“Lovely Boutique!!!”

Ranked #26 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Lovely Boutique!!!”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Indigo Hotel, sadly, we only stayed 1 night. Everything was just right, were were in town from Washington, DC and truly the location!! The bed and decor was trendy and modern, I love "boutique" hotels, and this will be a favorite spot to stay while in Brooklyn. The staff was great, Sue and "Zellie" were very helpful and friendly. My husband and I were very happy with out stay, the price was very affordable and the staff was extemely accomadating. We highly recommend this Hotel to anybody who is visiting Brooklyn for its convenient location, great customer service and good value for the money, please save 1 room for us!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tracyyb616
Karl B, Regional Director of Operations at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Dear tracyyb616,

What a great review, thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to write such nice comments on your most recent stay with us. Thank you for also mentioning some of the staff that provided you with exceptional service. I'm going to share your comments with them, they'll love it.

Thank you for you business and hope that when your travels tack you abck to Brooklyn, you will be staying with us again.

Karl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Indigo Hotel (we stayed 4 nights). Everything was just right - the size of the room (we had a Standard King room), great shower, trendy bathroom amenities, amazing view on Brooklyn (choose the higher floor), huge flat-screen TV on the wall with plenty of channels. We had a very good sleep as the pillows and the matress were really soft and comfy. Every morning there was a complimentary coffee in the lobby for the guests, in addition to a very nice coffee-maker in the room.
We were pleased that local calls from the room were free of charge. And it was great to discover a small refrigerator as well.
The staff was just fantastic, very helpful and friendly. When we arrived the lovely receptionist Anetta helped us very quickly to resolve a small issue. The next morning the other receptionist girl (forgot her name but she is from Honduras) was extremely helpful with local directions and advices.
Overall we were very pleased with our stay (even better than expected)! We definitely recommend this Hotel to anybody who is visiting Brooklyn for its convenient location, great customer service and good value for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to enjoy a better view
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RV22
Dear RV22,

What a fantastic review. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write about your recent 4 night stay with us here at the Hotel Indigo Brooklyn. It sounds like you really enjoyed your trip and most of all really enjoyed our hotel. I was also pleased to read that several staff members also helped you when you needed. I will be sharing your comments with the staff.

Thank you for also pointing out some of the many amenities we have to offer in our guest rooms.

I truely hope that if your travels take you to NYC and the Brooklyn area again, that you'll make the Hotel Indigo your hotel of choice and stay with us again. We always love it when past guests stay again with us and see all of the new improvements we've made.

Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I was all ready to fall in love with this adorable new hotel. The location is great, and I loved the rooms' modern, comfy design. I didn't even mind that the rooms are kind of small.

However, the experience changed my mind. I don't think I'll EVER be back to a Hotel Indigo, or any part of InterContinental Hotels Group (this includes Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn Resort, StayBridge, Candlewood).

I'm a former New Yorker, by the way. So it's not a case of an out-of-towner thinking locals are "rude." And I was 100% courteous.

First, there were hairs on the shower wall (clearly not mine), and the heat didn't work, so the room was COLD. I was assured everything would be fixed while I was out for the day. The concierge told me the issues had been fixed when I returned, but they weren't. Same cold room, same gross hairs. They switched my room to a bit bigger one, but didn't offer anything to smooth over the issue until I asked--then I got one breakfast comped.

The hotel's credit card policy wasn't fully stated when I booked. The email said "Please note that your credit card may be pre-authorised prior to your arrival." Be warned: what they really do is authorize the first night, then charge the full stay. So until the authorization falls off, you've basically been overcharged. This locked my account; I hadn't planned on an extra night, so I didn't have enough funds available in the account at the time.

I was given the okay to write a check instead, which I did (they later denied this). The next day, the manager called and overrode this, saying they would not accept a check. After berating me over the phone, she called 911 and had the police order me out of the hotel. Yes, you read that right. It was awful. And I'd already paid for half my stay by card. This was all after the hair, cold room, and moving to another room.

The hotel had empty rooms during my stay. They weren't losing money on me. Instead of full payment and a happy, returning customer, the hotel manager chose to lose money, credibility, and a lot of future business by kicking me out one night early in case my check didn't clear (it would have, of course). I still can't believe it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a little extra space. The first room I was in was so small that I couldn't w...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lindsay B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Dear Lindsay B,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 February 2013

This Hotel was a a pleasure to stay in.Very Very Friendly Staff from the Front Desk to every employee I met.Great Location,Within walking Distance to many restaurants, stores and the Barclays Center.The room I was in was spacious enough for 2,decorated in a hip urban metro manner.Wi-Fi easy to acess.The Only downfall was the restaurant wasnt open as of yet,but once it is,it will be a really upbeat and convenient amenity.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
Karl B, Regional Director of Operations at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
Dear Lori B,

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for writing a review about your most recent stay here at the Hotel Indigo in Downtown Brooklyn. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay with us. Hoping you also got to experience a bit of downtown and take advantage of all the shopping and restaurants in the area. I apologize that our restaurant was not open during your stay. We anticipate that the Brooklyn Brewhouse will open within the next couple weeks.

