“True American barbaque.”
Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 5,496 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our bar-b-que is nationally acclaimed. Our food and sauces have won honors in publications such as Men’s Health and Eating Well magazines. We were named the country's Number One BBQ on Good Morning America and have been featured on various Food Network and Travel Channel shows. Our spice rub and a full line of specialty sauces are available throughout the country and in Europe and Japan. Our cookbook, Dinosaur Bar-B-Que: An American Roadhouse, was voted as one of the best BBQ cookbooks in 2002 by the National Association of BBQ. At Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, fresh, homemade, and high-quality aren’t just catchwords, they’re our foundation. Our commitment to food quality and genuine hospitality is unyielding and intense. We pride ourselves on our loyal guests, employees, and being a great place to have fun and while sampling some of the best bar-b-que in the country. Our menu is firmly rooted in the traditions of Southern bar-b-que, but there are other influences that shape our flavors and give our food its own distinctive character. That’s one of the secrets of great bar-b-que -- staying committed to tradition, but finding your own stamp and signature.
Reviewed 26 May 2014

When we arrived the restaurant manager told us that there would be an hour wait until a table became available, so we decided to have a drink at the bar while waiting. We had two drinks and they were both really nice and refreshing.
We were aiming to have a real American barbeque and this place did not disappoint us. We ordered a mix of starters, which were good but in general too spicy. As a main course we ordered the 12 ribs: great!
The only negative thing I would point out is that the restaurant is quite noisy, we could hardly hear each other...
My boyfriend loved the place and we would definitely go again in case we went back to NY.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Parking was a bit of a challenge but walking in the front door and looking at the place, we went YEA, this is gonna be good. We were promptly seated and got comfortable. The decor is wood and brick and they have over 40 beers on tap.
The menu has everything you want in Barbecue and a few extras like poutine. For appetizers we had: barbecue fried rice, poutine, drunken boiled shrimp and deviled eggs. Everything was outstanding. Each of us got a combo plate consisting of pulled pork, brisket and ribs. The sides consisted of : mac and cheese (spicy), fresh cut fries, baked beans, cole slaw,kale and black eye peas . By the way, there were 5 of us. We tried the craft beers and by god, we could not complain about anything. Our waitress's name was Mickey and she didn't write anything down. She got our orders all correct and all from memory. She was very personable and when we go back, we want her again. For dessert I had the lemon ice box pie and Kenny had the chocolate ice box pie. Everyone else couldn't eat a thing. There were very few left overs to take home because we ate everything. The price was right and we can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Friends of mine went to this place early one afternoon. Great time to go there, we were loud, so we didn't bother too many people there. Enjoyed the drinks & the food. Friendly service, spacious enough & a nice place to go back to. The swag sampler was on the money, oh did I mention good drinks. My friends and I will go back again and of course there delicious bbq is always a must. Enjoyed the nice prices & good service.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I hate to say this because I've been a big Dinosaur fan for years having visited the Syracuse and Harlem locations dozens and dozens of times and Dinosaur opened my eyes to the wonders of BBQ, BUT . . . on this day, the ribs were way below par - rubbery, tasteless and covered in sauce (I asked for dry rub). If that's what I wanted, I could've gone to Famous Dave's.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Found this by accident walking back to our hotel from breakfast. We smelled it for blocks. Made a plan to come back for diner the next night. We were not disappointed. This was the best BBQ I have eaten anywhere. I had the ribs and my niece had the platter with ribs and pulled pork. Both were excellent. The service was great. The prices were reasonable. Good drinks. A great place.