“Small rooms but very nice”
Review of Hotel Indigo

Hotel Indigo
Ranked #26 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Cortland, New York
“Small rooms but very nice”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

By NYC standard the rooms are normal but others may find them very small. Cruise ship small. That being said they were very nice, clean, and the bed comfortable. High class. The service was top notch. If you drive you'll pay a $35/day parking fee but the lot is close by and you can take it out for no additional charge.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Bob_Haight,

Thank you for visiting us during your stay in Brooklyn. We appreciate your business and feedback. Come visit us again soon!

Warmest Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
PA
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is not a bad hotel--it is clean, it is funky-hip, and the desk people are extremely helpful. It is well located if you want to be in this part of Brooklyn (as I did, as I'm here for business). It is also rather close to many subway stations (which I did not use) so the location isn't bad, either--it is also safe-feeling for a woman traveling alone, and there are good restaurants that are walk-able. The wifi is free and fast.

However, it is so, so small. I have stayed in NYC (and Chicago and San Francisco etc) often, so I get it--in major cities, hotel rooms are small. And I do not need more space than is offered at Hotel Indigo but I'd definitely not be able to share the space with ANYONE ELSE. Not even if I really liked them. I'd compare it to an inside ship cabin--or a pod-style hotel (which I've also enjoyed; they have their place, like a place to sleep and shower before a trans-atlantic flight). Additionally, it is a bit loud. Not from street noise, but from noise inside. I was here for a week on work, and had one blissful day in a two week stretch of travel and work where I could sleep in. I had to create my own do not disturb sign so that housekeeping would not bother me in the morning (from what I can tell, no one has a do not disturb sign) and all that did was cause housekeeping to stand directly outside my door--four feet from my head in my bed--and talk loudly about said sign. I could also hear people talking while waiting for the elevator as clearly as if they were in my room.

Which brings me to my final point--the elevator. Tack on ten minutes to your commute to wait for the elevator. Trust me. And don't call a taxi until you are downstairs. Or ask for a lower floor (I was on 13) and take the stairs.

Room Tip: Choose a lower floor so you can skip the elevator and take the stairs.
1 Thank elbodans
Dear elbodans,

Not for you- oh no.. we MUST change that!! We are committed to providing the best guest experience possible and when we fall short we take it seriously. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us. I apologize that you were not provided with a do not disturb sign- our Front Desk team members are available 24 hours a day and are only phone call away. The next time you visit us if you should need anything we will bring it to you right away! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We truly appreciate your feedback. Come visit again soon- we want to make you into an Indigo

Regards,
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 24 June 2014

A very cozy and nice hotel for singles/couples who want to stay in NYC for a short vacation. Let's start with cons:
- Rather small rooms (I was alone on my business trip so I got a single room)
- ... that's it
Now the pros. If you're a young couple you don't need a lot of space as the bed will be the most popular spot during your stay (You want to be out exploring the wonders of NY and not what you have thought). This beats the space issue. The inside looks fresh and renovated just recently, everything works as expected. I had a safe box and a fridge in my room so I could store my evening beers there. For other pros I'd like to emphasize:
- OPEN TERRACE on 19th floor! Bring your cameras for a great view of Brooklyn and Hudson river or just get up there to have a cup of coffee or a beer
- 20 seconds to nearest Manhattan-bound subway station (15 minutes and you're at Chelsea hitting those pubs). 3 minutes to nearest subway junction with lots of lines to practically every direction.
- Lots of shops and food places in the area (a whole row of clothes shops around the corner, 7-11 within a 5 minutes walk, pizza, deli etc.)
- Decent coffee in your room
- Very friendly staff
- There is a brew house just at the lobby serving some fine craft beer
Try to get a higher floor (I stayed at 17th). There's enough of power outlets in the room - suddenly it's important when you have to charge a phone, a tablet, a power bank and a camera. Clean, no bed bugs, reasonable price.Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Higher floor means less noise from the street.
Dear Alexei P,

Thank you for visiting us all the way from Israel! It was a pleasure to be your host during your time away from home. The 19th floor terrace is a gem isnt it!- One of my favorites as well! Come back and see us again soon. There is so much more to see!

Safe Travels,
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed there for conference for 2 nights. It's nice euro-style hotel. Super clean and modern. Very small room. Beautifully decorated.

