“Exceptional”
Review of Wythe Hotel

Wythe Hotel
Ranked #15 of 74 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed in a Brooklyn Queen room - the cheapest on offer when I booked - and was blown away. My usual strategy is to NEVER stay in the cheapest room of a hotel. Always go up a price point, to something with a grander adjective, it's almost always worth it. This may well be the case at the Wythe, but our room would be hard to top. The whole stay, and the whole hotel, would be hard to top. Firstly I just adore the fit out. It's a triumphant renovation, retaining so much charm, but with a creative, sophisticated freshness, and innovative design. Wythe really captures the reinvented industrial waterside energy of youthful, artistic Williamsburg. The service was warm, sincere and world-class. The restaurant (Reynard) is superb, as is the memorable rooftop bar (The Ides). The Wythe would be a treat for any design-savvy traveler and did not disappoint in any way.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mmaagg

Reviewed 17 January 2014

This was the best experience I've had (and I travel to NY, Poland, Germany, Japan, Israel and more.

I loved the design, both the esthetics and attention to detail, as well as its usability (lots of electrical outlets in excellently chosen locations, space for everything--I travel heavy; people joke I don't travel, I move--without creating clutter but where I could find it) and the amenities like the fabulous quality minibar, the surround sound, the availability of plush AND light Turkish bath towels.

The staff was WONDERFUL. Professional, personable, kind, responsive. Same goes for the bar and the restaurant. ANd the food.

I can't wait to come again, and have writtenb and told many of my friends about the wonderful experience. I and my husband had

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank IlanaBraun
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I have stayed here twice. Cool restored building. Great, friendly hipster employees. Restaurant is fantastic. Rooms have high ceilings and heated concrete floors....only downside seems to be that the walls are thin! Overall love this place, will stay here every time I'm in NY. Subway is a 5 min walk. Located in a cool, trendy, up and coming area of Brooklyn, near great food, Soulcycle and anything else you might want.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank sbeia
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and fell in love with this place and Williamsburg.
Really cool restaurant and bar at the hotel and some great restaurants and pubs nearby .
The room with the view over Manhattan was unreal.
The building is a converted factory and the conversion is amazing with many interesting bits of the old building still there: beams and steel girders etc .
I'll be back!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary J
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We have two daughters in Brooklyn and we know it well. this hotel is located in the Williamsburg Greenpointe areas. This is the dpi center of the new Brooklyn with restaurants that are superior, better priced and more edgy than Manhatten and some very interesting shopping. The hotel is very hip but also very comfortable. For a very interesting weekend stay there and check out this area. Have breakfast at the hotel it is very good or better yet have brunch. Have dinner maybe at Cafe Collette or Marlow and Son. if it is a weekend, walk to the Waterfront and food market and have a red Hook lobster roll. Then the second night take the ferry from there to Dumbo and have dinner at Viniger Hill. What a great area to walk and explore. And the hotel is something.

Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Val W
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My wife and I arrived in the evening on New Year and were immediately welcomed in this extraordinary Hotel. The Manhattan King room was very nice. Too easy to hear people in the neighbour room. The food at the restaurant Reynard was well worth the stay. Would, however, prefer some more choices for the breakfast like ham and cheese. We really like the interior of the Hotel which make it very different from the "normal" hotels. Looked like a Hotel for young upcoming people!

Room Tip: 4th floor is calm without any noise from bar, restaurant or traffic.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sturle2
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I moved over to this hotel from SoHo because my son lives is this area. It was actually Christmas Day when I arrived and I was pleasantly surprised by the size of my room. Liked the upscale industrial look and the rooms were very large compared to the postage stamp I was in at my hotel in SoHo. I found the staff to be very helpful, the doorman pleasant and helped with bags. We had Christmas Dinner at their restaurant and it was great and I felt very well priced. It was whimsical as well and didn't take itself too seriously either. Foie gras on gingerbread who knew? The meal was very good and service excellent even though they were very busy. I was leaving the country the next day and my son left something in my room which the front desk gladly kept there so he could pick it up. I would stay again for sure but next time with Manhattan skyline view.

Room Tip: Get a city view if you have the extra cash
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo