“A Great Discovery at Akwaaba Mansion”

Akwaaba Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 58 Brooklyn B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at the Akwaaba Mansion, and enjoyed the total experience. The accommodations were decorated beautifully, and atmosphere was so relaxing! I would recommend the Ashante Suite. Monique and the staff pampered us with impeccable service that started with breakfast in the morning (the buttermilk pancakes were delicious), along with insightful tips on activities. There are several really good restaurant choices within a short walking distance. The subway, also within 3 blocks, made it easy to travel to downtown Brooklyn and Manhattan. Akwaaba Mansion was a great discovery, and has been bookmarked as a favorite.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Akwaaba Mansion in Brooklyn, after being recommended by a colleague. I was planning a surprise birthday weekend getaway and the staff at Akwaaba helped me pull off one of the best weekend getaways ever! Extremely hands on and attentive staff, excellent service, breakfast was incredible and the rooms are just gorgeous! From the moment we arrived, we recieved top notch treatment. We met some great people while there and had a great time experiencing the culture of the historic building itself and the neighborhood. At the end of our stay, we didn't want to leave. I will definitely be making my way back to the mansion sometime soon. I can't speak highly enough about it. It's a definite must!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hope W
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I booked this trip as a weekend getaway. The location was nice and quiet and the decorations and staff were outstanding. The rooms need some definite TLC and updating. I was really disappointed with the bathroom as my shower didn't work and my jaccuzzi didn't work as well and it was plastered from a repair. I think the room should have been closed until proper repairs were made or it should have been discounted but the lovely staff made up for any disappointments. The bed was really comfy and I slept peacefully. The train wasn't running that weekend but it was less than a 5 minute walk and there are corner stores near by. If renovations were made I'd stay here again and even consider having a party or bigger function there as I loved the concept and the location.Being a native NYer, I like to be able to walk around and the location is great for that.

Room Tip: When calling for reservations I would ask about the status of the room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank RWright22
AkwaabaBandB, Owner at Akwaaba Mansion Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

We are thrilled this guest found our inn to be quiet, conveniently located and nicely decorated--and our staff outstanding! We regret, however, that she didn’t know how to use the shower and Jacuzzi and didn’t ask for assistance. Because the one-night guest arrived very late in the night and used our door code to check herself in, she didn’t receive our customary welcome and room orientation. We had the pleasure of meeting her at breakfast, but she didn’t mention not being able to work the shower and Jacuzzi. We certainly would never rent a room without a working shower. And we know our over-sized Jacuzzis are especially enjoyed by our guests, so they are always in working order. Hopefully this valued guest will visit again soon and be able to fully enjoy our accommodations.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Akwaaba Mansion proved to be everything I expected and more. Staff members were gracious and accommodating. The inn possesses a charm and relaxing vibe that made our stay amazing. The huge jacuzzi tub in the Ashante Suite provided a mellowing end of the day respite culminated by a great night of sleep. And then there was breakfast...nothing better than waking to the insanely wonderful smell wafting from the kitchen. I look forward to visiting all of the Akwaaba properties in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your kind words! We look forward to spoiling you again in New York or at one of our other three locations!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Thank you so very much for an Absolutely Fabulous stay in Brooklyn !!!

Your Inn is amazing ! The room is marvelous. And the staff is first rate !!!

A unique lovely experience in the heart of hard NYC !!!

Gracias.

Room Tip: Just ask. The Inn is a restored Mansion in Bedford Stuyvasent
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Angel Luis F

Mucho Gracias Angel! Hurry back!

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Akwaaba so much we cannot wait to go back. The people, the food, the decor and overall service were exceptional from the first day until the last. I would highly recommend a stay at this wonderful place in a great part of Brooklyn.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank George B
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I cannot judge the hotels of Manhattan having not stayed in them but I would certainly recommend staying at this guest house if you are visiting New York. We stayed for 6 nights which worked out a lot cheaper than the hotels. The guesthouse is easily accessible via the tube and utica station. I think you see a different side of the city whilst also getting gear recommendations from your hosts. We really enjoyed the jumping broom suite with its Jacuzzi bath and huge bed. Breakfasts were brilliant as it afforded us the opportunity to speak to other guests who we had a great laugh with to get the day off to a good start. All in all, I can't fault the place at all. It will be nice to hopefully visit again some time in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013