhouse

Amber Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Amber Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #760 of 5,349 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Eat of the work week treat.”
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My colleague and I found this place a few months ago and have been going there ever since! First time we went here for lunch it was a pain. With the road construction going on outside (until now) parking was hard to find. We ended up parking a few blocks down and walked to the place in the heat. Once inside, we were surprised to find how formal it was. We felt like we shouldn't be there since we were covered in sweat and not wearing a button down shirt and tie. The place smells like a walk-in humidor. We were seated on a table right next to the window and then was given an onion roll each. What we ordered was from the lunch menu and we got the 8oz steak with fries, salad and eggs. When we got our order, we were caught off guard to find a $12 steak to be of awesome quality. The steak was GREAT! This type of steak you won't even find less than $20 somewhere else!

On another occasion I decided to try the lunch menu burger. That was good too! Just like the lunch steak, it was great. After our first time there, we decided that this place will be our Friday lunch place. Just a great way to end a hectic work week. Great food and portioned right.

• Visited September 2012

Glenview, Illinois
“Elegant find in Greenpoint, Brooklyn”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I was brought here by a "local" and I was very pleasantly surprised. This place bills itself as a steakhouse, but everyone in my party ordered dishes other than steaks. Everyone was very pleased with their meals.

This place is rather elegant without being snooty about it. Causal elegance, I would call it. No need to dress up, though.

The noise level was subdued so we didn't have to worry about shouting over loud music. Very conversation friendly. We also got out of there without a huge dent in my wallet.

My only criticism was that the front entrance was not wheelchair accessible. That was a problem for us as one person in our party was in a wheelchair. We had some difficulty entering the restaurant because of that, and nobody from the staff came to either help us or to tell us about any alternative accessible entrances, despite the fact that we arrived early and there were no other patrons in the dining room when we arrived. We only learned as we were leaving that a side entrance is wheelchair accessible

Other than the accessibility issue, I had no complaints at all about this choice.

• Visited May 2012

-Awesome staff
-Nice atmosphere

PS.try a burger, seriously

Brooklyn, New York
“Great Steak for a Great Price”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I have lived in Greenpoint, Brooklyn my entire life and this was a great addition to the neighborhood. Great tasting steaks that won't empty out your wallet. If your a seafood lover, you will love this place as well. Great mussels/clams/shrimp. Highly recommended. The New York Times compares these steaks to Peter Luger's! I will be back.

• Visited January 2012
“Wonderful steakhouse in Greenpoint!”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

The owner of Amber also owns the butcher shop next door. The steaks are amazing; full bar and great wine list; wonderful service and great prices. My husband and I have eaten at Amber Steakhouse on several occasions and have never been disappointed. It is truly a great find in a great neighborhood.