New York
Reviewed 26 January 2013

If you watched the movie Zoolander, you'll appreciate the title of this review.

I booked my room through Priceline. Check in took a little long.
The room and bathroom were clean. BUT.....smallest rooms ever. Like another poster said, there was no place for my luggage. The room is barely big enough for two people. This is less the fault of how space was divided and more about the building itself. Its extremely narrow. For that reason alone it should NEVER have been converted to a hotel.

The ambiance in the common areas was fine. You get a small discount on breakfast at the Sheraton and the Aloft across the street.
It's in a great location. You have the Barclays center in walking distance. Chinatown and Wall street are one stop away on the train. You can dine and shop on Fulton street and Flatbush avenues in Brooklyn.

I almost always book my hotels through Priceline. But as long as this hotel is in their inventory, I will NO LONGER bid on a 3 star hotel in Brooklyn.

Room Tip: Do not accept a "standard" room. Too small.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Karl B, Regional Director of Operations at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, 3 February 2013
Dear BlackJohnDoe,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review on your recent stay at the Hotel Indigo Brooklyn. I apologize that your accommodations weren't as large as you may have anticipated. We have made ever effort in organizing the rooms to work as efficiently as possible due to some of the sizes of rooms we have. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused during your stay.

I am happy to see you pointed out the benefits of our location and all that is around to do and even see. Plenty of shopping, dining and the Barclays center are all definately within walking distance of the hotel.

Thank you for your business and again for writing about your stay with us.

Manchester-by-the-Sea, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We stayed in a two-queen bed room for one night for a show at the nearby Brooklyn Academy of Music and were very satisfied with our stay. For the AAA rate, we thought the value was excellent, I've never stayed in NYC for anything close to this. Our room was on the 15th floor and was absolutely silent the whole time we were there; no street noise or hall noise. The hotel is clean, modern and comfortable. I laugh at the "tiny rooms" comments because folks who say that have obviously never seen the closet-sized rooms in Italy or France, apparently! This room was more than ample for my sister and me and we had plenty of room to change, spread out our bags and move around. Beds were comfortable, bathroom clean and roomy, shower was hot, WiFi was free. That's all we could ask for.

The location was a short walking distance to BAM for the concert, which was perfect. Also we took the subway to Brooklyn Museum of Art and back, and it was quick and easy on the 2/3 line nearby, which left us right in the museum's front yard.

Check-in and check-out staff were friendly and efficient. We valet parked our car for $37, which is not a fee of the hotel but of an independent service. It's expensive, but it IS NYC.

As part of the renovation, there was no sign on the hotel, which made it very difficult to find (just look across from the Sheraton) and the restaurant was not yet ready for business, which just meant we ate at the wonderful Junior's for lunch and breakfast anyway. I'd return here for sure, would be interested to see how it is when the renovation is complete.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Karl B, Regional Director of Operations at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
Dear amybatt,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We appreciate your business and are so glad you enjoyed your room and the hotel overall. I love sharing comments such as yours with the staff as it's a real motivator to them.

I do apologize that our sign was not visable to you. I'm glad to say that as a new hotel, we recently had the sign installed and is now visbale for all to see.

I hope that next time your travels take you to the NYC area and Brooklyn in general, you will stay with us once again. I think you'll find many more improvements coming down the line shortly as we love sharing how we've grown with past guests.

Best Regards and again, thank you!

Binghamton, New York
Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

Having read a TA review about the tiny rooms, I was prepared for the worst. But note, I still made a reservation because of the sweet price I got! The room was small , but it was quite comfortable for two of us on a weekend trip to the city (note one small bag). The location was great only a shot walk fr the subway, and also a short walk from Juniors restaurant, a Brooklyn institution worth a visit for breakfast and /or cheese cake. The parking is close, but expensive. I would return , especially with a good room rate.

• Stayed January 2013
Karl B, Regional Director of Operations at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Dear BAEberly,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us here at the Hotel Indigo Brooklyn. We appreciate the time you took to write this as well as having you as our guest. Sounds very much like you enjoyed your stay too.

Thanks for mentioning Juniors too, it truely is a Brooklyn institution and only a short walk from our hotel. Next time when you find yourself staying in Brooklyn, we hope you'll make the Hotel Indigo your hotel while traveling. Look for our new Brooklyn Brewhouse Restaurant to be open too, we're excited about it.