Sumner Hotel
Pod Brooklyn(Brooklyn)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Lynx(Brooklyn)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2014

For the price, the hotel is OK. The neighborhood is not that bad... it's not worst than another in latin america (like santiago centro o Buenos Aires Obelisco).

The Room was very clean, breakfast was nice (free Bagels, butter, juice, coffee, yogurt). Very close of a subway.... 20 minutes to Manhattan using Flushing Station.

It's half of price about staying in Manhattan, and if it's not the first time that you go to NY, It's ok (cheap, by cab is not far away).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2013

First off, this Hotel markets itself as being in Williamsburg, it is not. It is in Bedford Stuyvesant right across the street from housing projects. I grew up in the outer boroughs so this wasn't a problem for me, although the Mrs. was a bit intimidated. The hotel has no real parking however I had no problem finding a spot around the corner. The subway is a stones throw away from the hotel. As with any major city, be wary late at night. For whatever reason they do not have any access control even at 3am. I walked right in after a night on the town and there was no lock, no staff at reception. There is construction of another hotel behind it so apparently some developers are betting on gentrification.

As far as the room itself, it was modern, comfortable and reasonably priced. The breakfast was adequate and I found the staff to be friendly. For a short term stay you could do worse and probably pay more.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mccutheon
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice, it's a new building, well maintained, but the staff and the surroundings of the hotel are appauling. When you walk up to the reception a bulletproof glass divides you from the receptionist. What kind of a message sends this to you travellers? A wrong one definitely. Then at 8.20am the cleaning lady started knocking on everybody's doors asking whether they needed room service today. That's when we found out that the door has no soundproofing rubber on the edges so it was like we were on the corridor and she shouted at us directly. So when she woke up everyone we went to breakfast only to realise there's no bread, croissants, bagels, waffles or anything left to put jam or syrup on. After many protests from the guests the service lady went across the street to buy a loaf of bread from a deli, which was ridiculous to everyone present. Hence, we decided to check out a day earlier and found a Manhattan-based hotel for 50 dollars more per night, which was a much better run hotel that actually offered peace of mind and quality for almost the same price, that said do yourself a favor and book a different hotel.

6  Thank MeeloshNS
Reviewed 19 October 2013

A very cozy boutique hotel , very new , smells fresh with very helpful staff. The location is a negative though but the Subway is like 1 minute walk and 20 minutes direct connection to Manhattan , What else do you want !!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 7th floor , so i would recommend staying at the highest point for best view and peace from Traffic noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank texturesclothing
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed at the Sumner Hotel over the Labor Day Weekend. The hotel is located in the Bed-Stuy neighborhood, right off of Broadway, a block away from Woodhull Hospital. The pictures posted online are as described. People have complained that the rooms are small, but to me it was okay since I was not spending much time there anyway. I stayed in a single queen room with my daughter and it was fine for us. The bathrooms are updated with stand up showers with sliding glass doors; my only complaint is that there is not enough room to place your soap, etc. It's steps away from the train station, and many stores along Broadway. There is no parking except the 4 spots located in the front, but again finding parking on Broadway at a meter after hours or the nearby streets was not an issue especially if your there during the weekend. The walls are not necessarily thin, but I could hear people down the hall from me laughing which was a little strange. Overall nice clean rooms for the price to stay in Brooklyn. I would stay there again when I go back to the city.

Room Tip: I had a room in the front section that gave a view of Manhattan from a distance
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family