Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
kingTrippin
Brooklyn, New York

GUESS WHATS HIDDEN AT HOLIDAY INN BUSHWICK ????

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 31 Jan 2024
I had invited my sister and her family up a few months ago and they stayed at the Inn. Check-in is supposed to be 3:00 p.m. however by 7:00 p.m. they were still not able to get a room. Absolutely nothing was removed from the fee as a courtesy.
This time my son and his wife came up but other family were staying in the house so I put them comfortably near our home and the Holiday Inn Bushwick. They did not check in until after 7:00 so it was not a problem this time however a charge appeared on my car a few days later. I called the hotel and they said in addition to the $100 incidental they charge $17.20 for the supposed free breakfast Wi-Fi and some other excuse. This is not fair to their customers as once you pay hotels.com any other site and or them and it says total due you should not be charged hidden fees under the table! I wish my son had not been too tired to even take advantage of the free Wi-Fi and woke up just in enough time to check out at 11:00 and missed the breakfast at least I would have felt I got my $17.20 worth🤨. Oh and another thing the photo online shows parking and also mentions a pool there is no pool at no parking except on street with restrictions so if you do not like getting up at 8:00 a.m. you got to find a parking spot early the hotel should have at least secured with Department of Transportation free parking in front of it for their customers to watch their car at least from that window in that ghetto fab Broadway area.
Date of stay: September 2022
Room Tip: Parking - car has to be moved 8am. Not good area especially at night but hotel is ok. Right in...
Trip type: Travelled with family
  • Lol.travel
    £91
0.2 miles from Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn - Bushwick, an IHG hotel
View more hotels in Brooklyn
All reviews breakfast service police sirens elevated subway breakfast was amazing complimentary breakfast oatmeal hot water nice hotel new york clean rooms every morning recommend this hotel great stay rosa fridge train floor
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 November 2023

We arrived at this building on October 24, 2023 at 8 p.m. with our two children after dark, tired and hungry after a day of traveling, only to find out that this hotel is not a hotel anymore. Yet we had a reservation for 4 nights We did not receive any notification prior to our arrival that we would not be able to stay. So we were on a dark street corner and scared, since we didn't know where we would be staying that night. Hopefully by now they are notifying people, and hopefully they are also not taking anymore reservations! Yikes!

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Marketing at Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn - Bushwick, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2023

Hi Alyce S,

I am glad to have been a host to one of our valued guests. Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn Bushwick and for sharing your feedback. I hope all is well.

We want to make every guest's stay seamless and comfortable. I'm sorry to learn about the situation. I have shared your comments with our hotel management team to serve as a reference for improvement. I also sent a private message to get additional information.

I hope you give us another chance to turn things around the next time you stay with us.

All the best,

Glaiza G.
Case Manager
IHG Hotels & Resorts Service

Reviewed 17 October 2023

We booked the hotel on July 12, 2023 through Expedia. We were supposed to stay there from 8/12/23 to 8/16/23. When we arrived at Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn – Bushwick in the afternoon on 8/12, we were blocked by a couple of security guards at the front door. They told us that “All refunds will be approved and processed. If you have a prepaid reservation, please contact the third party to receive your refund for the balance of your nights not spent with us.”
So far we haven't got back any penny from them. STAY AWAY THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank Louis Z
IHG Service, Marketing at Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn - Bushwick, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2023

Hi Louis Z,

Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn - Bushwick and sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you for doing business with IHG Hotels and Resorts.

We strive to give excellent and impressive service to all our guests, and I am sorry for what happened during your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the hotel management, and I'm confident that the necessary steps will be taken, so we can better serve you in the future. I’ve also sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your stay.

We value your feedback and welcome the opportunity to serve you better. I look forward to your response.

Crisel V.
Case Manager
IHG Hotels & Resorts Service

Reviewed 11 August 2023

I have stayed here twice before. All in all, we had good stays at a decent price. Street parking isn’t too hard to find. Some rooms have loud train noise.

This time, I booked two months in advance. The hotel closed and cancelled my reservation less than 48 hours before check in. IHG had nothing to offer in helping me find a comparable rate on short notice. They offered me a small number of points that won’t post to my account until after I need them.

2  Thank MamaDiggs
Reviewed 7 August 2023

I paid for my entire trip online in May 2023, upon checking in at 1:47pm on July 31, I was asked for my credit card to make a $US100 deposit payment. I complied, what I did not know is that they are keeping your card information and making additional charges for which there is no explanation. Imagine asking and you cannot be told, you ask to speak with management and no one is available until Monday? A hotel seriously has no supervisory staff on a Weekend? I reached out to the management team by phone and email and got no response. The next day I got a larger deduction on my credit card. To date, I have received no response. No explanation as to why they kept my credit card details, no explanation as to why they used my card details without my consent, no explanation as to why I was even charged....

I am being told that when this charge occurs it is usually staff checking if customers cards are active and to use or sell for their personal gain, I make no accusations but I have been asking questions and getting no answers.

Further to this, the bathroom tub has rust spots i.e. it has a coating on the tub, there are areas where the coating came off and the rustiness of the tub is present.

You can also see that shoddy work was done in the sink area which could not bother anyone to fix properly.

The hotel is near to a train track and the hotel has not implemented any soundproofing methods for such, so you hear trains loudly all day and night.

I've had issues with bad customer service, most employees need to be properly trained.

I had an issue where my AC was cutting off after approximately 3 hrs. It was subsequently fixed.

Please note I do not want / need any points. It was not the point of my email. I will not stay at the hotel again, so the points are useless. You need to fix your systems and train your staff properly and please refund the charge you placed on my credit card this morning.

Room tip: Do not visit here.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank odellDJ
Reviewed 13 July 2023

We expected the location to be noisy after looking at the other reviews commenting on street and subway noise, however we were very disappointed with the breakfast selection. Three of the days there was no hot food and yoghurt selection. There was also no orange juice for our six day duration. We had an issue with the tv which we reported to reception and nothing was actioned. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Date of stay: May 2023
1  Thank Paul S
Andre Hammond, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Brooklyn - Bushwick, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2023

Good Afternoon Paul, Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We truly apologize for falling short of expectations during your stay. Your comments are duly noted as we continue to make improvements. We appreciate your business and helpful feedback and we hope you give us a second shot at a better experience in the future. Best Regards,