“Great Location and Awesome View!”
Review of Wythe Hotel

Wythe Hotel
Ranked #15 of 73 Hotels in Brooklyn
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I was there for only two nights and swore I would be back. The hotel staff were very friendly and remembered us ever time we came in. The room was warm and very clean as if no one else had ever been in there before. There was always a wonderful refreshing smell to the room and the floors were heated! The custom made wallpaper by Dan Funderburgh was a great touch to pay tribute to all things Brooklyn. The rooftop bar on the 6th floor was hip with a great view of Manhattan. AND you cannot beat the location, walking distance to all the great restaurants, subway and attractions.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the tops floors facing Manhattan.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JacShep

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Nice large rooms in this trendy upmarket hotel in Brooklyn. Spectacular view from the bar on the 6th floor; the hotel is only a few blocks from the East River. Friendly staff, good security. The food in the restaurant is quite good; pricey; the music loud everywhere -- but maybe I am not used to the terror of noise of the big city anymore ;-).
All in all a good choice when you're in that part of the world.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HeinVandegeyn
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is a great hotel! The staff is friendly and the rooms are large. The doorman was so helpful and hilarious. I wish we had gotten his name. We stayed here when it was first open and the experience was not the best. We thought we would give it another shot and we are very glad we did!

Room Tip: Get a king room because the view is outstanding!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gail W
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Just loved the industrial feel of this great looking Hotel right in the middle of Williamsburg. We stayed in a historic King room and it was very spacious, had a great view over the east river toward the skyline of New York. Check-in was very friendly and efficient. Even shared the elevator ride with an international celebrity. The atmosphere of the hotel is very casual which is great. We also really liked the pop up store with the sketchbook project. Furthermore the French restaurant Reynard's in the hotel itself is excellent! Highly recommend this nice Hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RROesch
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed at the Wythe Hotel because my grandmother passed away and I wanted something clean and close to my family who all live in the Greenpoint/Williamsburg/Bushwick area. We had a wonderful check in. We checked in very late sometime after midnight since we went directly from the airport to the funeral home. The hotel itself is amazing. Love, love the industrial feel of it and its a plus that the floors are heated since it was brutally cold outside. Abraham showed us to our room and adjusted the heat for us which was very nice then took us on a quick tour of the hotel which included The Ides bar located on the 6th floor. I asked if it would be a problem if on the next day I come in with a handful of family members who I'm sure would love a drink after the funeral. I clarified that it would only be 5 or 6 he said not a problem. Next morning my husband and I went down to Reynard's and had a fabulous breakfast. A must do! That evening after the day had winded down I came in with my family and were given dirty looks. Whatever - we headed to my room to drop off our coats and to wait for one more relative at which point after 5 minutes of arrival (mind you it is 8:19pm on a Friday night and the hotel itself is very much alive and jumping with people all over the place) the phone rings and the front desk says they received a noise complaint. Ok maybe we laughed too hard - we apologized explained to her that we are just waiting for one more person so that we can all go upstairs (to spend money in your establishment) at The Ides. We literally whispered while we waited for the last relative to arrive. I remember reading that the walls were thin. Upon his arrival the front desk called again to inform us that he was on his way up and rudely added ,"you know, you can't have a party in your room". We are not having a party, we are waiting for the last person to arrive so that we can all go upstairs (again to spend money in your establishment). Maybe its just me, I'm being overly sensitive, we had an emotional day and just wanted to unwind a bit, but I really felt like we were being singled out. That was my only "eh" moment about my stay here. As promised we went upstairs and had our share of drinks with no more hiccups the rest of the night. Would we stay here again? Absolutely!!! It is hands down the best place I have stayed in while visiting New York. I grew up in Greenpoint so to be able to stay at a hotel as exceptional as this one and be close to my family is wonderful. But, people may just look at you a little funny if you don't fit the mold.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank HiltonNalexandr... A
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed in a Brooklyn Queen room - the cheapest on offer when I booked - and was blown away. My usual strategy is to NEVER stay in the cheapest room of a hotel. Always go up a price point, to something with a grander adjective, it's almost always worth it. This may well be the case at the Wythe, but our room would be hard to top. The whole stay, and the whole hotel, would be hard to top. Firstly I just adore the fit out. It's a triumphant renovation, retaining so much charm, but with a creative, sophisticated freshness, and innovative design. Wythe really captures the reinvented industrial waterside energy of youthful, artistic Williamsburg. The service was warm, sincere and world-class. The restaurant (Reynard) is superb, as is the memorable rooftop bar (The Ides). The Wythe would be a treat for any design-savvy traveler and did not disappoint in any way.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mmaagg
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This was the best experience I've had (and I travel to NY, Poland, Germany, Japan, Israel and more.

I loved the design, both the esthetics and attention to detail, as well as its usability (lots of electrical outlets in excellently chosen locations, space for everything--I travel heavy; people joke I don't travel, I move--without creating clutter but where I could find it) and the amenities like the fabulous quality minibar, the surround sound, the availability of plush AND light Turkish bath towels.

The staff was WONDERFUL. Professional, personable, kind, responsive. Same goes for the bar and the restaurant. ANd the food.

I can't wait to come again, and have writtenb and told many of my friends about the wonderful experience. I and my husband had

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family