“We wish we lived in NY so that we could eat Blue Stove Pie”
Review of The Blue Stove

The Blue Stove
Ranked #18 of 212 Bakeries in Brooklyn
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We were on a visit to the East Coast to visit family and were taken to the Blue Stove for dessert on a Sunday evening. They only had apple pie left, so it was disappointing to not be able to choose among their flavors. But all of us agreed that the apple pie was fantastic. The tiny-bit-too-sweet-by-itself crust was perfectly balanced by the slightly tart fresh apple filling. We were surprised at first that the server didn't offer "a la mode", but it would have been a shame to eat this delicious pie with something else. There are several small tables inside. This seems like a perfect place for anytime (breakfast, lunch, or PIE).

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I had heard about this bake shop and decided to try the pies?
Located right on Graham, a few blocks from the L train.
Not a big space but totally charming.
Very friendly staff.
I ordered a pumpkin pie slice and a whole apple pie. The pumpkin pie was amazing! Light and airy - great crust.
Took the apple pie home and had a slice after dinner - INCREDIBLE.
The apples were tart and the blend of firm and soft was the right texture.
The crust was very light and crisp with a nice flavour.
STOP baking, buy their pies!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

If you're looking for a chill place to read/study, then gather around their big table, purchase one of their no-calorie spared pastries and have a seat for a few hours. I spent many days in this cafe studying for my medical boards (which I passed!), using their free wifi and sampling their delicious selection. Everyday they make a variety of different pies, but also pastries such as fig/goat cheese, peach/blue cheese, and a several different quiches and pot pies. Everything I've tried it delicious. They have a few brunch items on the weekends too. The staff there is so friendly and bubbly, all wearing bandanas in their hair, and you often see some local old timers just relaxing in the chairs out front. It's lovely.

I will say that their coffee is on the bitter side, and if you're looking strictly for a great coffee, you can try Caffe Capri a few doors down. It's also a little on the pricey side for what it is, but you're getting a unique product.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

This was the local spot to work and hangout when I was living in the east Williamsburg. The stuffs are friendly with people using their laptop. But this is nothing like a pretentious hipster cafe in williamsburg. The nice pastries also draw a lot of moms and paps, so it's a good mixture of young and old. It gives you a sense of the community. Their refill policy makes it the most human cafe in the neighborhood too. I used to enjoy sitting on the stool by the window facing the street scene, with coffee and a pie while grading my students' papers. Many sunday mornings I would just bumped into another academics who is also scraping on papers with a red pen. And the other guy who's reading news paper would answered that he's about to start his grading after the coffee too. What a nice and warm local spot!

Reviewed 14 December 2011

mmmmm we are talking about excellent pies - not good, not great, excellent!

Blue Stove is a bit off the normally travelled path for most people but if you are in the area for any reason it is worth stopping by for some great dessert. There are other really good restaurants in the immediate area so eat first then get the pie!

1  Thank yellowpixels