My biggest complain is the fact that there's no room service at all. If you want bottle of water go downstairs and they'll give it to you for free. But if you want to order breakfast for the morning that's not gonna happen. You have to wake up and order it and not before 8am. You'll get somewhat edible food from restaurant next door to the hotel and if you are luck it'll be within 40 min of your order and maybe they'll bring utensils. I use breakfast room service as a wakeup call on my business trips and that was really inconvenient. I wish they would've disclosed that fact and maybe I would've stayed elsewhere.

Other than that super cute artsy european hotel. Staff were very nice.

Room Tip: No room service. Don't bring big luggage as you will not be able to lay it open in the room othe...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Pol T,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo Brooklyn. Please accept my sincerest apologies regarding your recent experience with our room service. Since receiving your review, we have consulted with our Restaurant Management team in order to better our room service operations so we may avoid problems of this nature in the future. If you decide to come back to Brooklyn we would appreciate the chance to make things right.

We hope to see you again soon!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I ended up here for a conference and thought it was going to be a cool botique hotel. The lobby was interesting but the room was a box. The TV was out for most of my visit and after having to depart a day early the still charged me for the room. (A 48 hour CX policy.) All in all I will not do this again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear MikeWJones,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo Brooklyn. Kindly accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. Our cable company was performing system wide upgrades to better our television services for our guests. Do keep in mind that we have many different room sizes available that would suit any size preference. If you do visit the Brooklyn area again we would appreciate the opportunity to make things right. As a team, we are committed to providing Great Hotels Guest Love and we use every challenge as an opportunity to better serve our guests. Thank you for your feedback.

Safe Travels,
Cherry Hill, NJ
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was the third Hotel Indigo location we have tried. The Hotel Indigo Brooklyn is located right in down town Brooklyn. It is very close to shopping areas, Subway, Barclay Center and several other attractions. The hotel is across the street from the Sheraton and the aloft hotel. There is construction currently going on in front of the hotel so the street is tight.

We parked using Vic's parking, which has an agreement with the hotel. We self parked but you can also have Vic's valet park your car. The cost is $35.00 per 24 hour period and you can pull the car out one time more time per day with no additional charge.

The front desk was very helpful and checking in was fast and easy. The customer service was excellent at this hotel. As with the other Hotel Indigo's we stayed in, the lobby is small but hip. The hotel has 20 floors serviced by 2 elevators. The wait was never to bad but if the hotel was busy this might be an issue.

Our room was super clean, cool and funky. We had two double beds as there were 3 of us in the room. There was more then adequate storage space and the room was a decent size, especially for NYC. There was a little refrigerator, safe, ironing board and a decent sized desk. The beds, pillows and linens were very comfortable. The room was also very quiet and in the daytime had a lot of natural light. We had a flat screen, good size TV mounted on the wall with several complimentary cable channels. There was wifi also, the hotel provided the log in name and password at check in.

The bathroom was pleasant also with a very nice walk in shower and modern, funky tiles. The hotel provided soap, shampoo and conditioner. There was a big sink with and plenty of counter space. There was also a hair dryer.

A restaurant is alongside the building, which basically serves as the hotel's own. We didn't try it, but it looked good. The restaurants serves beer and wine and drinks also.

I booked with a no refund policy and and using AAA, and the price was still similar to comparable hotels in Manhattan. At a base race if $290.00 plus taxes, etc. we were in the $340.00 range at check out. Not a bargain rate even in NYC. I would have to call this hotel moderate/pricey based on my rate.

All in all, this was a very nice hotel and location. If your looking for a comfortable, smaller hotel in downtown Brooklyn, Hotel Indigo hits the mark.

Room Tip: Look for specials and good rates.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear rrmambo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here at Hotel Indigo Brooklyn. When our guests give us detailed feedback like you have- it lets us know how we are doing and how we can improve- we cannot than you enough for your feedback! Our team is committed to providing stellar customer service and we are delighted to know that you had a good time with us. It was a pleasure to be your host. Come visit us again soon!

Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The place has very small rooms, but they are clean and nice.

The location is good and bad.

The Good;
- Location is close to subway to Manhattan
- Lots of bargain shops close by
- Nice bar in hotel

The Bad;
- Location is not welcoming after dark
- Not many cool spots close by, there are some but you must look hard
- Taxi's have a hard time finding the place

Room Tip: When you speak with taxi, tell them you are heading to Sheraton, across the street.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank James P
Megan B, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear James P,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo Brooklyn! Our team takes great pride in making sure our rooms are refreshingly clean and inviting because we know what our guests deserve- the best!! Our team is neighborhood saavy- and boy do we have the info you need to find the best places in BK. Next time your in town ask us about our local favorites. We will point you in the right direction.

Thanks for visiting us! Come again soon.