“The best vegetarian food in bklyn, has meat options too”
Review of Kadels Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kadels Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Indian
Reviewed 26 April 2007

I love this restaurant, and if possible, I would eat here every day. In my humble opinion, I have rarely had vegetarian food made to be this flavorful. The food is a mix of southern and caribbean influence and Kadel, himself, is a wonderful man. While I am writing from a vegetarian’s perspective, there are plenty of meat dishes available, too.

You have to try his BBQ seitan and if you like collard greens, his are awesome. He has a number of additional sides (2 come free with each entree), including rice and beans, mac and cheese, potato salad, cabbage, roasted potatoes, sweet potato, okra, and some additional choices and dessert options.

The address listed here is not correct, as he moved out of Fort Greene long ago. I found out from other tripadvisor folk that he is off the C line at the Kingston Throop stop, which is in Bed-Stuy. You should call before you go to ensure he’s open and sometimes he runs out of certain menu items, so do check beforehand. It may be take-out only.

1  Thank Kathryn H