“Outstanding...Glen was a most gracious host who went above and beyond to make our family feel at home. We highly recommend Akwa”

Akwaaba Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 58 Brooklyn B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The accommodations were beautiful, the service was impeccable, the food was delicious...it was everything we had hoped for and more!

• Stayed: March 2012
There are newer reviews for Akwaaba Mansion Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 28 February 2012

My girlfriend and I recently enjoyed our third stay at Akwaaba, and the home away from home atmosphere keeps us coming back. The staff is always very accomodating of various check in times, and dietary restrictions, and they always welcome us as family every time we stay. We stayed in the "Jumping the Broom" suite this time, and between the beautiful stained glass and the great hot tub, it is by far our favorite room at the Akwaaba so far. The personal touches are beyond compare, and after three stays, we are still in awe at the fact that no matter what time we return in the evening, there is always a candlelit bath at the perfect temperature awaiting us :-). The neighborhood surrounding the Akwaaba is also surprisingly quiet, and full of hidden culinary delights. We definitely recommend Akwaaba if you are looking for a unique and relaxing stay in New York.

Room Tip: Our favorite room so far is the "Jumping the Broom" suite.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I went to stay at the brooklyn location for diffrent occassions all in one but mainly my birthday myself n my husband and we just enjoyed every bit of it it was just so homey relaxin beautiful..just awsome..cant wait to go bac

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 24 January 2012

From the moment we arrived I felt WELCOMED. The owner Monique greeted us at 8pm, well after check-in hours, graciously walked us through the mansion and recommended nearby restaurants for a bite to eat. If you're big on details and hospitaliy then Akwaaba is the place to stay when visiting NYC.The 19th century mansion is tastefully decorated and has the perfect ambiance for romance. Each guestroom is uniquely but equally inviting, the jacuzzi tub with its powerful jets being the focal point of all the rooms as I quickly learned at breakfast. The breakfast was delectable all three days and once again Monique and Ryan were very mindful of any dietarian restrictions or special requests per guests. Yes, this historic property is located in the heart of Bed-Stuy, but who knew this maybe the quietest block in Brooklyn. Perhaps the Episcopalian church across the street shares responsibilty, whatever the cause, the serenity was a pleasant surprise. The property is truly full of authenic old world character sprinked with modern day amenities.

Room Tip: "Black Memboralia" is very cozy with less windows and warmest in the winter "Ashante...
1  Thank dLevy87
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Had a great time. Pleasant personnel. The food was excellent. Decor was great. I would pay Akwaaba a visit again very soon!

1  Thank Donpinfinity
Reviewed 22 January 2012

My husband and I recently got married at Akwaaba Mansion (1/14/12) because we wanted an intimate and cozy affair (60 people) that was elegant, not stuffy and budget friendly. Akwaaba Mansion delivered. The historical bed & breakfast is beautifully decorated and the staff, innkeeper Erica, and owner Monique were very warm, down to Earth and accommodating. When it can to the structure of our wedding, although we already had a planner, Monique and Erica were very helpful with helping us see our vision come to fruition, which is something they didn't have to do but that's a testament to the fact that the staff there goes above and beyond to help make their customers feel at home. They were diligent and responsive throughout the planning process and were always on site and available during the big day.

Hubby and I also stayed there for the whole weekend for our minimoon and it was relaxing and romantic--just what we needed. The rooms are impeccably clean, the beds are very comfortable) and depending on which room you choose (we were in the Jumping the Broom Suite), you get a jacuzzi, which is an added bonus. The breakfast there was delicious and...I could ramble on about how amazing this place is but I digress. We will be staying there again and I highly recommend that you consider Akwaaba Mansion for your next event or stay in NYC.

www.TheLoversRocque.com

Room Tip: The Jumping the Broom Suite is dear to my heart for obvious reasons, but great for couples in genera...
1  Thank Starr R
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Very clean, innkeepers were excellent! Will stay no where else!

Room Tip: Jumping Room is my favorite!