“Petite but Clean”

Ranked #23 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
New York City, New York
“Petite but Clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed overnight because of a snow blizzard. Hotel room was very petite, but reasonably priced. I am rather petite as well and I usually have problems with hotel showers. Hotel Indigio solved the problem, their shower head attaches to a rod and can be adustable for the petite individual or the giant (see photo). Room was clean, bed comfortable.

Customer service was very good as well. I was called by hotel staff a couple of hours after arriving to see if I needed anything. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here several times and have always enjoyed my time at the hotel. This time, I was disappointed and surprised. Upon removing the comforter from the bed, i saw there were two brown stains on the comforter. It looked like dried blood stains. I know it is common that most hotels do not wash comforters often but this comforter had nasty stains it should of been changed and bleached. This incident has made me reconsider this hotel for future stays.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Touss1218
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Touss1218,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincerest apology for the experience you had with your comforter. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

I had a pleasant stay at Hotel Indigo. Some years ago, I worked a couple blocks from the hotel, so I am familiar with the area, and it is undergoing much change. New buildings, like this hotel, tower above smaller, old buildings. The hotel is a couple short blocks from the Jay street subway station, so transportation is easy.

The room was very comfortable. Although traveling alone, they gave me a room with 2 beds, so it did not feel cramped at all and was pleasant to be in. Very high ceilings in the room. The desk was in front of a window providing views of the area, so it was a nice place to sit and work.

I will likely return here again because I make periodic trips to the area.

Tucson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Indigo in Brooklyn last week. The hotel blends into the neighborhood fairly well. You have to look up to see the name on the outside of the building. I stayed here accidentally as my office booked the wrong hotel. The hotel is very convenient to the subway and you can go back to Manhattan in about 20 minutes. The neighborhood isn't the best. I think they are trying to make it safe. There is a lot of construction going on. There are a lot of police on foot in the area but there are also gang members and others just hanging out. When I returned from the city every day, I had my husband meet me at the subway to walk me back to the hotel as the neighborhood is still a bit sketchy.

The lobby of the hotel is clean but really not that inviting. There is limited seating and the lighting isn't great. When we went to the room, it was small. Really small....it is about the size of a walk in closet. The elevator in the hotel is almost as big as the room. The room had a half closet. You can hang up shirts or pants on a hangar. Right underneath the rod in the closet is a safe and refrigerator. There is no room to put the bag your clothes came in. We put our two bags at the end of the bed. Whenever we walked around the room, we had to climb over the bags. If you have to use the bathroom at night - you might break your neck trying to climb over the bags on the floor.

The bathroom shower is small. Really small....so small they put one of those handle showers in the stall as you will need it to get the soap off. You can't move around the shower or you will end up hitting the walls. We have bruises on our elbows where we tried to raise our arms to rinse and we hit the walls.

For the most part, the room was clean. The baseboard corners in the bathroom could use a good scrubbing.

The heat/air worked fine but the windows which made up one wall - are not sealed well. It is December and you could feel the outside air when you were by the windows. When trying to sleep, my husband was by the window - he froze. I was on the other side and I was too warm.

The hotel is okay but room should be a closet. I routinely travel for work. I won't stay at an Indigo again as I wasn't comfortable due to the size of the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with 2 beds. At least you can put your luggage on one of the beds so it isn't a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear pshajh,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to apologize you were not well satisfied with the room accommodations you had and any inconvenience you may have encountered that did not live up to your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Jamestown
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I loved that the hotel is in a good location; the rooms are so clean; and that the beds & linen are so comfortable & they use Aveda products:) No wall to wall carpeting is a huge plus! Also, I loved the high ceilings and expanse of windows-fantastic! The only down side is I had a queen size room which is as others have stated-so small you cannot open your suitcase unless you put it on the bed or walk around the bed unless you put one foot in front of the other and the "closet" is cramped to put it mildly. I was there for 3 nights and the first day, the room was not cleaned until 6p, at which point I just had them empty the trash & refresh the coffee. However, the staff at the front desk is topnotch!

Dear MAL521,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that you found our rooms very clean and apologize for the shortcomings you have encountered. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Tallinn, Estonia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

You can see where the money was saved with this hotel, as it's basically just a narrow tower on a very "in-progress" street in downtown Brooklyn with not much of a lobby and few amenities. Rooms are very small, but well appointed, clean, and with big windows (some with great views of Manhattan!). Breakfast not included, which was to be expected, and staying in Brooklyn will never replace staying in Manhattan - yet, it's a decent place to stay, good for the money, and the bed was actually quite comfy. You can pay twice as much to stay in Manhattan in a hotel that hasn't been re-furbished and has rooms even smaller than Indigo. Or you can save money, stay here, and invest in a metro card for a 10-minute ride into town.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear eab2124,

Thank You for your great review. I am especially pleased to hear your thoughts on our clean and comfortable accommodations. As a hotel we pride ourselves on Customer Service as well as great accommodations and it is good to hear that this was recognized. Again, thank you for your feedback. We hope to serve you again soon.

Zelyn N
Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

One of three hotels right next to each other, in a convenient location in Brooklyn, I found the hotel disappointing on many levels. The rooms are REALLY small, with less than 2 feet from the bed to the walls. There was no place to put my luggage that was not right next to the bed. The water pressure was poor, The AC/heater did not work in the first room. At 10PM I called the desk, and they said they would send someone up. At 11PM, I called again, and I was told the maintenance man had gone home for the night, and that there were no other rooms available. The next day, I had to pack my bags and go to another room, which did have a working AC. No word from anyone afterwards about the problems. Sorry, but it is no longer on my list of hotels to use.

Room Tip: Try another hotel first. There is a street side where truck start delivering at 5:30 and a construc...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear baldmongoose,