“Super cool hotel, amazing view.”
Review of Wythe Hotel

Wythe Hotel
Ranked #13 of 72 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I normally stay on Manhattan, but got recommended this brand new hotel from a friend who lives nearby in booming Brooklyn / Williamsburg - so I gave it a shot. In proved to be a bull´s eye in terms of standard, concept, location, view and value for money. It is a boutique style hotel, an old warehouse that has been totally refurbished in modern loft style. I got a room in the 8th floor with amazing view of the Manhattan skyline, and the rooftop bar at 6th floor is as cool as you want. Had both breakfast and dinner at the restaurant, which both were really good. Service was as expected, polite and good, and the room had everything I wanted and more. From now on, when flying in/out of JFK, I´ll definitely choose the Wythe Hotel in front of a tiny, overprized room at worn-out Manhattan hotel. It´s just a 5 min walk to the train, and from there it is another 3 mins ride to Manhattan. There are tons of really good restaurants and bars just a few blocks away. Another huge benefit I noticed from staying at Wythe, is the lack of sirens and noice that you will find at Manhattan.

Room Tip: Go for the Manhattan King, ask for upper floors.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Wythe Hotel

Reviewed 13 July 2012

The staff upon arrival was very courteous. It is a bit awkward because there was no loading space so we had to rush with the car service to get all of our items into the hotel. We arrived early, so our room was not ready, but when our baby was having a meltdown - they courteously showed me a room where I could take care of her needs and rushed to have our room ready.

Our room was gorgeous. We had a corner king suite with a spectacular view of manhattan. The layout was great and the room was well thought through. The bed was divine. We love the two-way mirror in the bathroom and the aux stereo cable. The super bonus were the huge windows with blackout curtains.

It is across the street from brooklyn bowl, subway accessible, and by the brooklyn flea market. It is a great spot to have friends meet up at.

The huge gripe I have was no room service from the restaurant downstairs. We had a baby - and so it's a bit hard to leave. We had to walk down and bring the food up. Plus, the minibar was EMPTY.

My friend, who was also staying there, had a mini bar/room service issue as well. In her hanger (hunger + anger), she got them to order her a burger at 3am. The front desk said that they cannot agree on the minibar because the management is overthinking it.

We don't care. We want food.

Room Tip: King Corner suite if you can.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I've stayed in expensive hotels before some even priced a little higher than this one, but never have I felt more disappointed in the value for my $$$$. Although this is a new hotel I felt as though they did not pay enough attention to detail. (shades in room did not work, toilet in room did not flush properly and blocked easily, no hair dryer in room) Air conditioning in hallways not adequate. Rooms were minimalistic but missing basic comfortable seating to watch television.
Only seating in room other than the bed was small ice cream style chair. No ice bucket in room or coffee maker. No parking for hotel other that "on street" parking. Room was small. Bed was comfortable, pillows were nice. The bathroom was beautiful, but did not big bottles of shampoo and body wash that they refill for guest. I prefer to use soap instead of body wash but did not have that option. Food in restaurant was very expensive (breakfast for 3 adults was over $60.00), adequate portion and very tastey but nothing extraordinary in an okay setting.

Room Tip: Tell the desk you don't want the top floor because they have a roof top bar which is very loud a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kobetwo
Reviewed 12 July 2012

What an amazing Place Wythe Hotel is!! I stayed here for four night and had the room on 4th floor. amazing views of the NYC skyline. Floor to Roof windows, Comfy Bed, Clean, Modern Decor, Very friendly staff. I think i don't really have to say anything more. I enjoyed my stay at the Wythe and if i will ever visit NYC again which i definitely will then i know where i will be staying. It's a very fun place and i thank everyone at the Wythe Hotel cuz you guys made my whole traveling experience very pleasant!! Thanks and Kind Regards, Hanish

Room Tip: 414 is the best :-) that's where i stayed!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2012

There's a lot to like about this hotel. The beds are super comfy and the shower is great. The roof bar is a lot of fun and has great views. The staff is friendly and helpful. Good location. Excellent food in the restaurant. I like the minimalist design but missed having a safe, mini fridge and some hooks in the bathroom. Would definitely stay again on my next trip to NY.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed at the Wythe hotel on the recommendation of family who live nearby. They are a new hotel and still have some things to fix.

On the plus side are the location, the fantastic hotel restaurant and the sensitive redo of the property. The beds are comfortable, and the bathroom is really cool looking and has a fantastic shower. The witty wallpaper is particularly fun.

But seriously, I don't think any of the owners have actually tried spending the night in their own rooms. There is no place to put a suitcase (unless the very narrow bench in the room is for that). There are no drawers, just an open shelf where I can artfully arrange my socks. There are no towel racks, just one lone hook to serve two people, so towels remain soggy. The local toiletries featured are just not pleasant or effective.

The reason I will not be returning however, is the noise. We stayed here a number of nights, and one evening (morning, actually, as it was nearly 3 am) we could clearly hear every word spoken in the next room as the occupants partied. Another night we had our tv turned up after midnight trying to drown out the noise from music and partying. It was from either the hotel bar or a venue across the street, I really couldn't tell which, but it doesn't matter, really.

They have obviously tried hard to create a stylish and exciting environment, and to a large extent have succeeded. It pains me to have to mention the noise issue, but it significantly impacted our stay. I hope they can find a way to remedy this because it really is a promising property that has generated a lot of buzz.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Ballentine L
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My husband and I stayed four nights at the Wythe recently. The first two nights we stayed on the 2nd floor and did not have a good night's sleep due to the noise and the smoke from the patio next door. However, after communicating our concerns to the manager Mr. Lawrence, he upgraded us to the 4th floor with a fantastic Manhattan view for our last 2 nights. The room was perfect and very quiet with an unbelievable view of the 4th of July fireworks over Manhattan! We will definitely return to the Wythe.

Room Tip: Upper floors seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple