“Stands alone”

Ranked #87 of 5,839 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

If you want to eat one of the best pies you have ever eaten, come here. Yes, there's a line and yes it cost more then other places but it totally rocks. One of the best in the country and known far and wide, Dominick is a master at what he does. All fresh and top of the line ingredients, every pie is made with love. You should have this experience at least once. Memorable.

1  Thank Jonboy111

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I give it a 3 star just for the pizza maker .He is a Lovely old man.
The Pizza i had ,just plane, with some basel was OK . Nothing special about the ingredients. or the Taste. However the price of $30 by no means is justifiable. very expensive pizza which is a small but sold as large I guess . had to drive around 15 minutes to find parking and not much seating in the place either and then IT IS ONLY CASH No CARDS , it is 2017 last i checked , very poor if i had to drive 5 miles to taste this pizza i would give it 1 star , STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE your local pizza shop at 13 to 15 dollars a pie will do

Reviewed 12 August 2017

My husband and I looked up where we would find the best pizza in NYC and Di Fara popped up so we thought we'd check it out. It's tucked right out the way but we managed to find it and after queuing for about 20 minutes we were able to order. It was obviously really popular as the people just kept on coming, and everyone seemed to know that you'd be waiting a while for your order.
When our pizza was finally ready we were lucky enough to have bagged one of the few tables in the place and we sat and devoured the whole pizza between us. It was totally outstanding. The dough was stretched to perfection and the pepperoni was delicious.
Truth is I could have stayed their all day, the 3 man show had one star, Dom, who stood making pizza after pizza with a crackly radio playing classical opera in the background. He's a master of his art.

2  Thank maccaphee
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We went there last weekend after watching on Zagat.. arrived around 4pm and waited till almost 5 to give order.. We were told that wait was 1.5 hours.. Decided to take a walk around in the neighborhood.. came back exactly at 6.30 pm-- told not ready.. Will have to wait and after 15 minutes, when asked again - was told - two more people before us.. This is when, I gave up and had to eat something.. so went next door bakery and ate 1/2 of Kasha Kanish and finally we got our pizza at 7.20 pm.. Hubby really loved it.. I liked it too.. sauce has some different taste.. I have never tasted a pie like this.. We had four different pieces- margarita, pepperoni, onions & sausage.. Everypie was delicious but I will not return bc of wait time.. Its definitely one time thing for me but Hubby will return if he can be the first person to order.. ‍♀️.. this place is run by family with dad and son - daughter.. I was amaZed to see Master at work bc it was very hot and he was working on everypie himself.. do check it out if you are ok with wait!!!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Probably the best round pizza in Brooklyn. I grew up in Midwood and ate Dom's Pizza on a weekly basis before he became as famous as he is today. His Pizza hasn't changed. Simple amazing ingredients made by a food craftsman. Pricey and long lines these days but screw it. It's worth the trip. Mange

3  Thank John C