“Cheap”

Ranked #42 of 55 Brooklyn B&B and Inns
florida
“Cheap”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

This place was cheap, that's the only thing going for it. Close to subway, too. But we did not see a human being until the morning. There was no hot water -- my husband showered in the cold. I heated water on the stove for a sponge bath. It was clean, but we kept being woken by people arguing somewhere nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank acaulfield

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

The location is a bit sketchy. It doesn't really look like a hotel at all. Rooms were surprisingly nice. New appliances and great setup ( like a small efficiency apartment).

Ok now to the good stuff:
First night we almost got attacked by small roaches. They were everywhere.
The room heater was all the way up when we got there. It was really uncomfortable. We turn the heat off and the room never cooled off. There was no hot water that first night. The
Other 2 nights that the heater was off the water was perfect.
THERES NO PARKING. If you bring your own vehicle you are gonna have a really hard time finding a parking spot.
We were only in the room to sleep. Spent most of the day out. I will not recommend anyone to stay there if you are planing on enjoying your hotel stay.

The hotel is only a few blocks from the metro (about 5 min walking). You don't really have to move your car to go to the city. That was nice!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Arks07
Key Largo, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We decided to stay here because it was close to family. We must have stayed in the same room as the June 21st review.
The bed folded like a taco. The room was dirty including the bathroom. The worst thing is “No Hot Water in the Shower!!! I let the water run for 20 minutes and tried to endure the luke warm to freezing cold water, but finally gave up and left.
When I called and asked for a refund the person was a fast talker and insisted no other guests were complaining about the water and I return to the hotel to talk to his guy (Which was him BTW). When I got there he was already running the shower and sink. The sink was hot, but I wasn’t trying to take a shower in the sink. I let the shower run until it got freezing cold and asked him if he would take a shower in that (Without a doubt this has been an issue before). He felt the water and agreed to give me a refund. Of course the charge just went through and I’m going to have to fight them on it. The people that run this place are totally shady.
The tub drain was almost totally clogged, the door to the room was just a thin cheap interior door. Anyone could have broken in to the room when we were there and I’m sure they don’t change the key codes for every guest. The place was made to look nice, but everything was half [--] done. The floor tile was cracked and the TV wasn’t hung on the wall straight.
Definitely one of the worst places I’ve ever stayed. No hot water in the shower!!! I don’t care if you get it for $10 a night it’s not worth it!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vince6575

Travellers are raving about these Brooklyn hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Horrible place, terrible customer service, the neighborhood has ZERO AMERICAN food! they say there are places to eat around here??? YES only if you like Pakistani, Arab, Indian or Bangladeshi food. The toilet and shower were dirty. I complained about the bed how we sunk into the bed like a folding taco and the manger said " sorry but if you don't like it you can CHECK OUT!" this is customer service and hospitality??? the maid only came once in 3 days!!! came back and my room was still not clean!! they say NO smoking but the place smells like old cigarettes and they neighbors are very sketchy!! I thought someone would come out and hurt me!!! HATE THIS PLACE DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JohnnySalazar
Harrisonburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

I've never stayed in New York, so I am unsure of how to really put this review. I'm open minded, so I'd assume in Brooklyn, NY that it would be bumbling like any other city would be late at night.

Rooms were clean. I was impressed overall with the niceness of the full kitchen and bathroom.

Parking is extremely poor. No garage and no verified spots. You have to cross your fingers and hope to find a spot down the street.

Noises outside, I believe, are pretty standard for location. A few booming stereo's and some random noise from the room next door. Very sporadic and hardly enough commotion to truly disturb you.

No reception desk, which I am unphased on. It doesn't matter to me if I see a face or not as long as my stay is decent.

I am unfamiliar with the town in general, but I haven't had any issues with locals all day long nor seen any shady activity.

Overall, if you're okay with a hideaway spot and content with less management-to-customer relations, I believe it's a decent place to stay.

I booked via Kayak, so I paid right at $100 for this room. For the price, I think it's more than suitable. I would also hope people don't "expect" a four star stay for such a cheap price.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Monica D
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

the window was jammed open even with a blizzard outside, the shower was luke warm at best, the kitchen had no utensils, the walls are paper thin, the bathroom had an enormous leak in the ceiling.
I would pay people not to stay here

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank L88London
New Bedford, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

This hotel is not located in a very good part of Brooklyn if you're looking for night life or anything to do outside. It actually doesn't even feel safe outside. The hotel was not clean at all. There were weird and questionable stains everywhere. It smelled of cigarette smoke because there were cigarette butts behind the drawers and bed. We found what seemed to be public hair as well. We also found two pills. The rooms were also comfortably cold with no control over the heat. I would not recommend this suite at all and I will not return. I travel to New York City very often and this has definitely been the worst experience. I've had better at EconoLodge.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends