“Horrible Customer Service and Unsanitary Conditions!!!”

Swirl Fun Frozen Yogurt
Ranked #105 of 129 Dessert in Brooklyn
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I have stopped at this location to purchase frozen yogurt after my kick boxing class two times prior to coming into this establishment yesterday which unfortunately was my last time. Yesterday my friend wanted to get a yogurt after our kickboxing class so we stopped inside. Prior to ordering my friend asked the gentleman behind the counter if they excepted credit/debit card and the gentleman provided her with an affirmative answer and then he proceeded to take her order.

As he was preparing her yogurt and asking her what toppings I noticed that there was a young girl approximately 5 years old behind the counter playing with the spoons that are used for the toppings and putting some of the juices from some toppings into other toppings and at no point did the gentleman stop the child, instead he would just pass over her. I do not know about anyone else but I find this to be unsanitary and I believe children who are not of age to work have no business being behind the counter interfering with open food. They should be put to sit at the side.

After he presented my friend with her order I noticed that the lady behind the register was having problems with the credit card machine as she was ringing up the customer ahead of us. The lady behind the counter told the young lady that she will call her back to the counter when the machine begins to work. The young lady then went to sit down with her friend to enjoy their yogurt.

When it was my friend's turn the lady tried to run her debit card and was not successful and then attempted to run two cards belonging to the gentleman and neither was successful. She then proceeded to ask my friend if she had cash which my friend apologized and said that she asked prior to ordering if you accepted credit/debit. At no point did the woman behind the counter apologize. She provided a blank stare and told my friend she would have to give back the yogurt.

I really have to question what type of business do you have if it is your fault that you are not able to make the sale on a perishable item and you proceed to they have to give back the item? Especially when you allowed the customer in front of her to sit down and enjoy her two items and to add insult to injury you throw the item away. My friend wasn't looking for a free bee but I would think that the appropriate thing would be to let her keep the yogurt that was already melting at this time and hope that she would return at another time and make a purchase because your costumer service was great.

My friend was even willing to support your business despite the fact that you had this young child interfering in the toppings. I think this business needs to invest in customer service training and a new credit card machine. I would not support this business due to this incident last night and the fact that you are not sanitary.

Prior to my experience yesterday evening I was pleased with the yogurt considering what is available in the area. The original flavor yogurt is average with and the store has a variety of toppings and is also reasonably priced with special s on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

This place is new, opened 2 months ago, frozen yogurt and bubble teas. I tried the coconut bubble tea. I like the bubble teas that are more like frozen smoothies, this place makes it like milk with ice cubes and multicolored tapioca balls (green, black and yellow). It was ok, I’ve had bubble teas like this before and the price is reasonable, $3.00 for a Medium. I got a punch card with one stamp, after 10 stamps you get a free drink. The cashier also gave me several coupons for future visits, 30% off a bubble tea that I plan on using for a future visit. I like the decor, very fun and bright, vibrant colors. I would definitely come here again.

1  Thank QueenoftheHighways